• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 22 v Plastics

true believer

i think it is poor form to predict scores . but im aggressively , positive about our team !
i have no apprehension playing them , or anyone else . if we don't lose our squad . then
i think we might be getting something better than steak knifes this year.

turbo

Buzzing, confident and ready for action then?!
I’m happy with how we played against Sydney. City normally play a faster game so might be a bit more taxing. We’ll be better off for that hit out (assuming no injuries) but not sure we’ll see the benefits as soon as the weekend.

Corsair

I’m happy with how we played against Sydney. City normally play a faster game so might be a bit more taxing. We’ll be better off for that hit out (assuming no injuries) but not sure we’ll see the benefits as soon as the weekend.
I was surprised at the quality and speed of our passing in defence, up front was a different matter but at the back and playing out we were really good. Might need some extra subs for this next game though.

turbo

I was surprised at the quality and speed of our passing in defence, up front was a different matter but at the back and playing out we were really good. Might need some extra subs for this next game though.
The passing was very confident to the point of making me nervous where we held on to it until the very last second, especially Birraz. It showed that fitness was down but confidence and touch wasn’t.

Tevor

Annoyed I'll be away and miss going to this game however so bloody happy to be watching and talking football again and good to see so many teams coming back and games being rescheduled. That thread on hand ball rules was too much.

The plastics don't normally play that well at CCS and they are not setting the world on fire at the moment so a very good chance and we will be better for the run last night. Also we have RT and Muller fresh on the bench. RT now has to take that CB spot off Dan Hall in my opinion and it seems Monty has the same view.

Nabbout is their danger man at the moment and is in good form, will be a good test for our defence.

Pirate Pete

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Please note that for this match, the Eastern side of the stadium will not be in operation (Bays 22-32 on the lower stand, and Bays 44-54 in the upper stand).

The Away Supporters will be allocated into Bays 20/21.

All patrons are required to enter the stadium via the Western Gate, and the Eastern Bays will not be available for seating or for concession purchases.

Mariners Members who have reserved seating in the Eastern stands will be contacted by the club to arrange alternate seating for this match.

Obviously not expecting too many to turn up then.
TV will look shit with no crowd, but then again who cares, when the football is back.

Pirate Pete

I really want to get back to the stadium but it feels like a selfish luxury with everything going on. So far my young family has dodged the spicy cough and I'm trying to keep it that way. I've paid my membership for the season but for now I'll be watching from the couch.
Fair enough. Closing part of the stadium is understandable, but it'll mean those there are closer together.
I'll be there, with my N95 mask.

bikinigirl

Fair enough. Closing part of the stadium is understandable

. nope!

. closing part of the stadium makes no f**king sense to me ... all it means is that even less people will attend

. problem is many that won't have already paid for their tickets via membership ... so they'll be doubly pissed. yeah the club will benefit from less outgoings and the same income ... but maybe there is a longer term cost

turbo

closing part of the stadium makes no f**king sense to me ... all it means is that even less people will attend
What's your prediction if they close part vs not closing part?

I don't see us getting more than 4k even without any closures. The WSW game got 4389 with some travelling support that City wont bring. 4k shouldn't be too packed with 2 sides of the stadium open. I actually think it'll be more like 2-3k regardless. Not flattering but that's where the state is at right now.

Kilsin

. nope!

. closing part of the stadium makes no f**king sense to me ... all it means is that even less people will attend

. problem is many that won't have already paid for their tickets via membership ... so they'll be doubly pissed. yeah the club will benefit from less outgoings and the same income ... but maybe there is a longer term cost
Agreed. Makes no sense to me either.

As Pete said, it also squashes people closer together making it more likely to infect. I am going with my mate as we're stinging for a Mariner home game and to make use of our membership but we will be masked up and staying as far away from everyone as humanly possible.

Kilsin

What's your prediction if they close part vs not closing part?

I don't see us getting more than 4k even without any closures. The WSW game got 4389 with some travelling support that City wont bring. 4k shouldn't be too packed with 2 sides of the stadium open. I actually think it'll be more like 2-3k regardless. Not flattering but that's where the state is at right now.
I reckon around 3-4k but just don't understand the reasoning behind squashing us all together in a pandemic.

turbo

I reckon around 3-4k but just don't understand the reasoning behind squashing us all together in a pandemic.
20k capacity, closing half leaves 10k should still be enough room to spread out but I understand the concern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami