• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

FFA Cup 1/4 final vs APIA away

Tevor

Should we stick with the same starting 11 as Saturday or not.
I don't think you can after the heat of Saturday arvo, Monty is clearly no dope and some were rested on purpose. It will not be wholesale changes however a good 5 or 6 fresh players and rotate the ones who played in the heat during the game and that should be enough. All our Subs on Saturday at the most played 20 mins in that heat so they will all be a lot fresher.

I have faith Monty will have the boys fired up for this one. Then there is a good break over x-mas before the Nix game. As long as we take it more serious than WSW we should get the chocolates. I feel it will not be an easy game but definitely winnable if we are focused.

Tevor

There has to be changes but I'm not game in guessing how Monty will go. I think he'll surprise but can't see the back 5 getting a night off.
I think Roux will get a start, lets see if he is at least NPL quality. After Saturday when he came on and turned it over at least three times in 5 mins he needs to boss Apia to get some credibility back. I get the feeling with the young guns coming through he is feeling the pressure big time, with his A league experience we needed him to be a rock not a turnstile.

Forum Phoenix

I think Roux will get a start, lets see if he is at least NPL quality. After Saturday when he came on and turned it over at least three times in 5 mins he needs to boss Apia to get some credibility back. I get the feeling with the young guns coming through he is feeling the pressure big time, with his A league experience we needed him to be a rock not a turnstile.

He'll need a Clisby level turn around to get his credibility back for mine. He was a part of why Victory spooned and he looks to only be getting worse. Sorry to say the league has passed him by.

Allreet?

I was surprised we took him after his Victory performances.

If he was a boxer the commentator would announce him as Storm... the Red Carpet... Rooooooooooux!!!

Forum Phoenix

As to line up. Very hard to say. Short turn around and that heat so you'd absolutely expect to see rotation, but it's a big game for us. Two more wins, possibly even just one more win and we win an Asian cup spot

Normally I wouldn't be surprised to see at least Steele, Marcos and Cy off the bench. With, Ballard and Beni coming in and one of Aguek/Tsekenis/McCarthy/Muller starting with Moresche. And Miller looks like he might need to be swapped also.

But... I really wouldn't be surprised to see our best 11 start and try and put it to bed early and then sub out to protect players instead.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Monty does to mitigate the anti football and physicality they'll likely be expecting.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I was surprised we took him after his Victory performances.

If he was a boxer the commentator would announce him as Storm... the Red Carpet... Rooooooooooux!!!
I think Victory were such a mess, no one truly knew who was to blame or at least for how much. Hard to stand out as the weak link in a year of performances that f**king awful.

Avoca

Leichhardt’s Mayor, Darcy Byrne, has made a Facebook post, fully supporting APIA.

Hopefully the Mariner’s local council is as compelling.

Darcy Byrne has also encouraged APIA to be accepted into an A-League second division.

We need to beat them convincingly. WSW wasn’t a fluke. APIA are genuinely a good team.

Allreet?

Leichhardt’s Mayor, Darcy Byrne, has made a Facebook post, fully supporting APIA.

Hopefully the Mariner’s local council is as compelling.

Darcy Byrne has also encouraged APIA to be accepted into an A-League second division.

We need to beat them convincingly. WSW wasn’t a fluke. APIA are genuinely a good team.
And it's not as though we don't have form in the Cup...

But as I keep saying, we have a solidity about us this year as well as the creativity that fills me with confidence. If we just had a reliable striker... Maybe one will emerge tomorrow night?

Avoca

But as I keep saying, we have a solidity about us this year as well as the creativity that fills me with confidence. If we just had a reliable striker... Maybe one will emerge tomorrow night?
Agreed. I’ve got faith in Monty. We started controlling the Wolves’ match, even when the the red card was issued.

Understandably, a few of our players will have to dig deep, considering how energy-sapping last weekend was. Thankfully, the team’s got depth.

Certainly, we might get a few CCM strikers rising to the occasion tomorrow night. Time to uncover some Gosford gems.

FFC Mariner

I agree -Apia should be in a national 2nd division. Imagine having a council hat cared about the club? Ours hates Sokka because they are all mad keen NRL fans.

Ads

Roux——Miller——Rowles——Smith
Nisbit——Steele——Olly——-Hatch
————Teskenis——Urena————

Ballard
Moreshe
Farrell
Hall
Cy
Nkolo
Mcarthy

Michael

I’m anticipating a side similar to this
Birra
Storm kye hall and perhaps smith
beni balard Ollie Hatch
Tsekenis muller

in saying that I wouldn’t be surprised if Monty doesn’t rotate at all and backs the lads to be fresh enough.
Miller and Farrell could do with a break, probably Ollie too. Kye and Hally will be fine and we don’t really have cover there that I know of. As has been mentioned it’s a good chance to give muller minutes. Urena deserves to be dropped after his atrocious finishing on the weekend. Cy and moresche to come off the bench.
I reckon Apia will try kick us off the park like wolves attempted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami