• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Introduce yourself

Insertnamehere

Hi All,
Alex from Brisbane. Moved from the coast in 07 after living in Norah most of my yrs. Joined as I needed a forum to express my gross disappointment in the club since GA having deleted all forms of social media yrs ago but can't keep bombarding the uneducated fair weather supporters that my roar friends are.

JoyfulPenguin

Hi All,
Alex from Brisbane. Moved from the coast in 07 after living in Norah most of my yrs. Joined as I needed a forum to express my gross disappointment in the club since GA having deleted all forms of social media yrs ago but can't keep bombarding the uneducated fair weather supporters that my roar friends are.
Welcome mate! I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Rowdy

A.A.A Meeting
.... (Aldi Alcoholic's Anonymous)

Chairperson:
"Do we have any new members who'd like to introduce themselves to the rest of the group ?

Offsider:
"Hi everyone,
my name is Offsider
..... & I think... well actually .... I know ... that I am an Aldi Alcoholic."

The Group: "Welcome Offsider"

Josho Howe

Josh Howe, 23, Green Point resident for most of my life.

Football fan since l could walk. Come from an RL family so league is my 2nd sport.

Attended some early Mariners games but wasn't a member until around 2010 and been in bay 16 since 2012.

Knew this forum existed for a while but only recently gotten fully into it.

Offsider

A.A.A Meeting
.... (Aldi Alcoholic's Anonymous)

Chairperson:
"Do we have any new members who'd like to introduce themselves to the rest of the group ?

Offsider:

"Hi everyone,
my name is Offsider
..... & I think... well actually .... I know ... that I am an Aldi Alcoholic."

The Group: "Welcome Offsider"

I would have thought after all the rubbish I have posted that I would be more respected than to be called an alcoholic ............ even an aldi alcoholic. Would you believe I only buy the aldi casks so I can use the wine bladder inside to kick around with my unicorn ???:angel:

Wombat

I would have thought after all the rubbish I have posted that I would be more respected than to be called an alcoholic ............ even an aldi alcoholic. Would you believe I only buy the aldi casks so I can use the wine bladder inside to kick around with my unicorn ???:angel:

Any truth in the rumour that Aldi Gosford just closed because ....

1. You shifted to Aldi Wyoming and crucified their Alcohol sales.
2. The staff refused to listen to your demands for better Unicorn parking.
3. Refused to feed your Unicorn ( pushbike) golden Sultanas.

scottmac

Suspended
Josh Howe, 23, Green Point resident for most of my life.

Football fan since l could walk. Come from an RL family so league is my 2nd sport.

Attended some early Mariners games but wasn't a member until around 2010 and been in bay 16 since 2012.

Knew this forum existed for a while but only recently gotten fully into it.
Green Point! That's where I grew up too although looked much much different to the green point you know. There were paddocks dirt roads and windmills when I grew up there.

Wombat

I just reread this thread and it includes some legendary posters who now rarely post.

Kevrenor/Atomic/Kareem/Radar/Serious14 and even Dibo. So its a walk down memory lane.
Let me start the current posters off. Please follow my lead and tell us about yourself.

Wombat. 50yo (hurts to type)
Been in Australia 31years.
Married with 3 kids.
Played for North Sydney, Hornsby RSL, Mt Colah and Kariong United.
Like boxing and Muay Thai.
Support Leeds Utd.
Live Lisarow.

true believer

Ok tb
57 f'k sob
Born liverpool hospital nsw
Married with one silver back
Played R/league for granville and sydney markets
Supports the super hoops , QPR
Loves NFL the packers

Interests ancient history , physics and politics

Offsider

I thought “ offsider “ was appropriate for me ........... some people say I am condescending .......... that means I talk down to people, but really I am at an age where I just say anything and see what happens.
Well ???? ........... this will not do my reputation any good.
Grew up in npl wolves country .......... been on the coast sixteen years ............... closest aldi is bluehaven. Sorry about your theory wombat.
When u12 we were playing in a grand final when news of busby’s plane crash came through. We were changed to wear black socks and I have since followed man U all my life. That makes me about 71ish I think, don’t really care.
My family is Leroy and Jabba .......... two rescue great danes.
My interests are people watching, fishing, dabble in wood turning and whittling, the a-league in general since it’s inception and tipping contests.
Have read all patrick o’briens novels twice and arthur conan doyle’s works.............. hence the interest in people watching and body language.

Football wise ........ I make a player list of all the teams squads, I rate the players, I rate the teams allowing for visa and marquee status, I rate the coaches and performance against each other and try and come up with a formula to pick a winner from each game. It passes the time and gives me an excuse to visit aldi.
I enjoy all the a-league teams ................ interested in their season developement and preparation, interested in the coaching philosophies.

Insertnamehere

Brisbane based.
Belmont born. Norah Head grown. Has-been surfer.
Played some all ages football for Berkeley Vale.
Mad but recently retired cricketer, played a few years at toukley.
Have a team in almost every sport. Eg Tottenham, Canterbury/Bankstown, Essendon, Brumbies, Dallas Cowboys, Cleveland Indians, Seattle Supersonics (I'm clinging on tight).
Would like to see HAL modelled more on MLS than eurocentric.

MagpieMariner

I'll have a go:
MagpieMariner -- why this nick will become obvious;
Native-born Aussie (69 yo) with an Aussie mum & a Canadian father (both now deceased);
Married with 3 kids (2 still living) & 3 grandsons;
Never played football, played junior Aussie Rules until I had to wear specs, then played grade hockey for best part of 15 years, was into track & field when younger -- couldn't match Bolt though :D;
Very much into ten-pin bowling although not playing any more due to bad knees -- high game 299, represented NSW in the East Coast Challenge Cup twice as a senior;
Only interested in A-League, but I read the results for WBA, Birmingham City & Newcastle (the Geordies, not the Scum) -- ancestors were Brummies, Newcastle wear Collingwood colours. Passionate follower of the mighty Collingwood the past nearly 60 years. Hence the first part of the nick.
Lived in Sydney (born Royal North Shore), Hobart (for the Tassie Mariners, the little village of Snug, 20 miles south), Brisbane, Sydney and Woy Woy the past 13 years.
Introduced to the Mariners in season 3 by my son-in-law Michael Charlesworth! No, not that MC, another one. :D

Wombat

I'll have a go:
MagpieMariner -- why this nick will become obvious;
Native-born Aussie (69 yo) with an Aussie mum & a Canadian father (both now deceased);
Married with 3 kids (2 still living) & 3 grandsons;
Never played football, played junior Aussie Rules until I had to wear specs, then played grade hockey for best part of 15 years, was into track & field when younger -- couldn't match Bolt though :D;
Very much into ten-pin bowling although not playing any more due to bad knees -- high game 299, represented NSW in the East Coast Challenge Cup twice as a senior;
Only interested in A-League, but I read the results for WBA, Birmingham City & Newcastle (the Geordies, not the Scum) -- ancestors were Brummies, Newcastle wear Collingwood colours. Passionate follower of the mighty Collingwood the past nearly 60 years. Hence the first part of the nick.
Lived in Sydney (born Royal North Shore), Hobart (for the Tassie Mariners, the little village of Snug, 20 miles south), Brisbane, Sydney and Woy Woy the past 13 years.
Introduced to the Mariners in season 3 by my son-in-law Michael Charlesworth! No, not that MC, another one. :D

299 is an incredible high score!!
No wonder you represented NSW.

MagpieMariner

299 is an incredible high score!!
No wonder you represented NSW.
Just one short of the max. Couldn't do it again though, or go one better. Couldn't do it for NSW either. Wasn't the best bowler in the team, but I managed to pull a big 240+ out of my bum to give the team the trophy the first year. A real privilege to be there. I really miss bowling, loved it.

Josho Howe

Green Point! That's where I grew up too although looked much much different to the green point you know. There were paddocks dirt roads and windmills when I grew up there.

Yeah there's two sides to Green Point now. The side where l live which is just down from the shopping centre and the houso side behind the shopping centre

MagpieMariner

How’s the arthritis in your shoulder ........... mine kills me and my best was only 225 :(
Fortunately I don't have any problems with my shoulder, it was my knees did me in, from my hockey days. Nothing wrong with a 225, I'd take that any day. My average peaked at 185, anything over 200 was something to crow about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami