• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Matt Simon Appreciation Thread

style_cafe

Dobbie said:
Always enjoyed seeing the "Matty Bites Yer Legs" sign, I guess that'll have to be retired as well :(
Aw man. I hope not. Fond memories of chasing down a thieving scummer at Newcastle away a couple of years ago who tried to souvenir that sign.
Side note - how slow must old mate have been for me to be able to catch him, let alone me 12 schooners deep! ?

And me with a wooden leg.
That dickhead made me miss Matty`s goal that night too.

The sign however,lives on.
It`ll probably have it`s swansong on the weekend though, but i`m not sure after that.
I`d love to have fans come up and have their photo`s taken with it on Saturday,that would be cool.
Then after that it would be nice to have it framed with Matty`s photo and hung in the building somewhere.
I`ll have to have a chat with Shaun and Matty about that.

Also, there`s a new banner about to go into production,hopefully it`ll be ready for Saturday night... :popcorn:

style_cafe

We all knew it was coming, but like most of us I was hoping to see him play just one more time, if only for a few fleeting moments.
To see Matty run out onto Central Coast Stadium one last time,to inspire the next generation.
Maybe he has already done that though.
Players like Nizzy, Balard, Steele,Hall etc will all benefit from training and playing with Matty as has many before them.
To Mariner`s fans he was an inspirational player.
A player who gave everything he had, the epitome of what we (as a club) are all about.
He`ll long be remembered by the Gosford faithfull as a Mariner`s Legend.
His opponents though will be thankful he`s gone, for there was never an A League player that was such a pain in the arse than MATTY SIMON!

Thanks for the memories,we`ll miss you...:overheadl::thumbup::overheadl::thumbup::overheadl::thumbup:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami