• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Wombat

Yesterday afternoon I was able to take dad to the Mariner`s training grounds as he personally wanted to thank the players,staff and management for the support they have given him.
When we arrived we were immediately greeted by Brian Kaltek who gave dad a huge hug.
Fairdinkum his arms went around dad 3 times he is so big.
Then Nectar Triantis came out with the same reaction, followed by Maxi. All called dad by name and by then the tears were flowing. Nectar went and got Monty who was quickly followed out of the change rooms by Matty and Shaun who also couldn`t resist giving dad a huge hug.
The next one out was the Cumdingo resplendent in only his jocks and Nizzy who just managed to grab a towel who also got in on the act.
Dad was overjoyed & I was a teared up mess. The outpouring of love for dad was incredible.

And then came another golden moment when dad asked the Cumdingo face to face if he was leaving?
The answer was "he hopes to be here but if he`s not he wants to make the club a few million dollars.
When dad pressed him further his answer was "My heart is here,I love this club and I hope i`m here next year".
As we were leaving Shaun rang Dan the Man who was up in the office and within minutes he was down hugging dad with tears streaming down his face. I sincerely hope that when the Mariner`s legend board goes up Dan the Man is close to the top.His support and genuine love of the Mariner`s fans is beyond belief.

This club is such an amazing organisation, with such incredible people I cannot put into words the feelings and love dad and myself have for them.
For both of us ,with hands on heart , it will always be MARINER`S `TIL I DIE
f**king Onions.

Archie

Let's not forget that our average crowd dropped dramatically due to a game being played in Mudgee and many home games being played at rubbish kickoff times. Our crowd average for games at Gosford was 7082 which is the highest it has been since 2017/18.

Tevor

That won't be a problem as long as we retain the entire squad and the coaches!!
Totally agree, it’s a problem for our club. Takes a lot of effort and time to build up momentum and unfortunately it can turn south very quickly. Monty brings a lot of stability, if he goes who replaces that stability. This season has proven we are bigger than a few players so it’s the Gaffer that really matters. And Rich’s money.

marinermick

I’d actually love to see a breakdown of that - I know a heap of families up on the north end of the coast that don’t do the later games as you won’t be home until 10. As the ‘family club’ - having games at family friendly times will most likely increase crowd sizes?

I thought about this too and wondering whether 5pm is that bad a time. As you stated much more family friendly.

Ancient Mariner

That won't be a problem as long as we retain the entire squad and the coaches!!
This will be the key, especially the coaches. I fear if we lose them we will lose a lot of ability in identifying talent to buy. I think (desperately hope) we will be safe there of another year or two.
The Club will sell any player who can find a good paying contract overseas, that is a given. It will come down to offers and how keen the player is to move.
The players I see at risk in the off season are:

Cummings, already rumoured to be going.
Silvera, he will be keen to move upward and has shown the ability to improve in his massive lift in form this year.
Beni, was rumoured to be going last year or last Jan.
Nis, for our sake he is continued to be overlooked. Many commentators are now starting to notice him.
Triantis, only a matter of time.
Tulio, ?????????????????

If we only lose Cummings, although he will be a massive loss, we should be ok. If we lose a swag of players we are going to have to rely on clever recruitment to go close to covering our losses.
Theo (with progress) and Moresche are the only 2 replacements that I see at this stage as being possible starters.

The irony of our situation is that the further we go in the finals the more our players increase in value, and the more chance we have of losing them.

Hopefully we win the toilet seat. Our top players progress to bigger clubs and build their careers and bank balances, and develop enough to become regular internationals for Australia. At the same time hopefully we make enough money from these movements for the Club to maintain positive momentum and progress on its path to viability and long term success.

Just hanging on by the fingertips will not be enough in this uneven playing field of a mismanaged excuse for a football league.

Corsair

You left out our Coaches Player of the year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see our backup keeper go either.

At the start of the season everyone was saying how poor Beni was and he should have been sold last season, now we're worried he might be sold!

Much as I would like to keep everyone you have to be realistic, players do come and go and selling players we've developed is part of our financial strategy.

However, losing the best coaches we've had for years would be a big blow. Monty seems focused on winning a trophy while he's here and having the Asian Cup on his resume at the end of next season, with the chance to coach a team through Asia and be seen by other Asian teams, presents a big opportunity for his career.

Corsair

I the coaches have seen no list of our awards.
Who was the coaches player of the year?
Fan’s Player of the Year, Damien Brown Medal, OSC Player of the Year & Mariners Medal: Josh Nisbet

Noel Spencer Goal of the Year: Marco Tulio vs Newcastle Jets

Golden Boot winner: Jason Cummings

Player’s Player of the Year: Marco Tulio

Coach’s Player of the Year: Brian Kaltak

Newcomer of the Year: Nectar Triantis

Chairman’s Award: Matt Simon

JoyfulPenguin

This will be the key, especially the coaches. I fear if we lose them we will lose a lot of ability in identifying talent to buy. I think (desperately hope) we will be safe there of another year or two.
The Club will sell any player who can find a good paying contract overseas, that is a given. It will come down to offers and how keen the player is to move.
The players I see at risk in the off season are:

Cummings, already rumoured to be going.
Silvera, he will be keen to move upward and has shown the ability to improve in his massive lift in form this year.
Beni, was rumoured to be going last year or last Jan.
Nis, for our sake he is continued to be overlooked. Many commentators are now starting to notice him.
Triantis, only a matter of time.
Tulio, ?????????????????

If we only lose Cummings, although he will be a massive loss, we should be ok. If we lose a swag of players we are going to have to rely on clever recruitment to go close to covering our losses.
Theo (with progress) and Moresche are the only 2 replacements that I see at this stage as being possible starters.

The irony of our situation is that the further we go in the finals the more our players increase in value, and the more chance we have of losing them.

Hopefully we win the toilet seat. Our top players progress to bigger clubs and build their careers and bank balances, and develop enough to become regular internationals for Australia. At the same time hopefully we make enough money from these movements for the Club to maintain positive momentum and progress on its path to viability and long term success.

Just hanging on by the fingertips will not be enough in this uneven playing field of a mismanaged excuse for a football league.
I don't have a problem with players leaving, sadly that's our lot as a club without significant financial resources.

Monty and Sergio are clearly planning ahead, we have players on long term deals for the first time in a long time. Farrell, Steele, Kaltak, Silvera, McGarry, DWH will all either form the core of our squad for the next two seasons or secure us handsome transfer fees.

We have secured replacements for players far earlier than we normally do. Aquilina was quickly replaced with McGarry who will now be here longer term. We swapped a player capable of minimal bench impact, in Ruhs, for two players who have already done more and arguably have far more potential. While there are mixed opinions on DWH, Monty has clearly rated him for a long time and sees longer term potential.

Harry Steele, Cameron Windust, James Bayliss, Sasha Kuzevski, Nick Duarte, Maksim Kasalovic, Olyainka Sunmola, Miguel Di Pizio, Zach Zoricich, Dean Larson, Anthony Pavlesic. All these players have either seen gametime this season or been in matchday squads. All will be better for it and the next wave of Academy kids are getting a far easier and better transition into the first team then those in years past.

We have enough cover even if we lose all the players you mentioned Ancient, it would also free up a significant amount of money to invest in the playing squad.

I agree that the biggest concern would be losing Monty and Sergio. The Wilkshire debacle seems to have severely damaged our organisational memory further down the football operations food chain. Losing Ken Schembri as a result was severely disappointing.

Hopefully Matt Simon's new role as Sporting Director will play a part in preserving this expertise and experience gained from Monty, Staj and forged in the crucible of the dark years. Hopefully Richard Peil has grasped that there are more important qualifications for our coaches than simply being apart of the golden generation.

In saying that, it was a good idea to train a long term successor to Monty. But sadly Wilkshire was the completely wrong candidate. The whole process was incredibly disrespectful to Andrew Christiansen and a significant number of Academy staff. Who created the most successful Academy in Asia despite some of the most adverse conditions avaliable.

If we preserve the knowledge gained, chose and train the right people we are more than capable of creating a truly sustainable club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred