• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hotel Gosford Agree To Screen Mariners Away Games

JackMariner

Hi all just thought I would let you know that the totally refurbished Hotel Gosford is an excellent place to dine and long awaited welcome competitor to the Pavilion in Mann Street Gosford. Having had lunch there today with a great mate (another Mariners tragic) I can and will, thoroughly recommend it. Also there is a gigantic TV screen in the area and after discussions with the owner Jordan and Scott the General Manager I am extremely pleased to inform you (if interested) that they would be very happy to screen our away games when it is not possible for us to travel to them. Screen is huge and honestly leaves others in various establishments around Gosford for dead! I hope regulators do not view this post as commercial touting because I am just trying to look out for us fans and I would love to see this idea get legs. After Newcastle trip next week I will definitely be going to Hotel Gosford for a try out and a tipple or three. They even allow the wearing of caps, anytime anywhere not just on match days.

Last edited:

Corsair

What was the clientele like? Last time i was there (before it was refurbished) it was a bit rough. Few regulars gave us the evil eye. Hopefully it's a bit more welcoming after the refurb...

JackMariner

Very pleasant and everyone as we could see were enjoying themselves. I am today booking a table for 8 next week for 3 anniversaries ourselves being a belated one(both my darling wife and I forgot) and 2 couples good neighbours are having this week and another couple who we invited just because they are great neighbours. Did I mention the screen is similar in size to Avoca Beach Theatre.

Last edited:

Big Al

What was the clientele like? Last time i was there (before it was refurbished) it was a bit rough. Few regulars gave us the evil eye. Hopefully it's a bit more welcoming after the refurb...
Looking at the renovations they are just going to price out the old clientele. Food looks proper up market on insta.

JackMariner

Yep I'm sure that is the idea, you are not going to be seeing clientele entering anything like the previous establishment did. What was I thinking "had" Probably majority OldHovel Sopwith Camel supporters

Attachments

• sopwith[1].jpg
    sopwith[1].jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

JackMariner

Not with the discussion I had today the mere mention of it had eyes rolling everywhere, one comment why the hell would we want to support followers of a team outside Gosford. Fair enough don't you think?

JackMariner

Going to lunch again on Friday beyond the pub food menu, top plate! BTW there is a feature in the CCN Business and Property "Historic Hotel Roars Back To Life. "Roars" shit not my choice of sub heading. Anyway they mean well!

turbo

Not with the discussion I had today the mere mention of it had eyes rolling everywhere, one comment why the hell would we want to support followers of a team outside Gosford. Fair enough don't you think?
It’s what one or two days a year? I don’t see why anyone would begrudge a local business cashing in on away fans wanting to see a decent venue in our backyard. If that turns someone off going to a venue offering to show the league on away days (that’s rare and will be even more so on paramount) then they need to take a look at how precious they’re being.

Corsair

It’s what one or two days a year? I don’t see why anyone would begrudge a local business cashing in on away fans wanting to see a decent venue in our backyard. If that turns someone off going to a venue offering to show the league on away days (that’s rare and will be even more so on paramount) then they need to take a look at how precious they’re being.
I agree. It might be case of when someone passionate is in your face you might say things to appease them... and where else would they go anyway? Everywhere else is full of mariners fans.

booney

Jets followers always welcome-give us a good crowd atmosphere-as long as they don't bring that bloke who was presented with the No 1 top the other day.

Huddo

good refurb, from a bloke that works in the Gossie CBD, and frequents it often.
Also I know alot of the old crusty punters who used to drink there (through my line of work), they're all getting moved on, most of them to a pub a little further west through a multitude of methods.

Tevor

I've been frequenting this pub for many years on game days and you always see away supporters there not just Scum supporters. Its a pub near the ground so it's always going to attract the travelers. I've seen heaps of SFC fans there on our home games. Haven't been there yet however my wife said it is a great refurb and the food is very good, the food was always decent before the face lift anyway. We used to see heaps of CCM supporters there on game days, so now there may be even more. I refuse to go to the Leagues Club and missed this watering hole while it was being refurbed last season and thank god for Baker St (which I will still go to as well).

FFC Mariner

I've been frequenting this pub for many years on game days and you always see away supporters there not just Scum supporters. Its a pub near the ground so it's always going to attract the travelers. I've seen heaps of SFC fans there on our home games. Haven't been there yet however my wife said it is a great refurb and the food is very good, the food was always decent before the face lift anyway. We used to see heaps of CCM supporters there on game days, so now there may be even more. I refuse to go to the Leagues Club and missed this watering hole while it was being refurbed last season and thank god for Baker St (which I will still go to as well).
Bay Road is the go to pre game venue for loads of people

JackMariner

Bay Road is the go to pre game venue for loads of people
I am not even considering renewing my membership at the CCLC. They get our hard earned money from their allegedly watered down beer and definite woeful bistro menu particularly on match days. I mean Archies is a mediocre offering of food at best. The Sportsbar screens are not worth a crumpet and as for the large screen with all the lights reflecting back onto it, well it is just lamentable. In a nutshell this is why I have approached Hotel Gosford to try and get some kind of alternative to the CCLC for the supporters and I honestly think it could be a much more desirable alternative, but that's only my opinion. We do also enjoy Baker Street and it has become our meeting place before home matches as many of us as opposed to the CCLC

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami