• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Heath Ledger Dead

Leedsmariner

Heath Ledger found dead in NY apartment

Australian-born actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence in what authorities say is a possible drug-related death. He was 28.

A police spokesman said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the apartment that is believed to be his home.

The housekeeper went to tell Ledger the masseuse had arrived and found him dead about 3.30pm New York time (0730 AEDT), Paul Browne said.

Ledger was an Oscar nominee for his role in Brokeback Mountain and had numerous other screen credits.

The Perth-born actor had a two-year-old Matilda, with former fiancee and Brokeback Mountain co-star Michelle Williams.

US television network NBC reports his body was found surrounded by pills.

"We are investigating the possibility of an overdose," Browne said.

Ledger and Williams split in September last year.

Ledger played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in Monster's Ball and had starring roles in A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

He was to appear as the Joker this year in The Dark Knight, a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins.

M4L

Leedsmariner said:

Australian-born actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence in what authorities say is a possible drug-related death. He was 28.

A police spokesman said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the apartment that is believed to be his home.

The housekeeper went to tell Ledger the masseuse had arrived and found him dead about 3.30pm New York time (0730 AEDT), Paul Browne said.

Ledger was an Oscar nominee for his role in Brokeback Mountain and had numerous other screen credits.

The Perth-born actor had a two-year-old Matilda, with former fiancee and Brokeback Mountain co-star Michelle Williams.

Ledger played the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in Monster's Ball and had starring roles in A Knight's Tale and The Patriot.

He was to appear as the Joker this year in The Dark Knight, a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins.

Bit of a surprise!!!

mariners4ever

M4L said:
Leedsmariner said:

Bit of a surprise!!!

yeh just a bit

Aimeee

Yeah it seems pretty out of the blue. He was brilliant in A Night's Tale.
RIP Heath ;_;

CCM-JAM80

It has been reported Heath may have also been suffering from phnemonia (sp?) ... a tragic loss. One of Australia's finest young actors lost at the prime of his life.

Leedsmariner

Police are reporting that there was pills (possibly sleeping pills) found on the bed and floor of his bedroom. Possibly Pneumonia and sleeping pills together have taken his life.
His family have said that he wouldn't/hasn't taken his own life

nutmeg

I think everyone was shocked when they heard the news. i was out shopping when a friend told me and i spoke to other friends and they didn't believe me. RIP Heath

marconigirl

I was shocked... my bf told me today when I met up with him for lunch, hadn't heard the news or anything, and couldn't believe it till i read it on the net.. very sad as he was so young and such a good actor.. :( RIP Heath...

serious14

*is stunned*

I watched Two Hands just the other night..... this is bullshit, why do awesome Hollywood (whilst being non-Hollywood as well) types like Heath have to be taken away whilst f*cked up tabloid fodder like Amy Winehouse, Spears, and all the rest of that filth are allowed to stay??

F*ck this, this is wrong.  Half of me is expecting him to walk out on stage tonight on the Letterman show in full Joker costume and reveal it as a psychotic prank......

RIP Heath, you will be missed.

marinermick

thegreenpea said:
RIP Heath ;_;

haha - one of the crappest movies ever

love the scene in two hands at the end when one of the gangsters is wearing a newcastle breakers t-shirt - priceless

dru

marinermick said:
thegreenpea said:
RIP Heath ;_;

love the scene in two hands at the end when one of the gangsters is wearing a newcastle breakers t-shirt - priceless

Did he make anything decent since two hands?  ???

I was more upset when Sir Edmund Hillary died to be honest

CCM-JAM80

dru said:
marinermick said:
thegreenpea said:
RIP Heath ;_;

Did he make anything decent since two hands?  ???

I was more upset when Sir Edmund Hillary died to be honest

His part in the Bob Dylan classic is really good and his performance as a young Joker in the new Batman is superb.

I am not sure if it's about splitting hairs on who anyone would be more upset about in dying to be honest mate ...

Andy

Is it too soon for jokes?? I don't care I'm putting them in here:

Autopsy results are in, apparently Ledger died of alcoholic-poisoning.

Turned out he had too many Cock-Sucking Cowboys.

He also had a terrible drug problem.

He had some crack whilst making Brokeback Mountain and was hopelessly addicted.

M4L

Andy said:

Didnt take long im waiting for the pictures of the hoff standing outside his apartment.... We live in a cruel world

Andy

M4L said:
Andy said:

Didnt take long im waiting for the pictures of the hoff standing outside his apartment.... We live in a cruel world

So you want some more...

Heath Ledger has died from a drug overdose.

He became addicted to crack whilst filming Brokeback Mountain

What do Jake Gylennhal's cherry and a bottle of Paxil have in common?

They both got popped by Heath Ledger.

'Will these sleeping tablets work, doc' said Heath Ledger.
'Yep son,' said the doc,' you'll be dead to the world in no time.'

What do you mean about the Hoff thing?

marconigirl

marinermick said:

haha, really? Shall have to watch the movie now just to see.. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred