• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Lawrie 'A Target For Asia'

Omni

Interesting comment in there though about being involved in the National Team Set Up, he'd definitely do a better job than Arnie, and I'm not too confident in Verbeek (his record with Korea wasn't too impressive)

Andy

He's not the only one. I read that John Kosmina has been offered a coaching job in ietnam. It may even be the national team job. As the league grows, I would expect a lot more coaches getting offers from Asian clubs.

Omni

I read that too, it's the National Team, although Vietnam only have the regional tournament to look forward to it could be a start for Kossie, I doubt he'll take it though. Apparently the asked Arnie but he wanted to stay with the Olyroos, damn.

Deej

marinermick said:
lawrie still has four years on his contract with us

Yeah I can't see him going anywhere, he's settled on the Coast and is a loyal person - I thought it was 3 years he had left?

S

striker

he ain't going anywhere.... no one will understand him when he talks.

fish

I think the only time he will contemplate taking another post is if it is a national team role and that would be in this country not Asia

skilbeck

i dont believe he will go anywhere unless he got a good offer from Rangers. if that happened it would be double snappage for me

P

Pete

I'd like to think that the club will look after Lawrie long enough for him to stay with the club til he feels he's achieved all he wants to do at the managing level, and then move into a board technical director role for the Mariners. By then he'd also have plenty of time to mentor one or two from within to take over.

He's in a unique position where he was involved in the inital recruitment, and has been involved in who comes into the squad and who leaves, since the start. The squad that plays for the Mariners is what Lawrie can get - budgets, salary caps and the odd player knock back nothwithstanding (hello, young James - c**t  :fireup:).

With that sort of impact on the style and personality of the squad makeup, where else could he go that would have such a stamp of his own view of football on a club? So, personally, this gig he has must be very statisfying, given the overall success he's had in 3 seasons, and the off field growth in football awareness in the region -  and Lawrie is an integral part in all that.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
hmmmmm....methinks the guv will do a Sir Alex and stay put for a long long time

CCM-JAM80

Whilst this is alarming news for us, it is also acknowledgment that the A-League is going to continue grow and be a league that players/coaches can come to knowing they aren't being pensioned off.

The A-League will continue to improve, continue to grow and in turn be an attractive league for all involved in our great game.

This is positive news as funny as that sounds from where I sit.

If Lawrie did want to move on to greener pastures despite having some years on his contract, I think we as a club owe it to him to allow him to move on with our best wishes knowing he has a home on the Central Coast if so chooses to return.

The efforts of McKinna will be forever remembered, long after you and I are gone. He is a Central Coast Mariner legend and we owe him a hellova' lot.

adz

Staff member
RECKY said:
hmmmmm....methinks the guv will do a Sir Alex and stay put for a long long time

I was thinking the same thing mate... Sir Alex but without the shoe throwing.

promdi442

MAYBE BAY 16 SHOULD BE RE-NAMED THE LAWRIE McKINNA STAND AS A WAY OF OUR THANKS FOR HIS EFFORTS NOW AND IN THE FUTURE

S

striker

Atomic said:
striker #9 said:
he ain't going anywhere.... no one will understand him when he talks.
Hasn't stopped him from being successful here  ;D

without any doubt!  but, at times I am f**ked to understand what he's saying!

Youssef

I pray every night that something happens to make McKinna quit or be sacked. I hope farkin bayern munich or real madrid offer him a job so he f**ks off. Long ball is for Scottish football, not for us!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred