• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

pjennings

Yep. The price of success for us, which is why we have to take the opportunity of these finals while we have them.
After this season one way or another we're likely to need a rebuild cycle so are unlikely to be this strong again for a few years.
Depending when we lose our coaches... maybe longer. But for now - enjoy it while we have it
We had a rebuild this year.

We lost Lewis Miller, Noah Smith, Oliver Bozanic, Ruon Tongyik, Matt Hatch, Nicolai Müller, Kye Rowles, Mark Birighitti, Marco Urena, Cy Goddard at the end of last season.

Matty Simon retired in October just before the season started

Garang Kuol, Kelechi John, Jakob Cresnar, Michael Ruhs, Thomas Aquilina and Dor Jok all left in the Summer window.

TBH I can't see quite the same quantity going this year and some players may want to put themselves in the Asian shop window during the AFC Cup - but losing certain players like Jason or Niz will hurt.

Ironbark

We've punched well above our weight this season. A much larger proportion of our players' values will have risen above what we can pay them and there will be a lot of interest.
The chance is very real we'll lose contracted players. I hope we'll hold enough to not need a rebuild but the possibility of losing a fair bit of quality is there.
That's ok though.
If our model works perfectly I'd expect us to be competitive at the finals end about every three years, with selling and building back up in between. As long as we can run the development model on a consistent way, and that includes coaches albeit in a longer cycle than players

Ancient Mariner

100% until the last line. I loved Kwas but he did my head in at times. In the top 10 best strikers the Mariners have seen....possibly. Greatest strikers this league has ever seen......not a chance....probably not even in the top 100.
Last line was said very tongue in cheek looking to get a reaction..;)

The thing I loved with Kwas, was that you never knew what you were going to get.
He could show magical skill and score an impossible goal and then blaze a one on one into the back row of Bay 16.
I suspect he did his own head in. If he had time to think, he generally muffed it. Which was why he was never great at penalties.

Corsair

We lost Lewis Miller, Noah Smith, Oliver Bozanic, Ruon Tongyik, Matt Hatch, Nicolai Müller, Kye Rowles, Mark Birighitti, Marco Urena, Cy Goddard at the end of last season.

Garang Kuol, Kelechi John, Jakob Cresnar, Michael Ruhs, Thomas Aquilina and Dor Jok all left in the Summer window.

TBH I can't see quite the same quantity going this year and some players may want to put themselves in the Asian shop window during the AFC Cup - but losing certain players like Jason or Niz will hurt.
2nd is an amazing achievement with that level of squad rotation. Picking up a 16 goal striker really was a major boon and I feel like his quality has improved the attacking game of the whole front line.

Kripple

Great post. This year was our rebuild year with 15 players out. Don't think we will lose that many this year other than Jason. Many are on multi year contracts which is a change to previous years.
Playing in NSWPL1 this year will help with recruitment where needed.

turbo

After this season one way or another we're likely to need a rebuild cycle so are unlikely to be this strong again for a few years.
If the club is playing smart, and they seem to be getting smarter with this kind of thing, they’ll sell a couple for good offers and have replacements lined up to continue the production line. They’ll keep others and look to sell them in a season or two. Sending the team back to the dark ages will cut off future transfers or devalue them significantly.

Rising Sun

Great post. This year was our rebuild year with 15 players out. Don't think we will lose that many this year other than Jason. Many are on multi year contracts which is a change to previous years.
Playing in NSWPL1 this year will help with recruitment where needed.
Having players on multi year contracts is not going to reduce the turnover - in fact the longer the contract, the higher the fee, and therefore the keener Richard is that they leave

Ironbark

If the club is playing smart, and they seem to be getting smarter with this kind of thing, they’ll sell a couple for good offers and have replacements lined up to continue the production line. They’ll keep others and look to sell them in a season or two. Sending the team back to the dark ages will cut off future transfers or devalue them significantly.
This is the ideal scenario

scoober

Yep. We offered Schneiderlin our usual low pay but a good stepping stone to getting a gig in Europe pitch but he didn't go for it for some reason
Would be a great fold to have if by chance nisbets moves on and you want max and harry to have someone to bounce off.
Obviously still holds himself to highly for our wage offer and ethos on youth development

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred