• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Graham Arnold in Japan (or the Arnold-sama chronicles)

pjennings

Vukovic quits Glory for Japan
The West Australian
Nick Rynne The West Australian March 3, 2014, 12:30 pm

Perth Glory are facing an uphill battle to avoid this season’s wooden spoon after the news goalkeeper Danny Vukovic will be leaving the club for a five-month loan deal with J-League side Vegalta Sendai.

It is understood the 28-year-old will not be available for this Sunday’s match against Wellington, opting instead to immediately link up with the Graham Arnold-coached Japanese side.

The deal is understood to contain an option for Vegalta Sendai to buy Vukovic at the end of the loan period, but the J-League’s strict limits on foreign players mean there is a chance he may return to the A-League next season.

His departure is far from ideal for Glory, who moved to outright last on the ladder following Friday’s 3-1 loss to Brisbane Roar.

They are sitting three points adrift of ninth-placed Melbourne Heart with six games remaining in the regular season.

However speaking at training this morning, coach Kenny Lowe said while the club had to start thinking about ways to prepare for next season, he had not given up hope of playing finals.

“There’s how many games left? If we win them all we’ll finish third,” he said.

“Stranger things have happened.

“I’ve never, ever gone out of my way to say the season’s over, all I’m saying is we need to prepare for next season otherwise we’ll be in the same position we are now.”

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/soccer/a/21795788/vukovic-quits-glory-for-japan/

GLORY CLEAR WAY FOR DANNY'S RIO DREAM
Monday, 3 March 2014 4:37 PM

00087418-leadimage.jpg

Perth Glory FC wishes to confirm that it has today agreed terms for goalkeeper Danny Vukovic to join Japanese J-League side Vegalta Sendai on loan for five months.

Vukovic, Glory’s number one choice goalkeeper since his move to Perth in 2011, has been in outstanding form this season despite the team’s lowly position on the A-League table. The loan deal, which was concluded late today and remains subject to the player passing a medical, will see Vukovic depart for Japan tomorrow and return to Perth in time for pre-season training in August 2014.

Glory owner Tony Sage and CEO Jason Brewer both agreed to support the loan deal for Vukovic to join Vegalta Sendai with six games still remaining in this A-League season, in an effort to support him in his quest to achieve a spot in the Socceroos World Cup squad bound for Brazil.

CEO Jason Brewer went on to say “When we were approached by Graham Arnold and Vegalta Sendai about a loan deal for Danny we considered all possibilities but felt as a club it would be wrong not to help and support Danny in every way possible in achieving the ultimate in any players career by playing in a World Cup Finals.”

“Danny has been arguably one of the strongest performers and most consistent keepers in the A-League this season. He now has the opportunity to play as many as 20 games in the J-League over the next few months to further strengthen his World Cup credentials” Brewer added.

Vukovic will be Vegalta Sendai’s and Arnold’s second recent signing from the A-League with midfielder Michael McGlinchey joining on loan from Arnold’s former club Central Coast Mariners.

When asked about the move Vukovic said “Firstly I would like to thank Tony, Jason and everyone at Perth Glory for allowing me to take up this offer in Japan. It allows me to continue playing at a high level over the coming months and leading up to the World Cup Finals in Brazil. Hopefully this will enhance my chances of selection in Ange Postecoglou’s final squad of 23 for the June tournament”

He went on to add “I would have loved to have finished the season with Glory but due to the transfer window closing in Japan, this isn't possible. I hope our fans understand why I have made the decision to accept this offer and I want them to know I'm sincerely sorry that I won't be here to see the season out”

When asked about his Glory team mate and possible replacement for the rest of the A League season, Jack Duncan, he said “I have full confidence that Jack will come into the side and do a good job for the team. He has worked hard all season and deserves his chance between the posts”

Perth Glory wish Danny all the best in his bid to make the World Cup and look forward to having him back in the Club’s colours for the start of the 2014/15 Hyundai A-League season.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au...y/glory-clear-way-for-danny-s-rio-dream/87418

Last edited:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I understand Wee Micky is getting f**k all game time...send him back arnie for the new season Arnie...or the round of death if we make it that far in ACL

Big Al

Another 60 mins for Wee Mac.

& Vuka not in goals either

Wonder if Arnie would be interested in Flores - Would be cheap after the knee & he brought him here. Would suit the Japanese not having to pay a transfer fee like they have bulked at for Danny & Wee Mac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred