• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

$ity Heart vs CCM.

LFCMariners

They wanted, sfc vs adelaide, in the inaugural, the mariners said f**k em.
They wanted wanderers to win the double in their inaugural, the Mariners said f**k em.
We'll say f**k em now, Siege mentality.
Yeah hopefully I am being incorrectly cynical here-

I was convinced we'd get screwed over in the 2013 GF against WSW and yet somehow one of the two winning goals scored to the good came off a penalty.

Huddo

Paine, like Buhagiar, I felt were massively overrated, incredible speed, very little foresight. I always hoped they'd improve on the assists, I think that's why I like bouman he shows the though but they need speed out of the midfield to let him loose, he also has to get his shooting boots on sometimes..

turbo

Paine, like Buhagiar, I felt were massively overrated, incredible speed, very little foresight. I always hoped they'd improve on the assists, I think that's why I like bouman he shows the though but they need speed out of the midfield to let him loose, he also has to get his shooting boots on sometimes..
Paine’s best attribute was giving 100% and bleeding yellow and blue week in week out no matter how crap we were. Would have been great if we could keep him. Bouman hasn’t done enough to be held in the same regard.

Forum Phoenix

Paine’s best attribute was giving 100% and bleeding yellow and blue week in week out no matter how crap we were. Would have been great if we could keep him. Bouman hasn’t done enough to be held in the same regard.
Agree, Pain, (don't think he has an e) showed immense character and dug in when most other didn't and made plenty of quality runs for us, with typically no one to hit.

JoyfulPenguin

Agree, Pain, (don't think he has an e) showed immense character and dug in when most other didn't and made plenty of quality runs for us, with typically no one to hit.
Connor always worked extremely hard and full credit to him he deserves the career he has now, but I don't think any other club would have stuck with him for as long as we did. He had some pretty disastrous performances during his time here. He significantly improved in his last 1 and a half seasons with us and finally added somewhat of an end product to his game. Always frustrated me that he seemed to aim to win a corner from the opposition fullback rather than properly take him on.

Big Al

Pain tried very hard but was not productive.

poor on assists and two wonder goals a season and nothing has changed at WU.

Not good enough. Very similar to Elvis at MV. Looks like they are in the game and doing stuff but the results are poor

marinermick

Players like Pain are the type of players we need in a resource poor club. They will run through brick walls to play week in week out.

I agree with the comments about his contribution during the shit years. They were above and beyond than was the norm at the time.

The years here hurt him mentally as he put everything into games.

I remember his final year at our club and after another pissweak display, this time away to Victory. He said to me when he came over to away supporters “Mick, I just can’t do this anymore. I am giving everything I can but it is so hard mentally every week”. I knew he wouldn’t be back the next season.

That’s the type of bloke he was, gave everything he could and definitely one of our best during those years.

booney

Players like Pain are the type of players we need in a resource poor club. They will run through brick walls to play week in week out.

I agree with the comments about his contribution during the shit years. They were above and beyond than was the norm at the time.

I remember his final year at our club and after another pissweak display, this time away to Victory. He said to me when he came over to away supporters “Mick, I just can’t do this anymore. I am giving everything I can but it is so hard mentally every week”. I knew he wouldn’t be back the next season.

That’s the type of bloke he was, gave everything he could and definitely one of our best during those years.
Totally agree -he never gave up even when we were getting dusted.After that shitshow against the Jets he was probably the only Mariners player who looked upset.

style_cafe

Gestede came through and held Rowles down to support himself, Miller didn’t make an effort to play the ball. Can’t hold someone down if they’re already bent over.

Yeah hopefully I am being incorrectly cynical here-

I was convinced we'd get screwed over in the 2013 GF against WSW and yet somehow one of the two winning goals scored to the good came off a penalty.
They were probably sick of us being up there and losing so a deal was done.
We were allowed to win but had to be shit for 7 years...:tinfoilhat:

FFC Mariner

Professionals with a good attitude struggled with how amateur our football department used to be.
We have no more money now but we have serious people in the coaching set up.
Players like Paine and Galloway would have thrived here now.
I note that unprofessional players couldn't hack it (looking at you Ziggy ya f**king dog)

Forum Phoenix

Nice story. What a shame. take him back in a heartbeat.

Huddo

I'm yet to read one article that questions the legitamacy of the officiating for this game. All the media is (rightfully) praising MC for cementing an excellent season, but not one has pointed out the dubious nature of Shaun Evans officiating during the game, honestly most of em must have just read the My Football articles.
I don't want the game replayed, or even officials dropped, but I would like to see questionable officiating to be recognised in the media.

Corsair

Idiot. He is clearly the most technical player in the squad. Only Olli comes close. But his work rate doesn't fit what we are trying to do....and we are probably trying to sharft him like with did with Tommy H to ensure he doesn't get an extension.
Lol. Shit was probably a bit extreme and showed my frustration that we wasted a visa spot on someone that hardly ever gets picked.

Work rate doesn't fit... polite way of reinforcing what everyone has said ad nauseum...comes over as lazy.

He'll probably come on in the Grand Final and score the winner now...

pjennings

Lol. Shit was probably a bit extreme and showed my frustration that we wasted a visa spot on someone that hardly ever gets picked.

Work rate doesn't fit... polite way of reinforcing what everyone has said ad nauseum...comes over as lazy.

He'll probably come on in the Grand Final and score the winner now...
Staj often talks of Ninkovic's poor season in his first year here. Let's hope that if we keep him he turns out like that. If we don't keep him and he stays in the A- League let's hope for a similar year.

Pirate Pete

Staj often talks of Ninkovic's poor season in his first year here. Let's hope that if we keep him he turns out like that. If we don't keep him and he stays in the A- League let's hope for a similar year.
But then again Ninkovic was probably getting more than a few minutes off the bench in his first season.

Allreet?

I'm yet to read one article that questions the legitamacy of the officiating for this game. All the media is (rightfully) praising MC for cementing an excellent season, but not one has pointed out the dubious nature of Shaun Evans officiating during the game, honestly most of em must have just read the My Football articles.
I don't want the game replayed, or even officials dropped, but I would like to see questionable officiating to be recognised in the media.
I wrote one (in a great fury) but it hasn't been published. Probably too late now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred