• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Have we reached bottom yet?

ccmmic

We still have 2/3's of the season to go before we possibly know what rock bottom is. At present, it's hard to imagine us winning a game all season.

We have been absolutely "shite" the 1st 8 rounds apart from some portions of games. Mulvey has not taken responsibility at all. At his last press conference (Wellington) he deflected all blame onto the players and the club. They are his players and his tactics! Most of the players haven't been with the club until this season. Therefore don't have the baggage of the last 5 years.

I'm very surprised fox sports haven't been putting the "boot" in more often. Although, Kossie has been vocal the last couple of weeks. It's hard to argue against what he has said.

Insertnamehere

We still have 2/3's of the season to go before we possibly know what rock bottom is. At present, it's hard to imagine us winning a game all season.

We have been absolutely "shite" the 1st 8 rounds apart from some portions of games. Mulvey has not taken responsibility at all. At his last press conference (Wellington) he deflected all blame onto the players and the club. They are his players and his tactics! Most of the players haven't been with the club until this season. Therefore don't have the baggage of the last 5 years.

I'm very surprised fox sports haven't been putting the "boot" in more often. Although, Kossie has been vocal the last couple of weeks. It's hard to argue against what he has said.
Kossie has been fairly critical but reasonable unlike people like Bozza and that usually are

Offsider

Kossie has been fairly critical but reasonable unlike people like Bozza and that usually are

“Kozzie” doesn’t subscribe to anybodies agenda but his own. He say’s what he thinks regardless, unlike bosnich who say’s things to provoke argument and interest in other shows like bill &boz. You can tell when bosnich is being genuine he talks to the panel person ..... when he is being provoking he talks to the camera.
Mostfox pundits are past there useby dates ......... really informed interesting people like moss and the sacked jets coach (can’t think of his name but he talks to fast) are not retained because they expose the rusted on pundits lack of knowledge.
Harper, speed, peacock, archie, mcbreen ........... all recycle their thoughts and knowledge ad nauseum.

joe bailey

what about Mike Phelan? What's his role in all this? NYL haven't won many games either..also playing shite after watching them on the weekend.

localpom

Bad losses in the next 2 home games will be demoralizing. However unlikely it seems at the moment, 2 wins (or even win & draw) with hopefully some decent players coming back with give us some momentum going into the new year. I have never felt this negative but there is always hope.

Offsider

Phil fcuking Moss ....... o_O:confused:

Yeah nah ...:vhappy: ....... 'Dross' mate

I really don’t understand that attitude. He was assistant in the most successful period of the clubs time ????
He knows enough to be used on his own segment on fox ......... people that signed off on that technical segment are not mugs and he could expound his views to all and sundry including australian rep coaches.
:naughty:

soccer mad

We are super glued to the bottom , and have been since Moss took the reigns .Based on top six teams in the current league they are just better managed . You just have to look at the players we have recently let go in last couple of years they become starting players and have become integral to the teams they play for now . Without good coaching and team management our team won't be shifting gears we are seeing evidence of it now . So Mulvey and his staff plus all of the keepers should be axed ,seen enough this year unless changed will keep us anchored at the bottom .

Rowdy

Last edited:

Tevor

Totally agree, when we go the whole season without a win then maybe we have hit rock bottom because it is pretty hard to picture anything lower. I don't normally listen to pressers after a game but I did after the Nix game and like many have said he just deflected to the players and the losing mentality of the club. After the presser I really, really lost all hope of at least 3 or 4 wins this season like the last few seasons as you always had the feeling that on our day we could snag a win. This team has a passing accuracy rate of 70% let alone all the other stats were we match our ladder position, I just don't think they even have a win in them. The only time I'm going to post on the positive thread is when this season is over and you guess what they will say. I don't want to read another article how all the players are positive, that would simply be a lie.

Rowdy

I really don’t understand that attitude. He was assistant in the most successful period of the clubs time ????
He was 'gifted' the Managers job, couldn't even come close to replicating what Arnie achieved.

In fact most were of the opinion, that he went backwards instead of carrying us forward.

Anyone can stand in front of 60"TV & break a game down.
- freezing play with graphics over-layed
- highlighting teams defencies,
- the should'a/could'a/would've's.

He was DOING JUST THAT every week with the Mariners, with the power to change/enact any technical aspect he wanted ..... & he failed. :oops:

Last edited:

localpom

Ominous last words in this Guardian article. Or am I reading too much into it?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ship-who-can-right-the-central-coast-mariners
The way the team is going on and off the pitch, change will have to happen at some point. There seems an awful lot of unanswered questions behind the scenes, and the silence is deafening as they say. If we lose the next 2 a change in coaching staff must be imminent. But who? Can we afford anyone half decent?

Ancient Mariner

Treat me with a bit of respect and you get respect back........

This is the first time I have replied to one of your posts, because frankly I have not seen them as being worth answering, apart from the time when you were amazed that an Aleague coach ignored you.

But just a bit on respect.

Respect is earned, not a given.

You have had a go at quite a few here who have earned great respect on this forum and around the club over many years. JoshoHowe, Forum Phoenix, Joyful Penquin and now Roddy. Their posts are usually well thought out and show a great deal of knowledge and understanding of the game.

Having fun with Wombat is entertaining, but when most of your posts are not very funny, not insightful or just plain strange do not be surprised when you do not gain a lot of credibility here.

Rowdy

Ominous last words in this Guardian article. Or am I reading too much into it?

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ship-who-can-right-the-central-coast-mariners
Did you read the comments down below the article Celery ?

Found this one interesting, most likely from a Qld'r in Mulveys home state :

Screenshot_2018-12-17-17-01-45.png

The 'Mulvey's blindspot for years' caught my eye :

"continually picking Athletes over more technical players"

Ring a bell anyone ???

Athletes in Qld = ' Mongrel ' on CCoast :cool:

Rowdy

Quite a few comments from people NOT happy with our ticket price$ for 'away-fans' also isn't good to hear.

Factor in our current form (or complete lack of it) - why would anyone drive up or down the freeway, let alone stump up for a plane ticket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami