• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

LIFE IN SPORT PODCAST THREAD

Big Al

Wasn’t the dumb idea for the friendly to be the Friday night and women’s friendly against Barcelona game on the Sunday so everything was on the one weekend anyway.

So the GF would have had distractions as well

So no excuses for the week gap

priorpeter

I mean who would’ve expected the APL to take $15m from destination NSW and promise to deliver a festival of football, only to spunk the money elsewhere, and then go back and ask DNSW for another $8m to get Bayern over here for an all stars game (and have that request rejected)? I mean, who could have seen that coming?!

turbo

Wasn’t the dumb idea for the friendly to be the Friday night and women’s friendly against Barcelona game on the Sunday so everything was on the one weekend anyway.

So the GF would have had distractions as well

So no excuses for the week gap
It seems like the APL execs genuinely believed people have the money and time to spend 9-10 days in Sydney going to various events. Out of touch? Delusional? Who knows.

I mean who would’ve expected the APL to take $15m from destination NSW and promise to deliver a festival of football, only to spunk the money elsewhere, and then go back and ask DNSW for another $8m to get Bayern over here for an all stars game (and have that request rejected)? I mean, who could have seen that coming?!
I see that as an administrative failing. If the 15m was meant to cover the all stars team coming over it’d barely break even over 3 years, no point doing it. So the issue becomes not locking in that funding along with the gf funding. Given it was an election year that’s a huge planning failure and at least this years funds should have been committed.
DT recently said they had a fall back plan but we’re hearing crickets.

priorpeter

It seems like the APL execs genuinely believed people have the money and time to spend 9-10 days in Sydney going to various events. Out of touch? Delusional? Who knows.

I see that as an administrative failing. If the 15m was meant to cover the all stars team coming over it’d barely break even over 3 years, no point doing it. So the issue becomes not locking in that funding along with the gf funding. Given it was an election year that’s a huge planning failure and at least this years funds should have been committed.
DT recently said they had a fall back plan but we’re hearing crickets.
The APL is the absolute definition of administrative failing.

turbo

The APL is the absolute definition of administrative failing.
Unfortunately so. People wanted DT out for the gf decision. While hating and opposing the decision I can still see a rationale for it. What I can’t accept and why I think he should get the boot is how they’ve absolutely bottled it:
  • dropping the news at the worst time and killing the post World Cup high
  • Completely stuffing up the messaging around the deal. Last I heard he had even started walking back the financial decision part.
  • Not locking in funding for the festival events which makes them look incompetent
There’s plenty more but the general gist is not just ideas but the execution has been woeful.

Wombat

Unfortunately so. People wanted DT out for the gf decision. While hating and opposing the decision I can still see a rationale for it. What I can’t accept and why I think he should get the boot is how they’ve absolutely bottled it:
  • dropping the news at the worst time and killing the post World Cup high
  • Completely stuffing up the messaging around the deal. Last I heard he had even started walking back the financial decision part.
  • Not locking in funding for the festival events which makes them look incompetent
There’s plenty more but the general gist is not just ideas but the execution has been woeful.
Also that he is closer to a deceitful cnut than a good bloke. He is worse that that RL twat. That Union bloke in the early days was the absolute bollocks compared to these clowns.
Middy always bangs on about how well the MLS is run and he is right they are light years ahead of us in marketing and strategy.

Ozhammer

We spoke to former Aleague Grand Final Winner, Daniel Georgievski about his thoughts on the upcoming Mariners vs Melb City Grand Final, and he said “I’m still trying to find out why there is a week break before the game?, Absolutely Gobsmacked.”

When we gave him our thoughts as to why it may be due to the APL/A League following the same style as the AFL, NRL, NFL with a week off before grand final week, he wasn’t too pleased and had this to say “Fkn bananas, they should Copy their infrastructure of how to run a successful league, not copy these stupid things”

Do you agree with Daniel and what he has to say on the matter?

Let us know in the comment section. View attachment 2668
It sure is a crazy world when Georgievski starts making sense eh? :headbounce:

Rising Sun

Also that he is closer to a deceitful cnut than a good bloke. He is worse that that RL twat. That Union bloke in the early days was the absolute bollocks compared to these clowns.
Middy always bangs on about how well the MLS is run and he is right they are light years ahead of us in marketing and strategy.
The MLS at least have a strategy. The APL was set up solely to ensure club owners got a bigger share of the revenue pie and old matey got the CEO job solely because he was one of their own and wouldn't rock the boat.

Unfortunately he has now been promoted way beyond his competence levels; he doesn't have the vision to set out a coherent strategy or the ability to execute one.

Probably better that he isn't a good bloke tbh. The most effective sporting administrators seem to be ruthless b**ards like V'Landys, McLochlan and Demetriou

turbo

The APL was set up solely to ensure club owners got a bigger share of the revenue pie
Think it’s a lot more to do with control. Money is important for sure but the big issue seemed to be they were fronting all the losses while the FFA had ownership of the IP, control of promotion and business decisions and ultimately the fate of the league. Under FFA rule there was limited upside to bleeding cash, rightly or wrongly they make their own destiny now.

Rising Sun

Everyone of course. But my point was why even throw that out there if you’re not going to do something?
Well that's his entire MO - spin and deflect to take the heat off whatever he is taking flack off at the time, and at times to deliberately mislead (e.g. feigned support for domestic transfer fees when the APL never had any intention of implementing)

Spacks

What exactly is it about Monty and Sergio that brings the best out of you and the rest of the playing team?

Does it help having club legends like Matt 'The Wizard of Woy Woy' Simon stay with the club after retiring and what does he bring to the club as a member of the backroom staff?

JoyfulPenguin

When the Mariners first contacted you, were you surprised to get an offer from Australia?

What made you decide to sign for the Mariners originally?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred