• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matchday 8 - The Simpsons vs The Smurfs

Start Garang?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Tulio’s first “goal” can’t of been that far from crossing the line after it ricocheted off the f**king post …millimeters at best …..but, he got a second one , so , bonza

Ancient Mariner

I’ve been saying Kuzevski will tear shit up - his cameo today proved he’s so ready for this level. So keen to see his future development.
Caught up with him and his family post game - both he and his mum were in absolute tears. My heart is still so full.

edit - I will shamelessly plug this here (Sasha would hate it but soz man) - if you’re looking for an absolute top notch coffee around gosford, his family own and operate Kafich in west Gosford (the shipping container cafe next to Anaconda).
After watching him in the Academy team last year I have been hanging, waiting for him to get a run in the top team.
Good to see him on the pitch.
More please.:thumbup:

booney

A pity events at AAMI overshadowed our game.Bay 16 and the Cove showed how it should be done as well as fans at Jets/Roar and Nix/AU.

Tulio showed his skills and his work was impressive.Beni had a partial return to form and Garang delivered a pinpoint pass and some excellent first touches.However several times he was bundled easily off the ball and he will need to get stronger to succeed in the EPL but at 18 has time on his side.

Kaltak was strong in the air and Hall looking almost back to his old self.I thought Ballard had a good game -he is another youngster who needs to get stronger especially as he has to be robust in the position he is playing.

Michael

I’ve been saying Kuzevski will tear shit up - his cameo today proved he’s so ready for this level. So keen to see his future development.
Caught up with him and his family post game - both he and his mum were in absolute tears. My heart is still so full.

edit - I will shamelessly plug this here (Sasha would hate it but soz man) - if you’re looking for an absolute top notch coffee around gosford, his family own and operate Kafich in west Gosford (the shipping container cafe next to Anaconda).
He did very well after that first 2minutes of pure excitable nervousness where he went way to hard out of the gate, had a giggle at that. But once he settled he was very solid, not out of place at all. Best moment being that run where Donachie fouled him.

Always a proud coastie day when another local kid breaks through!!! He also celebrated the hardest at the final whistle, dropping to his knees and just screaming. f**king love that

Michael

I will say though, Beni whilst playing alright overall, Looked very sluggish and off the pace a lot. Did he catch that stomach bug too? Maybe still getting over it.

I like that Monty was flexible with the tactics and formation. Tulio and Dingo rotating the 10 role, it came at the cost of dingo not being a huge goal threat (ruined my same gamer) but he links the play very well there.

Ozhammer

Good recovery from the disappointment of the Jest game last weekend but the performances of some still a fair way from where they need to be imho and the win was as much about Sydney underperforming as it was about us improving since last week.

My takeaways without the benefit of watching the replay:

Danny cost us another goal with that parry which he needed to hold onto but he did make a couple of other good stops and was better at claiming high balls this week.

Kaltak shaky at first but improved across the game, apparently Triantis has a slight calf issue, which is why he didn’t start.

Hally was generally solid and took his goal well but a couple of his left footed clearances weren’t terribly convincing.

Storm had a solid game defensively but wasn’t able to bring a great deal to our attacking play.

Faz had another disappointing game for mine and perhaps need another break to rediscover his mojo.

Niz and Max both had solid games without being spectacular but it is often hard to stand out when playing as a six and SFC certainly didn’t dominate the middle of the park.

Garang went ok and showed the odd glimpses of his quality but I think yesterday’s game showed why he is perhaps best deployed as an impact sub and his defensive play still needs a lot of work. It was noticeable that Caballo was worried enough to drop off almost every time he got the ball at his feet.

As for Benni, there is clearly something going on there, as he seems to only be a shadow of the player we saw in the latter part of last season and his reluctance to shake Monty or Serge’s hands when he was subbed was noticeable. Not sure why he continues to start over others but he does need to lift his game if he wants to justify being a starting visa player.

Cumdog really hasn’t started this season anywhere near how he finished the last and seems to be caught somewhere between trying to play deep to get involved and being isolated due to the lack of service from midfield. This appears to smack of the way we are setting up and lack of true playmaker linking the mid and forward lines.

Tulio showed yesterday why Monty rates him so highly and how he will be a capable replacement for Garang from January onwards. Worked hard, could have had a hat trick and defended well when required. All round MOTM for mine.

As for the subs, I thought all did ok on the whole, Silvera worked hard but didn’t really overly change the course of the game, similarly Ruhs bought good energy but couldn’t extend our lead to make the game safe. Sash, Nectar and Steeley all played their parts in getting us over the line when Monty went to a 4-2-3-1 to frustrate SFC and we saw how solid Nectar is as a DM, whilst Sash did what Sash does and worked very hard to put SFC on the back foot a little. Loved Steele’s reaction when Sash was deliberately fouled by Donkey but the melee that ensued was all on the ref for not penalising Donkey for a clear professional foul. After dishing out a couple of yellows it was very disappointing to the see VAR in his ear seemingly ruminating for something more and hopefully the crowd yelling bullshit over and over finally got the message through that the twats in the booth are having too much unnecessary influence on games.

So a much needed three points and a good enough performance but the boys still need to be much better, if they genuinely want to challenge for honours this season. Monty needs to settle on an established back line and our attack will need a lot more coordination, especially against the better defences.

Hopefully we can maintain this momentum against the Jest on Weds but there will clearly need to be some rotations, as a few of the boys were spent/cramping towards the end of this game.

COYY ??

Tevor

I thought, apart from the missed foul on Sash, the ref did well. I'd have him any day over the other clowns.
I thought he let a lot go but was consistent for about 70 minutes and then drastically changed in SFC’s favour. There was nothing we did to change that perception in my opinion and to be honest if anything the way Brattan carry’s on about everything he should have been influenced against them. Not picking up those late fouls was very poor form and I was fearful when the VAR was in his ear as it looked like he wanted to give a red and I bet it wasn’t going to be to a SFC player.

Ironbark

Most has been said from my thoughts already so won't repeat.

I watched Vuka closely this game and his first parry that led to a goal - at first I thought he should have caught it but it was a close range rocket. After that he took some sharp catches. I need to see more to know if he still has that extra half second of twitch reaction he needs to stand out at this level. Hoping, but he didn't show me he doesn't have it this time at least.

Michael

I don’t fully understand the hate vuka has been copping. Yeah a few mistakes this season but he’s still one of the best Aussie keepers around. The goal yesterday as has been mentioned was an absolute rocket from close range toward the far side. Vuka first of all did well to even stop the first shot. I still blame Kaltak for simply not tracking Mak and then not getting close enough to block the shot. Danny did nothing wrong there. Everything else he did was fine. A couple times I didn’t like how much we play out from the back.

booney

Most has been said from my thoughts already so won't repeat.

I watched Vuka closely this game and his first parry that led to a goal - at first I thought he should have caught it but it was a close range rocket. After that he took some sharp catches. I need to see more to know if he still has that extra half second of twitch reaction he needs to stand out at this level. Hoping, but he didn't show me he doesn't have it this time at least.
Like you initially I thought he should have caught the shot but it was well hit and placed.Perhaps he could have parried it more to the side.

Tevor

I don’t fully understand the hate vuka has been copping. Yeah a few mistakes this season but he’s still one of the best Aussie keepers around. The goal yesterday as has been mentioned was an absolute rocket from close range toward the far side. Vuka first of all did well to even stop the first shot. I still blame Kaltak for simply not tracking Mak and then not getting close enough to block the shot. Danny did nothing wrong there. Everything else he did was fine. A couple times I didn’t like how much we play out from the back.
I get the playing out from the back in the second half. They were staying deep so we needed to pull them forward to create some room in the middle which we successfully did on many occasions. I think we were all twitchy because of the WC and we could easily have screwed it up. SFC clearly had a tactic all game to not press high as I think they wanted to crowd our midfield and we countered that successfully. Good management by Monty.

true believer

great coffee .

Ancient Mariner

Good recovery from the disappointment of the Jest game last weekend but the performances of some still a fair way from where they need to be imho and the win was as much about Sydney underperforming as it was about us improving since last week.

My takeaways without the benefit of watching the replay:

Danny cost us another goal with that parry which he needed to hold onto but he did make a couple of other good stops and was better at claiming high balls this week.

Kaltak shaky at first but improved across the game, apparently Triantis has a slight calf issue, which is why he didn’t start.

Hally was generally solid and took his goal well but a couple of his left footed clearances weren’t terribly convincing.

Storm had a solid game defensively but wasn’t able to bring a great deal to our attacking play.

Faz had another disappointing game for mine and perhaps need another break to rediscover his mojo.

Niz and Max both had solid games without being spectacular but it is often hard to stand out when playing as a six and SFC certainly didn’t dominate the middle of the park.

Garang went ok and showed the odd glimpses of his quality but I think yesterday’s game showed why he is perhaps best deployed as an impact sub and his defensive play still needs a lot of work. It was noticeable that Caballo was worried enough to drop off almost every time he got the ball at his feet.

As for Benni, there is clearly something going on there, as he seems to only be a shadow of the player we saw in the latter part of last season and his reluctance to shake Monty or Serge’s hands when he was subbed was noticeable. Not sure why he continues to start over others but he does need to lift his game if he wants to justify being a starting visa player.

Cumdog really hasn’t started this season anywhere near how he finished the last and seems to be caught somewhere between trying to play deep to get involved and being isolated due to the lack of service from midfield. This appears to smack of the way we are setting up and lack of true playmaker linking the mid and forward lines.

Tulio showed yesterday why Monty rates him so highly and how he will be a capable replacement for Garang from January onwards. Worked hard, could have had a hat trick and defended well when required. All round MOTM for mine.

As for the subs, I thought all did ok on the whole, Silvera worked hard but didn’t really overly change the course of the game, similarly Ruhs bought good energy but couldn’t extend our lead to make the game safe. Sash, Nectar and Steeley all played their parts in getting us over the line when Monty went to a 4-2-3-1 to frustrate SFC and we saw how solid Nectar is as a DM, whilst Sash did what Sash does and worked very hard to put SFC on the back foot a little. Loved Steele’s reaction when Sash was deliberately fouled by Donkey but the melee that ensued was all on the ref for not penalising Donkey for a clear professional foul. After dishing out a couple of yellows it was very disappointing to the see VAR in his ear seemingly ruminating for something more and hopefully the crowd yelling bullshit over and over finally got the message through that the twats in the booth are having too much unnecessary influence on games.

So a much needed three points and a good enough performance but the boys still need to be much better, if they genuinely want to challenge for honours this season. Monty needs to settle on an established back line and our attack will need a lot more coordination, especially against the better defences.

Hopefully we can maintain this momentum against the Jest on Weds but there will clearly need to be some rotations, as a few of the boys were spent/cramping towards the end of this game.

COYY ??
Good summary not much more I can add after watching the replay.
Just a few things I noticed.
Danny playing out from the back did not look as scary on the replay.
Kaltak does not deserve the panning he got here earlier. The defence caught Sydney nicely a couple of times with the offside trap but get it wrong once and you look a goose. A couple of wayward passes, but he was not Robinson Crusoe. He made a couple of great tackles and won everything g in the air.
Fazz looked better on the replay. A lot of his crosses were poor but there was a very strong wind to deal with.

The way we are set up in attack leaves us very vulnerable to quick counters. Any team with speed and the ability to play precise one touch passes will have us in trouble. Any loss of the ball high up must be smothered immediately.

If we are going to concede on the break our attack still needs to improve. However, Tulio provided creativity that has been missing, he must stay up top and Garang provides a great threat from the wing. I hope the progress in this area can continue.

Work still to be done but a bloody good win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami