• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 22 v Plastics

Ancient Mariner

Absolutely true - you need a introduce players into a settled side. No offence to Monty there - he played the only cards he had.
I am not arguing with that there was no alternative but I still think there were 3 players on the bench before they were a long way ready for this step up.
Hopefully the exposure will do them the world of good and we will see them in the future.

Huddo

From IFAB

• Not every contact between the hand/arm and the ball is a handball offence.
• Referees must judge the ‘validity’ of the hand/arm’s position in relation to what the player is doing in that particular situation.

What the f**k was valid about that position?

Charlie1

The boys looked very flat today not going to read much into this game. With Covid and this being our 2nd game in a week fatigue could of been a factor. On a positive a great finish by Ureña. Great to see nearly 4000 fans at the game. The boys deserve the support with there efforts so far.

FFC Mariner

Yeah not reading too much into that except:

Roux has to go, a truly dreadful player
Moresche is a bench player at best. Certainly not AL standard striker.
Bayliss may be as good as everyone say he is
Farrell will learn from his 2nd half

Also, credit to Jordan Bos for City (#38) only 19, wonderful display at CB along side Aidan O'Neill. Future socceroo IMHO

booney

City were definitely the better team for most of the game especially the first twenty five minutes.Good goal from Urena gave us some hope but we could not go on with it in the second half.

Unlike others I thought Roux had a serviceable game against Leckie and Tilio and Moresche worked hard up front.Nkololo was very quiet for first twenty minutes but came more into the game after his side netting shot.However he really is more of a squad player.

Farrell had a battle against Nabbout and was caught out for the second goal( was a terrific ball from Berenguer to be fair).However he will learn from this game as will all the youngsters .Now they will know how high the bar is set by the top team.

Charlie1

Also, credit to Jordan Bos for City (#38) only 19, wonderful display at CB along side Aidan O'Neill. Future socceroo

Also, credit to Jordan Bos for City (#38) only 19, wonderful display at CB along side Aidan O'Neill. Future socceroo IMHO
Moresche bench player at best you having a joke ok maybe not scoring goals but his working his butt of and his play with Ureña is beautiful to watch. One of our better players

scottmac

Suspended
Disagree I have it in for him. He was hired to score goals and has none unless against NPL opposition.

The amount of times I was yelling at the screen because he allowed defenders to easily play out the back were numerous today.

If you think he had a good game today then you really need to go back and look at the game again. As for having “Marty’s fire” you’re having a laugh.
I'll watch it again, but IMO is not me that's got this wrong here (Obviously). Both of our forwards were not closing down, and both of our midfielders were also slow to get to the play. Boz and Ballard were slow and what's the point closing down at the front if your mids aren't backing your effort...... either way, both the front and mid would have been served better by having the effort of Miller and Nisbet. He's got fire. Your mistaking fire for effort, he doesn't continue to chase like Matty does, no one does. But he is willing to get in face's and show some passion. That's what I'm referring to by fire.

Rising Sun

Not overly worried. Played last years champions with 4 current from the current Socceroo squad. Plus side is we are adding to our strikers apparently and the players hopefully will recover. Potential bad news is renewed talk of Birraz going.

Miller, Nisbet and Hall all starters out with Covid. Muller and Kuol who both probably would have been on the bench out with Covid. Simon still out with a neck injury.

The most experienced bench player has played 257 A League minutes and you bring on a 93 game veteran of the EPL. We ended the game with 6 players that last season were playing NPL2 and City still was trying to waste time.
Absolutely right and you can thrown in that for the last quarter we had 2 debutants in the back 4.

What I am worried about is that we are likely only 2 weeks away from the cup final and Niz, Hall and Miller will be at best underdone if they make it at all.

As for next week, our last CBs standing are Tongyk and Windust, neither of them certain to last a full game. Might need to see Farrell or even Oli pressed into service as emergency centre backs

turbo

Both of our forwards were not closing down, and both of our midfielders were also slow to get to the play. Boz and Ballard were slow and what's the point closing down at the front if your mids aren't backing your effort
That’s where I land on any closing down issues today. Zero point running yourself ragged if the team isn’t pressing as one, especially if you may well need to play 90 mins as some team mates are struggling.

marinermick

That’s where I land on any closing down issues today. Zero point running yourself ragged if the team isn’t pressing as one, especially if you may well need to play 90 mins as some team mates are struggling.

Then you lead by example as an older player and fire up the players around you to do the same. You just don’t give up.

turbo

Then you lead by example as an older player and fire up the players around you to do the same. You just don’t give up.
I think that works under normal circumstances where players have their head down but isn’t so applicable here where you’re talking about covid recovery and being unfit. If it was the cup final and there was something on the line sure but tough sell for 3 points if half the squad just don’t have it in them.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I'm sorry but the new rules are stupider than the old ones, how the f**k was that that arm in a natural position? And two, with out the touch who knows where the f**k the ball goes.

This is turning in to a f**king stupid sport.
The only real change here is that it's no longer an automatic foul because it led to a teammate scoring. Outside of that, just like the laws 1 year, 3 years, 10 years ago, ref can still call it a foul.

Sigh, I've managed to miss every game live this season. When do I tune in? just before this goal.

Saw the scoreline and thought 'of course it's fkn city'. I feel like they're well and truly our bogey team by now.

Ancient Mariner

Would have, should have, could have............
A lot of the players referred to as bench players are young developing and are not at international level (yet). However they are part of what has been turned into a very competitive A-League squad and fit in.
I am not upset by the performance today. A lot of match fitness has been lost over the last few weeks and many were backing up from a great cup win.

They will do me.

Ancient Mariner

Our senior players are not only having to produce but they are also having to play a game that will fit in with the inexperienced youngsters. Hence you will see them taking a shot when maybe they should pass because they are having to make decisions like "He may be in a better position than me but with his lack of experience is he less or more likely to score?", "maybe I should back of the pace of the pass because this youth may not be able to control a rocket, while his mate on the other side can?".
This adds a lot more pressure and leads them to play a different game to that which they would normally play if surrounded by internationals.
A massive extra load, think about it when you say as an international Joe Bloggs was definitely off his game.

Get used to it. It is what this Club is all about. Enjoy the ride, it is something different to most and can be a great buzz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb