• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Mariners vs Perth Glory - MW12 - the 'didn't we just play you ?' round

Big Al

See some dingleberries over at a Mariners supporters Facebook page shitting all over Marcos for his fairly insignificant grumpy moment yesterday, dunno about anybody else , but I like to see a guy whose performing get narky when he gets subbed
Absolutely, especially as he was playing better than Matt but he did look gassed. He should of had at least two goals. Was looking like his best game.

FFC Mariner

To be fair, we thought he would come off as he looked knackered. I'm ok with him cracking the shits - we need players who care. Look at Reddy and Kilkenny roasting their players when required.
EAsily his best game for us and I hereby retract all my doubts. He wont win the golden boot but he is that player who makes everything tick
Still like to see him with Kuol though

Big Al

To be fair, we thought he would come off as he looked knackered. I'm ok with him cracking the shits - we need players who care. Look at Reddy and Kilkenny roasting their players when required.
EAsily his best game for us and I hereby retract all my doubts. He wont win the golden boot but he is that player who makes everything tick
Still like to see him with Kuol though
Me to i think he could put him space with some passes and touches

Michael

The thing that irritated me most (besides Ams) was the fact that we didn't use Kuol at all when he came on. Urena might have been able to do that.

agree, that’s the 2nd match in a row possibly 3 where alou hasn’t been brought into play properly by the lads. Conditions didn’t help yesterday.
But now is the time to start tinkering how we build up attacks and hold on to the ball.
We’ll start to be figured out now. Don’t touch the defensive structure because it’s almost perfect aside from the very occasional individual error.
but I’ve noticed there’s been a period over the last 3 matches where we’ve completely lost all pressing intensity and it started as a 5 min spell 3 games ago and yesterday was almost a 20minute spell where we looked totally cooked because the ideas were limited with the ball. Not trying to be too harsh because the pitch and weather was such a huge factor.

pjennings

I can't read much into last nights game playing in those conditions, in that swamp - apart from Nizzy growing even more into his potential

It's too soon for the Aussie Messi calls, but one day perhaps!
Calling it now. Nizz's first goal will come in the next game against City making Jamieson look more of a goose than he normally does,

I rate City's midfield and attack especially now that Griffiths and Nabbout are there but i don't rate Glover or their defence. They tend to have good first halves, as we do and then drop off, as we do. With Stens back I think we will go back to a more balanced performance over the two halves and get the win.

Michael

Calling it now. Nizz's first goal will come in the next game against City making Jamieson look more of a goose than he normally does,

I rate City's midfield and attack especially now that Griffiths and Nabbout are there but i don't rate Glover or their defence. They tend to have good first halves, as we do and then drop off, as we do. With Stens back I think we will go back to a more balanced performance over the two halves and get the win.

agree
I don’t like nabbout but he’s on fire atm and Macca is the best Aussie striker at the moment.
Their defence is very get at able. Rostyn gives their midfield confidence to bomb on knowing they have solid cover.

Allreet?

Huge match coming up. If we do manage to win it, we will be very short priced favourites to take the premiers' plate as City will be 9 points behind and I reckon they're the only team capable of catching us.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Huge match coming up. If we do manage to win it, we will be very short priced favourites to take the premiers' plate as City will be 9 points behind and I reckon they're the only team capable of catching us.
Agreed. If we lose this....it'll probably suggest City may take over a little further down the track.

Jeez, after the last seasons we've had, isn't it incredible to be talking like this?

Ironbark

Yeah, Urena has been gold and was upset to be sub which is fair enough. Very happy with him and he'll just get better and better

He was tiring though and the sub wasn't a bad move. When fully fit and firing for 90 mins it could be an option to take off a midfielder, drop him back into a more playmaker role and add Kuol up top

true believer

Yeah, Urena has been gold and was upset to be sub which is fair enough. Very happy with him and he'll just get better and better

He was tiring though and the sub wasn't a bad move. When fully fit and firing for 90 mins it could be an option to take off a midfielder, drop him back into a more playmaker role and add Kuol up top
i think the key is you have to have urena or bouman on.
to create for simon or kuol .
that way you leave nizzy and dds wide to run amok .

Forum Phoenix

i think the key is you have to have urena or bouman on.
to create for simon or kuol .
that way you leave nizzy and dds wide to run amok .
Maybe, though they work very differently. Bouman is definitely best out wide and crossing or cutting into the box. Whereas Urena works central sliding in through balls and has good neat link play.

Bouman for mine lacks a bit of skill and confidence on the ball amd only seems comfortable when he has space to run into - but when he does he gets his head up and is really good at picking out a pass.

true believer

Maybe, though they work very differently. Bouman is definitely best out wide and crossing or cutting into the box. Whereas Urena works central sliding in through balls and has good neat link play.

Bouman for mine lacks a bit of skill and confidence on the ball amd only seems comfortable when he has space to run into - but when he does he gets his head up and is really good at picking out a pass.
kuol scores when bouman is on the park .if nizzy and dds are wide .
then there'll be space all over the park.

Wombat

agree
I don’t like nabbout but he’s on fire atm and Macca is the best Aussie striker at the moment.
Their defence is very get at able. Rostyn gives their midfield confidence to bomb on knowing they have solid cover.
Nabbout is quality. Can pull a defence apart and can also slot from distance. Noone and Macca switched on is a big problem but we can still beat these muppets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami