• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Hello Sailor

Doing uber tonight on the goldie, pick up an old bloke with a thiccccc Scottish accent from the train station. Turns out he's a big time hibs supporter. Reckoned he was with Monty last week and that Nizzy and Faz are off to Scotland in the Summer (our winter) transfer window.
I dont think that the SPL [if you remove the $ distortion of the two ugly sisters] is much different from the A League [if you remove the $ distortion of MCY]. They deserve to make it big overseas but they deserve better than the SPL. I'm a Monty fan, he is under a lot of pressure atm, but I hope any move for these boys is to progress their careers not just to release some pressure on an embattled coach. Monty knows what these guys can do but I am surprised at the timing [why not call on them earlier?], and the focus on our small club for poaching especially with Sergio's network.
I hope that they [and Kaltak] get longer contracts signed with us with sell on clauses if they are on the radar.

Big Al

I dont think that the SPL [if you remove the $ distortion of the two ugly sisters] is much different from the A League [if you remove the $ distortion of MCY]. They deserve to make it big overseas but they deserve better than the SPL. I'm a Monty fan, he is under a lot of pressure atm, but I hope any move for these boys is to progress their careers not just to release some pressure on an embattled coach. Monty knows what these guys can do but I am surprised at the timing [why not call on them earlier?], and the focus on our small club for poaching especially with Sergio's network.
I hope that they [and Kaltak] get longer contracts signed with us with sell on clauses if they are on the radar.
I have wondered of his release was a handshake not to come for the players for say 12 months.
Either that or all the ones he wanted have already moved on but Brian is one he seemed to admire alot and would be a good buy.

Faz lost his spot (had health issues) and was being talked as a potential left CB. Not sure if Monty would be his first destination but they have worked together for a while.

Took Monty a while to trust Niz but when he did he was awesome but he has also improved under Jackson which didn’t seem possible.

Michael

Niz openly said he’ll only go overseas if it’s a very good opportunity. Ie; regular starter. As he doesn’t want to be returning to the aleague a year later (slight dig at some other players)
Monty would start him regularly and it would get his foot in the door over there because he’s obviously not getting looked at cos of his size. I wouldn’t believe a drunk Scotsman in an Uber either, but Niz, Max and Fazz were the ones I fully expected Monty to take with him.

Spacks

Took Monty a while to trust Niz but when he did he was awesome but he has also improved under Jackson which didn’t seem possible.
Football Manager 2024 released a new data update today. Farrells attributes has increased dramatically and so has his potential. Quite a few players have had their attributes increased in the A-League. Seems to indicate that the local scout that contributes to the A-League is overworked (or dogshit at his job).

Corsair

I wouldn't trust a drunk Scotsman in an Uber as Gospel. I also don't think Niz would suit the SPL as they would try and hack the shit oot of the wee fella.
The protection players get from the ref here in aus would be part of why he's not secured a move to Europe.

Wombat

aint no way he would lie, I dropped him off at his relatives house. I'll salt his lawn into the hearts badge if he lied.

/s
A scotsman full of a wee dram or two are full o shite more times than not. I'm not saying he and Monty didnt chat.....but Monty might have just been agreeing to anything this bloke was waffling about.

I have been told stuff by players in the past and it hasn't panned out.

But on the other side of the coin i have been told stuff by a player or two that was true and the club had been lying to us.

I hope your Jock is wrong Spacks.

Spacks

He did mention something about being a chairman of a supporter group or something similar I couldn't understand half of what the bloke was saying, but he seemed pretty sober too me.

He was like at least 60 as well if that matters.

Hello Sailor

Once he gets seen in a league outside Aus his stock will keep rising.
Thats true and I wasnt suggesting that he not go overseas. I think a better gig to start with would be in Japan. His skills and work rate will be appreciated and his size wont be a factor. The first thing the Scots will say is that he is too small and unsuited to the physical game that they say that they play.
Some of the stick they give Monty is about his inflexibility and persistent playing out from the back. Maybe Faz and Niz are being considered because they can do this well.

Insertnamehere

Football Manager 2024 released a new data update today. Farrells attributes has increased dramatically and so has his potential. Quite a few players have had their attributes increased in the A-League. Seems to indicate that the local scout that contributes to the A-League is overworked (or dogshit at his job).
Part of my historical issue with FM, is the potential for players isnt dynamic. I play a bit of OOTP, the baseball equivalent, and if a player plays with great form for long periods their potential lifts relative to that performance level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred