• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Finals: Mariners v tap water drinking junkies

Ozhammer

You cannot overstate the importance of going into finals in form, as you just can’t turn it on, it has to be with you from the off. We can beat Adelaide and it will be interesting to see if Isais and Juande are out as both picked up injuries last night, as they would be big outs for them.

Kripple

Probably the least preferred opponent of the 3-6 teams.

Hopefully Nizzy and Hall are over their injuries and Moresche is okay.

Anyone heading over? Flight prices were insane.

Dan out this week. Possibly back for semi the week after. Moresche looks like he has done his MCL. Ruon or Windust to partner Kye?

turbo

Dan out this week. Possibly back for semi the week after. Moresche looks like he has done his MCL. Ruon or Windust to partner Kye?
Bad news if confirmed. You would think Windust playing a full game and Tongyik getting 20 mins gives an indication of which one is most likely to start if Hall is out. He'll be better for that game beside Rowles and having a chance to see what they need to work on.

Insertnamehere

Actually good news for Moresche. Looked an ACL from his reaction. Obviously out for finals but shouldn't be a 12m injury.

style_cafe

Actually good news for Moresche. Looked an ACL from his reaction. Obviously out for finals but shouldn't be a 12m injury.
I said to the guys around me it was a medial as soon as I saw it.
The way he landed and the pain he was in.
I`ve done both and the ACL is far more painful than the MCL.
These days its about 6 weeks out if he can have it operated on this week.
Sad news as we`ve avoided serious injuries most of the season which is a credit to the medical staff and our conditioning/fitness people... :popcorn:

Tevor

I said to the guys around me it was a medial as soon as I saw it.
The way he landed and the pain he was in.
I`ve done both and the ACL is far more painful than the MCL.
These days its about 6 weeks out if he can have it operated on this week.
Sad news as we`ve avoided serious injuries most of the season which is a credit to the medical staff and our conditioning/fitness people... :popcorn:
Yep I said the same, looked like a hyper-extension of the knee which generally messes up the MCL more than the ACL however you can do both if really bad. It's good for Moresche in that he can get fixed, recover and will get a decent amount of preseason in as well. Shame, as he was really starting to find his place in the team and has created some great attacking moves lately so he will be missed.

Big Al

Windust didn’t let us down the other night and with Monty’s trust in the youth I think he’s ahead. I’d be tempted by Roun but he was awful during the year when he did get some time

Insertnamehere

Windust didn’t let us down the other night and with Monty’s trust in the youth I think he’s ahead. I’d be tempted by Roun but he was awful during the year when he did get some time
I wonder how bad covid and his injury has affected his season.

I know as an old kent, I had a hip injury in Jan and covid now and ima bout to nope out of football this season. I have the option to take things as slow as I want to rehab. These guys don't really.

pjennings

I'd be pretty sure Windust will start but suspect Ruon will play a decent chunk of time as well. He needs to be fit and ready because the possibility of 120 minute games are coming up.

turbo

Disagree with that thought process. You dont proactively unsettle a back line in an elimination final to get minutes in legs for a future game that might not happen. You'd have to have a solid lead and control of the game to consider it. Not to mention you might be subbing someone on expecting to give them 30-45 mins and then need them to play another 30 if you do go to extra time.

pjennings

Disagree with that thought process. You dont proactively unsettle a back line in an elimination final to get minutes in legs for a future game that might not happen. You'd have to have a solid lead and control of the game to consider it. Not to mention you might be subbing someone on expecting to give them 30-45 mins and then need them to play another 30 if you do go to extra time.
Maybe I didn't include the whole thought process.

Windust has basically not been playing at an A League intensity while playing in NPL2. It is a step up to the A League and another step up to finals. Will he be up for 90 minutes or 120 minutes of finals football?

AJames

Maybe I didn't include the whole thought process.

Windust has basically not been playing at an A League intensity while playing in NPL2. It is a step up to the A League and another step up to finals. Will he be up for 90 minutes or 120 minutes of finals football?
Reminds me of Dan Hall last year, sure he can handle 90 min but maybe not 120.

turbo

Will he be up for 90 minutes or 120 minutes of finals football?
I get it but I think you just bring on RT if/when the need comes up. Might not happen or it might be 10-20 mins if Windust is cramping up. Can certainly appreciate being more reserved with subs to accommodate that possibility. Given his lack of game time it would be a risk to put RT out there proactively thinking its for 20 when it might be closer to an hour.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred