• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners Squad 2023/2024

turbo

Looks like he's signed for the first team, either as number 2 to Danny or number 1 if Danny retires? A Mat Ryan signing imo
I'm expecting Sozer to move on. We persisted with Danny while he was in a form slump which turned out to be the right call but isn't something I'd expect a backup keeper to be too ok with. In theory a younger keeper is probably going to be cheaper and more willing to bide his time.

Rising Sun

It does highlight that we are now a destination of choice for young players. We have had several age group NT players join us recently.

The current success is built off an academy that Ken and Monty put together based on local lads and other clubs rejects. The uplift in quality coming in should make the success of the pipeline self-sustaining.

Kilsin

You'd be hard pushed to find a keeper that hasn't got at least one of these howlers in their repertoire.
One of the most effective ways to learn and develop is to avoid repeating past mistakes that have caused unpleasant feelings. I'd be worried if we signed a young player who hasn't made at least one big mistake that they've regretted in their time playing!

adz

Staff member
You'd be hard pushed to find a keeper that hasn't got at least one of these howlers in their repertoire.

I remember getting back from the bar a few times in the early years, we'd conceded a goal, saying what happened? "Danny".

And then Matty Ryan I think did almost the exact same thing in a pre-season game before he was our #1 and everyone was thinking oh great we're screwed now ?

pjennings

I remember getting back from the bar a few times in the early years, we'd conceded a goal, saying what happened? "Danny".

And then Matty Ryan I think did almost the exact same thing in a pre-season game before he was our #1 and everyone was thinking oh great we're screwed now ?
If it's the one I am thinking about it was against the Smurfs. My unpopular opinion at the time was that it was more Patty Z's fault.

marinermick

This game I think

That’s the one. Alex Brosque disposed Matt Ryan. Before the game John Crawley was telling that Matt Ryan is the best keeper he ever coached and had awesome distribution. Never forget those words because of what happened afterwards.

JoyfulPenguin

That’s the one. Alex Brosque disposed Matt Ryan. Before the game John Crawley was telling that Matt Ryan is the best keeper he ever coached and had awesome distribution. Never forget those words because of what happened afterwards.
Probably what did him in, Sydney would have targeted him because he was known for trying to distribute properly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred