• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 22 v Plastics

scottmac

Suspended
Don’t presume to know or make judgement on what I am in for.

If he was an eighteen year old academy player on minimum wage he would get grace. He is not. He is an older import and one of our highest paid players. He will be judged as such.

In a team of young players finding their way and performing we don’t have the luxury of another “development” player or someone that may or may not come good.

He is being paid big money to do one specific job on the back of that one specific job he excelled at in Singapore and by that criteria we need to and have signed another striker.
When I said flashy I was more aiming at the way he carries himself not his football. The theatrical nature. He's 23, he's never played in a big league and he's 6 games into a summer league that's is a fair whack tougher defensively than what he's used to. He's been involved in enough goals and creates chances and but for 2 amazing saves by Redmayne would be off the mark. Your being overly harsh.

Tevor

When I turned on to watch just before the game started and heard about the withdrawals I lost a lot of confidence in getting a result. That would have been hugely disruptive to the team. I also worried coming into this game as a lot was put into the Cup Semi and we rightfully celebrated after this achievement. This is the second time I’ve seen us play like this, the first was round two against the Nix after beating the scum in round 1. I think we were a little over confident or could your say too believing in our abilities. We are a young team and they have to learn you need to be up for every game. The plastics were winning all the duals from the first whistle and were well up for this match which showed their respect in my opinion.

I’m not overly concerned by the result and I’m not sledging any players as I’m sure Monty will be more organised for our next game and we will have these occasional flat games this season. With a small squad as well this will not be the only time we are stretched and fielding a very inexperienced team.

I rate our squad and they have all proven they deserve to be there. I’ll make judgements at the end of the season not six games into a very disjointed and unusual season. Roux is frustrating but he has experience and it wasn’t his worst game.

true believer

When I said flashy I was more aiming at the way he carries himself not his football. The theatrical nature. He's 23, he's never played in a big league and he's 6 games into a summer league that's is a fair whack tougher defensively than what he's used to. He's been involved in enough goals and creates chances and but for 2 amazing saves by Redmayne would be off the mark. Your being overly harsh.
more to the point of the redmayne saves . he was "in the right position to play at the ball"in the first place .
thats something you cant teach , it's instinct . im very happy with that we got him.
as for his mega salary . what does anyone think he's on 500k ? come on .

marinermick

Exactly, mega salary in regards to us maybe but he's not on Birraz or Oli money

Not sure where I posted “mega salary”. If you and true believer can point out where I or someone else posted it because you are misrepresenting facts? I typed “one of our highest paid players” and “not getting academy type wages”.

true believer

Not sure where I posted “mega salary”. If you and true believer can point out where I or someone else posted it because you are misrepresenting facts? I typed “one of our highest paid players” and “not getting academy type wages”.

If he was an eighteen year old academy player on minimum wage he would get grace. He is not. He is an older import and one of our highest paid players. He will be judged as such.

He is being paid big money to do one specific job

your implication is he's on a substantial salary . is it not ?
because it certainly reads that way , semantics aside .

marinermick

He is being paid big money to do one specific job

your implication is he's on a substantial salary . is it not ?
because it certainly reads that way , semantics aside .

Where did I use the word “mega”? I didn’t imply he was on big money. I stated it and I stand by all my comments I posted. They are not unreasonable nor grandiose.

marinermick

no you used , highest paid player ,He is being paid big money.
so same dog different leg action .

Mate, now you omit the words “one of the” before “highest paid player” and only half quote me to suit your narrative. I know what I wrote. Absolute poor form.

Big Al

I hope the boys are as testy as you guys after yesterday and get stuck into SFC because we have shown they struggle against us and it would be great to get another one over them.

Lets face it we were off the pace yesterday on all aspects but if Moreshe puts that tap in in instead of somehow hooking it back to the penalty spot we would have been 2-2 and all the energy of the young lads flowing through and we would have been a real chance.

This team has grown so much that we can play bad against City and still could have got something from it. Great signs of a good team

Kilsin

I can’t remember either but think we were behind he stuck a leg up and manged to kick it backwards in a crowd. A defender would have been proud
That's exactly what I thought happened, even questioned my mate a few times, "did Moresche kick that backward, away from the goal!?" haha It looked odd from Bay 7 angle but it may have been a deflection as Forum Pheonix said.

Wombat

Definitely missed Nizzi and Miller last night. Lack of games and covid clearly having an impact on our performance.
The midfield was a huge issue for us for us last night. I feel like Monty and Sergio need to take some of the blame here. Whenever we tried to play out, our front three were all in line with City's fullbacks. At times there were four of our players pushed up across their backline, particularly the first half. No one dropping into space to create options. Ballard and Oli looking up to find an option and having to resort to passing it back or playing a long ball. In Cy's defence he was one of the few who would drop wide to provide an option. Our two midfielders would look up and see a disciplined wall of four compact City midfielders and turn and play it back.
What a ballsy move by Monty and Sergio though making those subs at 60min. Really happy to see Cam Windus and James Bayliss make their debut and Harry MacArthy getting some good match time. Boys didn't let us down.
Windus and Hatch were the best of our subs. Bayliss looks interesting. I probably would have brought on Tskenis rather than McCarthy.

Big Al

That's exactly what I thought happened, even questioned my mate a few times, "did Moresche kick that backward, away from the goal!?" haha It looked odd from Bay 7 angle but it may have been a deflection as Forum Pheonix said.
Let’s hope so. It was a very crowded area and it was just a leg out in hope but it would have been a well needed goal.

Probably reflects his luck a bit at the moment. He’s had a few of those not go his way over his time and the Redmayne saves in the FFA Cup was probably the sweetest he has hit the ball since he got here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami