• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

pjennings

So you're saying around $22-23M for a 10,000 capacity plus a clubhouse cost. Given the support for the women's game at the moment I suspect at least some could come from Govt grants. After that there would still need to be significant investment.

However, if we are going to part of the Australian football scene on an ongoing basis then we need to plan for when P&R is in place and we sure won't be able to sustain CCS if we ever get relegated.

Archie

Can council just hand the stadium ownership to us so it can be used to its full potentional. Knock it down, rebuild the same stands except make them much more steeper like CommBank so we can have a bigger concourse, 15,000-18,000 capacity with yellow and blue seats, add a roof and safe standing in the northern end, bring back the blimp, keep the palm trees obviously, what else? In another universe maybe but as magnificent as it sounds, it won’t happen

Wombat

So you're saying around $22-23M for a 10,000 capacity plus a clubhouse cost. Given the support for the women's game at the moment I suspect at least some could come from Govt grants. After that there would still need to be significant investment.

However, if we are going to part of the Australian football scene on an ongoing basis then we need to plan for when P&R is in place and we sure won't be able to sustain CCS if we ever get relegated.
We would play at Pluim if we got relegated.

Michael

TBH I suspect the only way we can be sustainable on an ongoing basis is for very substantial investment at Tuggerah for a small boutique ground (5000-10,000) and clubhouse.

I’ve been saying for pretty much the entirety of the aleague, stadiums in Australia are too big for aleague teams. Yeah it’s nice on the very odd occasion a big stadium is full and every time Gosford has been full it’s wonderful. But it’s the 98% Inbetween.
As much as I hate Adelaide players over the years, Hindmarsh is perfect for this league. 12k capacity, tight parameters. Perfect for the league, still electric when half full. Old parra stadium was perfect size for WSW. A 10k capacity stadium would be perfect for us. (Not saying I want a new stadium for us)
Unfortunately there’s been too much americanisation at the top decision level of sport in this country every time it comes to stadia. It’s a simple fact that the general Aussie sporting fan is extremely fair weather.

Wombat

I’ve been saying for pretty much the entirety of the aleague, stadiums in Australia are too big for aleague teams. Yeah it’s nice on the very odd occasion a big stadium is full and every time Gosford has been full it’s wonderful. But it’s the 98% Inbetween.
As much as I hate Adelaide players over the years, Hindmarsh is perfect for this league. 12k capacity, tight parameters. Perfect for the league, still electric when half full. Old parra stadium was perfect size for WSW. A 10k capacity stadium would be perfect for us. (Not saying I want a new stadium for us)
Unfortunately there’s been too much americanisation at the top decision level of sport in this country every time it comes to stadia. It’s a simple fact that the general Aussie sporting fan is extremely fair weather.
10k would be too small for us. We used to average that. We are on the way up baby. Our average is 8k this year so far. We sold out a 20k stadium last season.

Think big not small Michael. :)

## Note## Hindmarsh holds 16,500.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

I had my first trip to No 2 Sportsground when the ladies played the Jets, and its a very tidy little facility. It cost around $7.5m but thats around 12 years ago. With inflation I reckon it would be $10m for something similar today.

The capacity is supposedly 5,000. There is seating for about 2,500 down one side of the ground but only about 500 of those are undercover. The rest of the capacity is via a small hill on the remaining 3 sides. The facilities are basic. The TV cameras were positioned on the walkway at the back of the grandstand. There was a basic canteen selling snags and soft drinks; beer was courtesy of a local micro-brewery who were selling cans out of an esky and with a table they brought themselves. A lovely little venue for ALW but well short of hosting ALM games. I reckon you would need double that investment, probably treble if you wanted to go to 10k.
So in a nutshell, the catering was much better.

marinermick

Easily accessible for public transport, accommodation and food/drinks where it is now, too. I’d love a little boutique stadium but it just doesn’t make much sense

It will never happen but I was thinking at the Sydney game that it would be awesome to redevelop each stand so that the top tier is over the bottom tier and closer to play. With the area behind the northern goals with a similar stand it would be one awesome stadium. I think 20000 is a decent sized capacity for our home.

midfielder

Success is a funny thing, the league or fans [other teams] as a whole are saying we have changed and turned to the Dark Football Arts to win games... no longer everyone's second fav team...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred