• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

Corsair

I think that's the difference in opinions in this thread, and it's probably semantics, but not that bad is hardly shining.

Solid but uninspiring is how I usually describe him. He's doing a job but you always get the impression he is leaving a bit in the tank (especially in and around the 6 yard box).
He's almost been like a first season international transfer, I reckon he'll be back in form next season.

Michael

When he Bradbury's into the GF side and wins it for us there are people on here who will look silly. #TeamDWH
I’ve been saying it from the start, for all of Jacko’s brilliance this season, it’s mind blowing DWH hasn’t been given atleast a 2nd crack at holding down spot. He’s a tidy forward, he showed it at Brisbane and in patches at western.

How many chances did Wilson get….

Michael

I suspect part of him never getting a shot at redemption is 'encouraging' him to look for a move with a mutual release. With Auckland and potentially Canberra spinning up he may have some options. Brutal for him to play very little football these last two seasons.
He was so unlucky with injury last season after joining, Monty loved him and was telling Staj to sign him a few seasons back.

I still remember talking to DWH on the fence during the GF celebrations and he just kept saying how keen he was to show his value to the fans this current season knowing Dingo was to leave.

We can’t really diss Jacko’s decision at this point in time given our huge success this season. Just sucks for DWH, I suppose.

midfielder

Maybe I am wrong, but I always through that DWH was not a good striker, but could have been a great 10.

The only real thing he had going for him as a striker was speed.... he was way to small to win balls in the air close to the goal, nor not get knocked off the ball..... IMO he was not always drifting and moving around the front, which is was is needed in someone of his size....

But as a 10 he could have wandered all over the place come in on loose balls etc.... maybe a wide mid as well...

Sometimes and he is one, IMO, where a coach and player pick the wrong position and they never reach their potential....

Spacks

c10a3eea0d34790f9743c10c2cbb1f02.png

1. We'd need to replace Hall.
2. and Vuka
3. Faz, if he leaves, will be replaced by Maruagis
4. Doka could cut inside or overlap, same with Roux but I feel like Doka's left foot is better than Roux's.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Tevor

2. and Vuka
4. Doka could cut inside or overlap, same with Roux but I feel like Doka's left foot is better than Roux's.

Thoughts?

It’s just way too hard to know who will be here next season. Like last off season we lost players I didn’t think we would.

Wombat

2. and Vuka

Thoughts?

Where is King Niz?

Ads

* With ACL duties I reckon we will seek another starting CM with Steele remain as the utility.

* I reckon Edmo will be given every chance in preseason to connect with 3/4 new players behind him that can feed and flick balls to him.

* But how good would it be if we kept Kaltak & Nizzy new offer + a new creative and a winger with Angel peak form piercing runs.

Roux——-???——???——-Maragus
Doka——Tapp—-?????——??????
——————-?????————————
——————-Edmo————————

Kuol
Theo
Smith
Brandtmann
Paul - Offload
Wilson - Offload

Wish List:
Garang
Tulio
Triantis
Windust
Barcellos (Loan)

LG__

Is there any word on the financial incentives we may receive for being in the Asian Champions League? Hopefully that could help us tie down more of the squad and or replace them adequately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred