• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

International Football 'stuff': not worthy of a thread.

Big Al

I like it especially for those BS tackles where they don’t play the ball at all and just grab someone. Although i would just prefer them added to red cards

Rising Sun

Personally I don't like it, football is the number 1 game in the world for a reason so there shouldn't be any need to change the rules ?‍♂️
Changes to the back pass law, the not interfering with play component of the offside law, the red card for DOGSO and increase in the number of substitutes and substitutions are all good changes that have had a positive impact during my time watching the game.

A blue card to reduce cynical fouls and referee abuse could be a good thing but needs to be properly trialled and all the kinks worked out and also consideration for other options. E.g. cynical pulling back of a player, move the free kick 10, 20 or 30 metres closer to the goal (depending how far out the offense was) so the attacking team still gets the attacking opportunity they were denied

Ironbark

There have been several times, and one I can't remember a few games back, when I thought a sin bin would be the perfect balance.

As usual my only concern is that the refs (VAR mainly) will get it all wrong and infuriate more than anything else

Stuartmcateer

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
a blue card and five in the slot for yelling at /crowding a ref and carrying on like f**king drongos , will be bonz ....question is will they do it

Hello Sailor

Will the blue card apply to players and managers on the bench too? How can a bench player be excluded any more for ten minutes? Can it be used for players or staff abusing or mobbing the officials as they leave at the end of the game [unless it carries over to the next game and they sit out the first ten minutes]? The alternative is to resort to the existing cards in play.

Hello Sailor

Well, I got half way thru the clip. Lots of step overs not resulting in goals so the comparison with Pele and Messi is a bit much. Maybe the headline should have been Whatever happened to Americas Theo Harris.

On a serious note its a tragic end to a career that showed promise, and a lesson in signing young players to major European clubs only to be loaned out. I wonder how things would have turned out if his agent had listened to his U20's coach.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

a blue card and five in the slot for yelling at /crowding a ref and carrying on like f**king drongos , will be bonz ....question is will they do it
From what I've head, sinbins seem to help at grassroots for dissent...

But at the top level especially, the problem isn't the LOTG. It's that the LOTG are ignored. Players mob the ref and carry on because referees condone it. There's absolutley no expectation of being held accountable - and cards for dissent and abuse are so extremely rare that it doesn't discourage this behaviour.

Refs are discouraged from applying the LOTG which is why the professional game is such a shitshow. Why would they apply the LOTG here? Part of the "reason" seems to be because apparently they don't want refs to be impacting the game more than necessary. The fans don't want to see drawcard players suspended for getting 2 yellows for something like dissent, so the LOTG are applied. So why would refs start applying the laws when they have more impact?

Start supporting the refs to do their job rather than changing the LOTG. IFAB have really lost their way in their LOTG changes in the last few years, thich is just one of several examples.

Yeah you just know that our referees will find a way to make this yet another area for controversy…… :rolleyes:
The controversy will be selective application of the law. No different to what we already see for similiar cards, especially where they apply to managers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami