• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Holland joins Socceroos

Andy

Jocwa08 said:
I know ill cop shit for this but i wouldnt hate to see him in a mariners jersey one day ...

Only as a striker though.

The amount of times he gives away the ball when he plays in midfield is astonishing.

jaypee

shipwreck said:
Jocwa08 said:
I know ill cop shit for this but i wouldnt hate to see him in a mariners jersey one day ...

Will see that sooner than you think ;)

Really - I doubt it but would like to know why you would feel that way. Didn't he sign a 2 year deal

Andy

jaypee said:
shipwreck said:
Jocwa08 said:

Really - I doubt it but would like to know why you would feel that way. Didn't he sign a 2 year deal

That's what I thought.

Although he could get a release like Greg Owens did.

I would laugh for days if that happened.

kevrenor

forzamariners said:
Chooky said:
forzamariners said:
I'd hope the same would be said if the situation was reversed?
When anyone plays for Australia, club colours mean little to me.
When he plays for australia then we can resume this conversation
He plays for the Young Socceroos (U20). I hope Redmayne gives him shit in camp.

That said he's a great talent and if Lawrie wanted him in future I wouldn't have a problem.
I understand the sentiment guys and gals but it is only a game, and his career. He just made a poor career move, the little shit.

Bear

Ill forgive you this one time, ONE TIME kevrenor for calling football "only a game", next time I will be forced to kill you

jaypee

Andy said:
jaypee said:
shipwreck said:
Jocwa08 said:

That's what I thought.

Me Too but I wonder why Shipwreck knows more than we do (or assumes to know) and we all know about assumptions!!!

Omni

Greenpole that made me laugh (given I'm studying theology!)

As for Holland, it's one thing to play for the derby rivals of your hometown team but why train with the locals one day and sign for their derby rivals the next?

He's got NO chance of playing for the Socceroos right now, maybe in the future, mind you anyone but Carle & Griffiths.

serious14

adz said:
AFL is a religion ;)

No basis in reality based on poorly written manuscripts from a long time ago??  Well, I guess the first AFL (VFL, whatever) administrator's _were_ on absinthe when they codified those rules way back when....... seriously, POINTS FOR MISSING, WHAT THE FLYING F*CK?!?

FFC Mariner

serious14 said:
adz said:
AFL is a religion ;)

No basis in reality based on poorly written manuscripts from a long time ago??   Well, I guess the first AFL (VFL, whatever) administrator's _were_ on absinthe when they codified those rules way back when....... seriously, POINTS FOR MISSING, WHAT THE FLYING F*CK?!?

allsopp is in the wrong sport then. If they gave him points for missing he would be a world superstar

Andy

jaypee said:
Andy said:
jaypee said:
shipwreck said:
Jocwa08 said:

That's what I thought.

Me Too but I wonder why Shipwreck knows more than we do (or assumes to know) and we all know about assumptions!!!

There's a number of possibilities.

Shipwreck could know James Holland personally, Lawrie McKinna or anyone else with inside knowledge.

jaypee

Andy said:
jaypee said:
Andy said:
jaypee said:
shipwreck said:
Jocwa08 said:

That's what I thought.

There's a number of possibilities.

Shipwreck could know James Holland personally, Lawrie McKinna or anyone else with inside knowledge.

Andy

so its time for Shipwreck to put up or shut up. Thats the point you can say what you want on a forum but lets see some meat on the bone!!!

brett

I don't know shipwreck's connection or if there is one at all, but there have been times when various people have had information and leaked it out on the forum or given hints.

Sometimes it's impossible to provide sources under certain circumstances.

Take it or leave it.

Andy

brett said:
I don't know shipwreck's connection or if there is one at all, but there have been times when various people have had information and leaked it out on the forum or given hints.

Sometimes it's impossible to provide sources under certain circumstances.

Take it or leave it.

Exactly.

There are a lot of people on this forum that have inside knowledge but don't reveal it publicly because they have been asked not to.

Very rarely will you find someone come on here and reveal 100% what he knows and the source it comes from.

From the dug out

Being my 1st post and trying to be politically correct in a forum where if people don't write what others want to read, then one is considered to be a loser. I have chosen the loser catagory for my words from within.

First of all my family are Mariners supporters and always will be. We are one of many families who share our vocal cords to that of the Marinators, choosing to sit in the bay to the left of the Marinators, wanting to support, as well as looking after my family (two sons age 3 & 8 ).

Regarding James, yes it is true that he trained the day before signing with the Jets and yes it is true that something strange looks to be within.

Since finishing at the AIS, he was training full time with the jets, even before his little stint in Belguim. Jonsey, the Jets assistant coach (also from the AIS) had a great repour with him and it was obvious they would meet up and chat.

Regarding James at the Mariners training, it is said that he felt like he didn't quiet fit in, and at the time the League leaders had know reason to think otherwise (winners are grinners). It is said on the "rumour mill" that after talking to a close friend (another mariners squad member) about his chances of getting a lookin, it was suggested that he doesn't have much of a chance, therefore knowing that he was wanted north and the fact that he wanted some game time, he chose to sign up with the jets.

His goal was to make the Olyroo squad and with Christmas fast approching, he was running out of game time to try and make his mark, therefore the decision was made. 6 games for 3 goals, and regardless of certain coments he should be complemented on his acheivements to date. Tell me another Aussie 18 year old doing better in this comp?

....and yes it is true that he won't play against Qatar, but then again, who will from that training squad, maybe 2 or 3 at best. What a great experience none the less, I am disappointed that we dont have him in the yellow and blue, however I dont blame the kid for that.

mariners4ever

well robbie kruse/ micheal zullo have done pretty good in QLD, patafta is a player for the future, too bad he aint getting any game time though

mariners4ever

some pics on the 442 website:

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/gallery.aspx?galleryID=242

i looked through them and it looked like pim told wilko to stay on bruce djite

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member