• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

pjennings

If Monty stays for one more season I think there will be a lot of players that stay for the extra year rather then go and be a benchwarmer in europe. Another year of improving and their stocks rise even more, way more than a year sitting on the bench. And some of the players that have done this will know, and advise, the same (eg. Sammy, Theo) as well as watching what has happened with Garang and Alou.

I think this even applies to Monty. One good season might get him a look in at a decent league. But a season like this, followed by success in Asia, and then another overperforming season - the offers will be much better.

Fingers crossed this is how everyone is looking at things.
Sheffield United at the end of next season when they bounce back to the Championship. He will take them back to the EPL and they will stay there.

Michael

I’m incredibly confident Monty ain’t going anywhere before the new season. He’ll want to test himself in what is a very doable Asian competition at very least. I also can’t see him moving to another aleague side… ever.
Asia or Europe or stay. Nothing else makes sense. 1 more full season atleast, leave the club in a good place and as an icon in our history. So no concern there.

And going off that article I expect Theo and Tulio have been extended. So let’s talk who we expect will have concrete interest..

Also, isn’t it a nice place to be where almost all departing players are bringing money to the club these days? Not just dumping us high and very dry.

Dingos gone for big money, good fee expected
Triantis expected 500k to sunderland
Hally expected to move domestically

That’s the most concrete info we have this early…
I expect Tulio, Sammy, beni, max and maybe niz to have some serious interest. But I’d be very confident Sammy, max and niz stick around for another full season atleast.
Tulio and Beni could attract serious transfer fees that might be hard to knock back.
Dingos transfer fee could be used for pay rises for a couple lads for a year before they get sold too.

Insertnamehere

I’m incredibly confident Monty ain’t going anywhere before the new season. He’ll want to test himself in what is a very doable Asian competition at very least. I also can’t see him moving to another aleague side… ever.
Asia or Europe or stay. Nothing else makes sense. 1 more full season atleast, leave the club in a good place and as an icon in our history. So no concern there.

And going off that article I expect Theo and Tulio have been extended. So let’s talk who we expect will have concrete interest..

Also, isn’t it a nice place to be where almost all departing players are bringing money to the club these days? Not just dumping us high and very dry.

Dingos gone for big money, good fee expected
Triantis expected 500k to sunderland
Hally expected to move domestically

That’s the most concrete info we have this early…
I expect Tulio, Sammy, beni, max and maybe niz to have some serious interest. But I’d be very confident Sammy, max and niz stick around for another full season atleast.
Tulio and Beni could attract serious transfer fees that might be hard to knock back.
Dingos transfer fee could be used for pay rises for a couple lads for a year before they get sold too.
Beni might go. Had 2 years with us now. Value isn't as high as end of last season. Happy for him to stay but his window is now.

Be surprised if Niz didn't get some offers.

Michael

I think Niz may go, mariners medal winners have a habit of being poached.
He definitely deserves a move, they all do. I think there’s a definite effort from the players and club to make sure it’s the right move where they’ll actually play from the get go. I’ve said it before with Nizz though, his size might work against him for a European move. (It definitely shouldn’t)

Tevor

Beni might go. Had 2 years with us now. Value isn't as high as end of last season. Happy for him to stay but his window is now.

Be surprised if Niz didn't get some offers.
Not so sure, there was an article on Beni before the GF and explained that when he dropped to 3rd tier in France he might give football away and was told he wasn't good enough. Now he is a top player in the A league and Champion so life is pretty good. He said he was warning the other young guys how tuff it is in Europe and in the team you just have to look at Silver and Theo as examples. Beni seems to like Oz and his partner was with him on the field after the GF, he may want to stay. You wonder why he didn't leave after one year when they mentioned there was some serious interest in him.

Insertnamehere

Not so sure, there was an article on Beni before the GF and explained that when he dropped to 3rd tier in France he might give football away and was told he wasn't good enough. Now he is a top player in the A league and Champion so life is pretty good. He said he was warning the other young guys how tuff it is in Europe and in the team you just have to look at Silver and Theo as examples. Beni seems to like Oz and his partner was with him on the field after the GF, he may want to stay. You wonder why he didn't leave after one year when they mentioned there was some serious interest in him.
Yeah read the article. Wise stuff from Beni. I'd like to hope he hangs around. Even when in the early part of the year teams had worked him out, he found a way to be productive again.

Probs helps with Max, and Id think Brian, speaking French for him to stay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred