• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"I for one welcome our insect overlords" - The Politics Thread

FFC Mariner

Also, could Krudd make himself look more of a dick if he tried? Taking on Robin Williams? Good luck with that you f**king idiot.

Way to make yourself a laughing stock.

Love the cracks about the airline food and strip club.

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
On matters political, best April Fools joke by some distance from the Guardian in UK today

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/apr/01/labour-gordon-brown-hard-man

Labour's election strategy: bring on no-nonsense hard man Gordon Brown

Campaign posters focus on alpha male personality
Advisers consider tactic of staged confrontation

The spoof posters

Gordon-Brown-campaign-pos-003.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I could actually imagine him saying that though......  :eek:

kevrenor

midfielder said:
Rather than start a new thread maybe we could change this thread to a political debate ...

Just watched am interview with Steven Conroy on Fairfax press ... bloody interesting things he has to say about why the Australian government is putting on web filters... worth listening too..

There is a print story too but the streaming comes in on the top after a minute or so...

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/internets-not-special-says-communications-minister-20100401-rg7h.html?autostart=1

The man is frankly an imbecile, and he talks a load of tosh about internet selective censorship!

bjw

bjw
http://www.news.com.au/features/federal-election/labor-figures-plot-to-dump-kevin-rudd/story-e6frfllr-1225883383543

Rudd and Gillard and the whole party has been in talks for the last 3 hours.

scottmac

Suspended
zycie said:
http://www.news.com.au/features/federal-election/labor-figures-plot-to-dump-kevin-rudd/story-e6frfllr-1225883383543

Rudd and Gillard and the whole party has been in talks for the last 3 hours.

Will be an interesting night and day. Must be done tomorrow as parliment breaks for 8 weeks then.

Krudd holding press conference now

curious

Looks like I was very wrong. The ALP 'are' stupid enough to challenge a first term government leadership.
Ah well, no labor vote from for the first time in several decades.

dibo

Bunch of f**king morons. I'd vote for Gillard, all else being equal, but f**k this is stupid. The election is WEEKS away and it ain't a drover's dog job.

It's either genius or suicide, and I'm pretty sure it ain't genius.

midfielder

dibo said:
Bunch of f**king morons. I'd vote for Gillard, all else being equal, but f**k this is stupid. The election is WEEKS away and it ain't a drover's dog job.

It's either genius or suicide, and I'm pretty sure it ain't genius.

My reading of the tea leafs is the ALP number crunchers have said with Spud .. there is no chance ... with Julia we could win... and I think even so close its a gamble they had to take and I think they may pull it off as TA has lots of his past that has been lost because of the Spud issues...

curious

We now have out first female Prime Minister. Among the questions that now come to mind, seeing as she was backed by the right wing, and herself a lefty, what policies will now move further to the right and how far in that direction will they go? Dibo?

Already this morning there are predictions the refugee policy, for example, will more closely resemble that of a conservative government than that of labor past.

Also, after just dumping a robotic wimp as Prime minister, they have replaced him with another in Swan as deputy. The Labor party don't breed males with testicles any more?

dibo

Swan's not too bad, really. He's the guy who crafted the stimulus with Ken Henry, he's the guy who ran with the RSPT ball, I'm willing to bet he's the bloke who wanted to take more significant reforms from the Henry Review and was rebuffed.

Gillard's not a 'real' lefty - she's a 'fellow traveller by convenience'. But she's got to do the will of the Party just as Kevin did (and more pertinently, apparently failed to do). If the Party swings right on asylum seekers it will be because backbench MPs get weak kneed.

FFC Mariner

Well the worst PM since Whitlam has been consigned to the wastebin of history.

If her only chance is the fact that she isnt Krudd or Abbott, this country will lurch further towards a NSW style disaster when she sneaks over the line.

Taking a leaf out of the NSW playbook? Fools

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami