• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Hotel Gosford Agree To Screen Mariners Away Games

JackMariner

Agreed. Their beer is superior to Six Strings (except for the Double Red), just shades some of the Block n’ Tackle wares and well ahead of the dirge Hawkesbury serve.

When Beer Farm comes to Warnervale they will lose the number one spot.
Have you tried Stone & Wood? I am quite partial to it myself but there is no chance of getting a glass of it at CCLC. Guess who has it on tap and have done weeks before the makeover. I was very fortunate to meet one of the owners Brad they gave us so many freebies we had to call a taxi to return to our accomodation. This might have a little bearing on my bias towards their brew. The Lion Brewery consortium has now bought Stone & Wood. Also do yourself a favour and download the Hotel Gosford app there is a section called Pick a box and as I have done, you can win free drinks and majorly discounted ones all to enjoy when we watch the boys win away. There is an expiry on your winning coupons of a week. Bayview Hotel in Woy Woy has the same app and similar benefits GRSL and Sailing Club use to have it but not now. CCLC definitely do not have it, Zilch Cero Nought just like the support and encouragement they have for the Mariners. So am I going to see anyone join us after our encounter with the OldHovel Sopwith Camels the week after at Jordan's place? It would be fantastic to put faces to usernames.

Last edited:

marinermick

Have you tried Stone & Wood? I am quite partial to it myself but there is no chance of getting a glass of it at CCLC. Guess who has it on tap and have done weeks before the makeover. I was very fortunate to meet one of the owners Brad they gave us so many freebies we had to call a taxi to return to our accomodation. This might have a little bearing on my bias towards their brew. The Lion Brewery consortium has now bought Stone & Wood. Also do yourself a favour and download the Hotel Gosford app there is a section called Pick a box and as I have done, you can win free drinks and majorly discounted ones all to enjoy when we watch the boys win away. There is an expiry on your winning coupons of a week. Bayview Hotel in Woy Woy has the same app and similar benefits GRSL and Sailing Club use to have it but not now. CCLC definitely do not have it, Zilch Cero Nought just like the support and encouragement they have for the Mariners. So am I going to see anyone join us after our encounter with the OldHovel Sopwith Camels the week after at Jordan's place? It would be fantastic to put faces to usernames.

Stone and Wood Pacific Ale is a solid drop. Quite a number of pubs on the Coast carry it as it is owned by a giant in Lion.

Each to their own but I would rather give my beer money to the independents and often drink Coopers in pubs that only carry the conglomerates.

JackMariner

If anybody is interested I spoke to Scott at Hotel Gosford yesterday and he informs he is very happy to screen our match against Newcackle and looks forward to meeting our supporters. So for those that are unable to travel to the match, there you go. Looks like with the weather predicted they won't have to close the roof over the large screen.

FFC Mariner

All mainstream pubs will poison people with that shit - hopefully they get have some decent beers too. Most places are trying to Bear in mind that a fair few of the bigger craft outlets are big brewer owned now so they stock those.

scottmac

Suspended
So surf clubs are like leagues clubs in QLD. If you moved, you wouldn't leave. It's like if the CCLC (maybe 1/4 of it) was built actually on Brisbane water but it wasn't a lake, it was at Avoca.

JackMariner

Went to gossie hotel for this one. Place looks smick as and probably too good for Gosford. Good selection of beers and the big screen is big. Staff were very accomodating and good dozen or so Mariners fans there. Will go again for sure
That's great, I am so pleased you enjoyed it. I was fortunate to watch a pretty damn good display against the OldHovel Sopwith Camels, so many Mariners supporters and so vocal, lost my voice, as I would say many others did. Our chants and applause were thunderous and the majority of the times when the opposition had the ball you could hear a pin drop from the over 6000 crowd. I have to admit though the last 20 minutes was quite concerning it was as if everybody decided to take the foot off the accelerator except Mark in goals who stood tall fending off a volley of shots then the boys put the foot back on the gas. . Two glaringly obvious views were that once again the A League provided an incompetent ref and our rivals a couple of pretty pathetic displays in trying to milk penalties. I swear his eyes must have been painted on! Really looking forward to next Saturday albeit I and a mate will be late due to booking 4pm seats for James Morrison concert, checking at the time to ensure no clash with Mariners games, which there wasn't, up until the A league put paid to that.

Last edited:

JackMariner

A fitting change of club badge after their encounter with our boys!

Attachments

• Wollongong_Cubs.jpg
    Wollongong_Cubs.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members