• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Disgrace

FFC Mariner

I think 8/9 would work well.

Also agree with Adz that simple, simple chants will help participation.

Remember, for most people, this is a brand new culture and you cant develop it overnight

adz

Staff member
dibo said:
people have in the past been annoyed when the megaphone's not used, so obviously you can't please everyone. it's important when we have too many chants going at once to be able to kinda get the bay to stop for a second, and then pull them all into one song. also, when trying something new there's really no way to do it other than through a megaphone. as well, sometimes when we do want to kick something through for minutes at a time (remember sometimes we'd say, start something at 85 minutes and keep it belting til 90?) you need the meg to cue that up.

in the end it's not that different to having a whole bunch together to start chants to make sure it carries over the bay 16 buzz, just that instructions are actually possible with the meg.

agree with everything else.

Ah yeah you can't please everyone, there will always be whingers, so you just have to see what points are valid, ignore the rest, and don't take the whinging personally.

I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that you either have the megaphones, or don't. I don't think it needs to be that simple! As you said getting something new going may require some instruction over the megaphone the first few times, but by now we all know what to do when mariners/yellow army starts, so no need to do 5 minutes worth of instructions for that any more!

Not sure about the point about bringing chants together when there are 2+ going at once... I think in that situation it's already a bit of a train wreck so let them fizzle out and then start something. The question has to be raised about why people are starting chants when there is one already going.

Also don't think it's necessary to say things like... it's 83 minutes now, and we want the next 4.5 minutes of this chant, followed by a burst of 30 seconds of this other one, and then you guys on the left sing in B-Flat while the right sing on the off beat in C-Sharp, keep a steady 120bpm, then a crescendo and......... etc. This could be causing a lot of the chants to cut off so short, because people think that if they don't hear the instructions to keep it going, then they don't have to.

That's just my opinion though and in the end it's up to Brett, the guy with the megaphone, to take in all the suggestions, listen to some, ignore others and go with it.

All this blah blah though for something that is so simple. Start chant. Keep going. People join in.

:soapbox:

Just read through the thread and seriously some fans need to take some of their own responsibility in order to boost the atmosphere in other parts of the stadium. Its very easy to say that the 100 odd people in Bay 16 should carry the other 18,000 in the stadium but its simply not possible with Australia based stadiums/behaviour restrictions. People need to take a leader role and not just follow the pack.

As for chants, i think that they are fair to complicated (at this point anyway) as just going by results the simple ones are by far the most successful as everyone gets involved. Also with the simpler ones people who don't know it straight away can pick it up very quickly, thus leading to a larger voice.

Just about crowd behaviour, cup throwing seriously is getting stupid, its doing nothing more than covering the people in lower rows with beer. I saw one guy almost punch a fellow supporter who threw an almost full one towards the ground but went all over him on the way.

Jeff (LouMacari)

serious14 said:
:soapbox:

All this "cheer on our team and don't waste time bagging out theirs"........  are you for real??  Deadset??  Seriously?!?  COME ON, IT'S A FREAKING DERBY, THAT'S HALF OF WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT!!!!

It will be a cold day in Darwin before I'm nice to a Newcastle fan, a Newcastle player, or anything to do with that sh*thole of a town and team....... they're our biggest rival and most hated enemy FFS, don't give me this "don't waste time bagigng them out" garbage.  By all means, cheer on the Mariners as much as you can, but don't forget what half of football support is all about - questioning the parentage and sexuality of the opposition.

:goodpost: :thumbup:

I think you (and possibly Adz) need to re read Bex's and my post. At no time did Bex say "this is what everyone should do.." but rather " I would prefer to ...." and I would rather..."

My response to Bex's post was saying I thought it was class, and as much as I would also like to concentrate on supporting our team than bagging out the opposition, I haven't yet acheived this as I too get carried away joining in chants like "your so shit, it's unbelievable" etc. Got it?

I agree with your ealier post Serious (couldn't find it so didn't quote it) where you said we should be keeping going MUCH longer with all chants as it takes a long time for the chant to spread over several bays, but the longer it is kept going, the more people join in (as per some of the Olyroos chants that were 'forced' to carry on for long periods as the person with the mega just wouldn't stop! and it worked very well.

I liked your post sensei, and some valid points there, also some points that we have all visited before and they either haven't worked or perhaps the target audience wasn't ready for them at the time but they could be re visited for next season?

I'll say again that this is what the Marinators club gen meetings are for, to discuss these kind of great ideas, but members have to bother to turn up for that.  ::)

Atomic

Greenpoleffc said:

Remember, for most people, this is a brand new culture and you cant develop it overnight

How about you guys go to Bay 24/25? that way you get your support shown on the TV, although you have to contend with the sun.

dibo

Atomic said:
Greenpoleffc said:

How about you guys go to Bay 24/25? that way you get your support shown on the TV, although you have to contend with the sun.

gold tix.

i don't think we're actually going to move. we're in the best spot at the moment in that we're there not for the view but to support the team, so it makes sense that areas with a better view be available for those less inclined to be part of the active support.

western stand is the best for sunlight..... and probably better for acoustics..
what about we get a few bays going, one on each side?

dibo

Aftermarth said:
what about we get a few bays going, one on each side?

when we get the 450 people we've got in one bay to all move together, then the 450 each in the neighbouring bays might be more of a chance! ;)

adz

Staff member
which side has the shortest bar queue? that would seal the deal for a few people ;)

adz

Staff member
Aftermarth said:
have we ever thought of singing those call and answer songs?
we need to be energetic with our support :D

I hope Brett doesn't read this..... :headbutt:

breathe innnnnnnnnnn...... ooooooouuutttttt...... remain calm..... lol

Part_Timer

adz said:
Aftermarth said:
have we ever thought of singing those call and answer songs?
we need to be energetic with our support :D

I hope Brett doesn't read this..... :headbutt:

breathe innnnnnnnnnn...... ooooooouuutttttt...... remain calm..... lol

count backwards  10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 woooooohsahhh

Atomic

I think the Marinators deserve a lot of credit with the way you've responded to this thread  :thumbup: You guys took a real negative post and, whilst it was initially hard for most of you to disgest (especially after what happened on the pitch on Saturday night), turned it into a real positive. If anything it has been a rallying "call to arms" and I like the way you're all fired up for this coming Saturday. Well done to all.

langdonis

i feel we need to get rid of all the free loaders that sit in bay 16...it should be for the hard core fans that are prepare to lost their voice chanting non stop like they do in europe to get behind the boys...im sick of sitting in bay 16 with kids and familys...i understand they like the atmosphere in the bay but compare our hardcore bay to the newcastle away bay on sat nite and i was embarrassed to be a marinator...maybe this is something that needs to be addressed...

Part_Timer

you will never get rid of them unless we FILL the bay as soon as gates open or bay 16 is declared marinators reserved seating like squadron at newcastle

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred