• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2022/2023

Big Al

Only two things I can think of
1 - something happened behind the scenes that we aren’t aware of
2 - that red in Australia cup shattered his confidence and Monty let that heavy burden sit squarely on his shoulders with maybe a few digs in there himself.

last week he got a start out of necessity. Today felt like an olive branch and being hooked at half time says plenty about how it was received.
Actually thought He’d go during jan transfers when everyone wanted Kaltak. Thought they be asking about Hall to as wasn’t getting ago in his preferred position.

He has made bad mistakes
Publicly humiliated
Played everywhere but RCB which can’t be helpful

ConsKrypt

Being publicly humiliated on the Cummings doco would not have helped either.
There is this and maybe the fact he had kaltak sitting on the bench which was also playing on his mind? Genuine question to be asked really. To me it seemed like this could be what was playing on his mind knowing that he's no longer a first choice which is a pitty in some aspects as he was solid last season for us.

Corsair

There is this and maybe the fact he had kaltak sitting on the bench which was also playing on his mind? Genuine question to be asked really. To me it seemed like this could be what was playing on his mind knowing that he's no longer a first choice which is a pitty in some aspects as he was solid last season for us.
Kaltak has been a blight on our season and cost us more than 12 points. There I said it. Teacher needs to give up on his pet.

I'm also feeling the "our amazing academy story" played a part in starting selection for tonight.

One thing is very clear, we take Niz for granted and we don't have a backup for him.

Wombat

Kaltak has been a blight on our season and cost us more than 12 points. There I said it. Teacher needs to give up on his pet.

I'm also feeling the "our amazing academy story" played a part in starting selection for tonight.

One thing is very clear, we take Niz for granted and we don't have a backup for him.
Kaltak was exactly what we were missing in that first half. Kaltak and Triantis is our best pairing.

turbo

First best at fault because he was closest to goal and allowed the shot to happen in a one-on-one situation. Agree the others were culpable as well.
Just had another look and have to agree to disagree on that one. For me Kaltak is the only one close to doing his job there. Very hard to stop that foot thrown out on the opposite side of his body. Still got pretty close too.

Windust in no mans land with nobody to mark and not closing in to back up Storm. Danny beaten at a tight angle. Storm beaten to allow the pass. A terrible team goal to concede. Didnt change the result of course but still.

midfielder

Aside from the second goal and letting their player waltz across him. Best pairing for me at this point in time is Triantis and Farrell.
I watched Farrell play CB and he was very nervous and relied heavily on Kaltak to organise him... he is an outside back.... the big question for me is who of our left backs can play right back the better... I would suggest McGarry as he can still pass in from the right using his left foot...

marinermick

Just had another look and have to agree to disagree on that one. For me Kaltak is the only one close to doing his job there. Very hard to stop that foot thrown out on the opposite side of his body. Still got pretty close too.

Windust in no mans land with nobody to mark and not closing in to back up Storm. Danny beaten at a tight angle. Storm beaten to allow the pass. A terrible team goal to concede. Didnt change the result of course but still.

Basic defending principle mate. Get goal side of your attacker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami