• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

JoyfulPenguin

Does that matter. It is the commitment from the favourite party for the next election to putting $3.7million into our region - specifically football in our region.

A player or coaching announcement would have been unsettling (bringing in an available major player - given no major Australian player is available) and would have been both disappointing and underwhelming. What sort of announcement were you expecting that you would think was not pretty underwhelming?
Definitely a positive considering the Grand Final was sold for not that much more. Not many A-League clubs get any sort of Public Sector support. If it goes well it's also a great foundation for an ongoing relationship.

Tevor

Definitely a positive considering the Grand Final was sold for not that much more. Not many A-League clubs get any sort of Public Sector support. If it goes well it's also a great foundation for an ongoing relationship.
Correct me if I’m wrong however the club itself will only really benefit from funding for the Women’s A League. This funding should be a given from the government in my opinion.

One synthetic pitch will not benefit the club that much. After the other two I doubt there is much left for the community clubs.

Tuggerah area must be influential if they get the pitch. Relationship, this is vote buying only.

Big Al

Problem with “big” announcement or “major” is fan’s always start thinking of things way beyond what realistically happens. No ones fault just reality.

Also harper saying it was like i have a secret and it just makes you think it’s big because he gave no more info.

With all the complaints during the world cup about money to football we have now seen the GF money and potentially this. So the politicians are/ were listening to those gaps.

Pretty good announcement for the club and community but as mentioned by mick who actually gets to use it vs who is claimed able to use it in the announcement are different.

pjennings

Correct me if I’m wrong however the club itself will only really benefit from funding for the Women’s A League. This funding should be a given from the government in my opinion.

One synthetic pitch will not benefit the club that much. After the other two I doubt there is much left for the community clubs.

Tuggerah area must be influential if they get the pitch. Relationship, this is vote buying only.

Well the last time Gillard promised $10m from a regional grant it ended up being swiped by Tony Abbot for Brookvale Oval. Let the LNP make the same promise. If high-profile, pretend independent, now Liberal, candidate Nathan Bracken was not standing against David Mehan we may not be seeing it. This is a good reason for the LNP to match the funding promise.

While the construction of the synthetic playing field in Tuggerah is touted as a community asset, Mick may be right in that it will come with large fees so will probably advantage the club more than the community.

Contributions to the Central Coast Mariners’ community support programs for at risk youth and disadvantaged adults. This will mean either CCMFC can expand these programs or the club is being subsidised for their current work

marinermick

Pretty good announcement for the club and community but as mentioned by mick who actually gets to use it vs who is claimed able to use it in the announcement are different.

Talk to the now defunct Tuggerah Football Club on how a similar announcement and delivery panned out for them. Promised a home at the CoE that was quickly retracted when the facilities were built.

scottmac

Suspended
Just heard on the big bash that Mark Waugh's football team (in Aus) is the Mariners! Needs a reach out I think...... unless it's already been done? Both Steve and Mark were good footballers before choosing cricket and could have made a career of it. Steve more than Mark I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami