• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariner stuff not worthy of a whole thread

Big Al

He's a pretty switched on bloke, I dont read that as him rubbishing the league just relaying the feedback he's getting. More an issue of perception over quality.
Agree, he’s stating what the agents or overseas buyers say when he says they scored a hat trick.

Its more on the idiots who say that as they miss out on players on perseption or it could simply be a negotiation tactic

dibo

He's talking about the league not being *recognised* as producing players. He's saying people write the league off and look at stuff like the palm trees and think it shouldn't be taken seriously - that could either mean he thinks they're right and that it's a mickey mouse league, or (more likely, given he was head of football at Adelaide United for some time) that the league is underrated and we need to do better at recognising and promoting the talent we produce.

Edit - I read the actual article (here: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...football-s-pecking-order-20220116-p59ok3.html) - this is exactly what he was saying.

1642386583801.png

Later in the article:

1642386655533.png

and

1642386719497.png

Last edited:

Allreet?

Yeah, I took no league offence at what Djite was saying (even if I did raise an eyebrow at the palm trees remark). And given the way the McGree transfer worked out it's probably a decent strategy for AL clubs selling players - although I'm sure that's what we always do.

As Djite points out, there are other more fundamental problems that need to be addressed. A domestic transfer system plus P/R would go a long way towards raising the value of teh league and the players therein.

scottmac

Suspended
The palm trees remark is literally saying the stadiums only got 3 f**king sides. I can't think of one other top teir team anywhere in the world that only has 3 sides to their stadium. O/S clubs would be like WTF, Knock those f**king trees down (I love the palm trees, they're a part of my childhood, however I could go for them being "relocated" to the other side of the road) and put in a steep standing only bay for the home supporters, and move your screen to above bay 16.
Anyway, that's a whole new thread.

Allreet?

The palm trees remark is literally saying the stadiums only got 3 f**king sides. I can't think of one other top teir team anywhere in the world that only has 3 sides to their stadium. O/S clubs would be like WTF, Knock those f**king trees down (I love the palm trees, they're a part of my childhood, however I could go for them being "relocated" to the other side of the road) and put in a steep standing only bay for the home supporters, and move your screen to above bay 16.
Great idea, but imagine the screaming from the apartments at the northern end who'd lose their free view!!!

turbo

Who needs a 4th side if we aren’t filling the 3 we have? Not exclusively a CCM problem either mind you only a couple of clubs have an attendance that would make it matter. Possibly just the 1 at the moment.

scottmac

Suspended
Original planning permission retained their views
So that's the reason it's a 3 sided stadium? Didn't know that. Obviously your talking about their water views..... initially I thought the major contributor was the reluctance of the bowling club to move that forced the design of the stadium but the views would make more sense.
Still, I say f**k em. (As I would unless I owned a unit or house up there ?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami