• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Member forum 2 Feb... and Gold/Platinum seating changes

Tevor

The whole tone of the email sounds like the Club is working hand in hand with the stadium management. Not like we have been royally screwed by the atrium management and we are fighting for our members interests.
Add to that they have a forum to discuss it at short notice sent at 7.45pm on a Friday night.
Sounds very much like pollies releasing unpopular decisions on the eve of a Melbourne Cup in the hope that it will miss the main news.
So the Chairman’s email now makes more sense. Tell everyone we are losing heaps of money so those that get shafted don’t feel so bad and it’s all for the greater good. This was clearly coming for a while but has been kept quiet and now strategically released along with the fan forum. Nice one CCM.

Last edited:

rbakersmith

So reading the stadium membership this starts now and not at the end of the season. You can now buy the stadium membership starting Jan 2023. So do they not get to sit in the seats for this match?
This change starts from the end of the season. You've been able to buy stadium memberships already, they just haven't provided access to the affected bays.

If this was to apply from today (unlikely, as we haven't been provided with new seats) then that would be grounds for a partial refund of memberships.

Tevor

This change starts from the end of the season. You've been able to buy stadium memberships already, they just haven't provided access to the affected bays.

If this was to apply from today (unlikely, as we haven't been provided with new seats) then that would be grounds for a partial refund of memberships.
Thanks as that part didn’t make sense given you can buy the stadium membership starting this month.

Rising Sun

So reading the stadium membership this starts now and not at the end of the season. You can now buy the stadium membership starting Jan 2023. So do they not get to sit in the seats for this match?
Because nobody has bought any yet I would imagine. Locking Mariners out of these plays is a marketing ploy to sell the stadium membership, not to accommodate the hundreds of people who have already bought them.

FFC Mariner

Gee, first was the email that was a call to arms and get more people to the games and now four bays who pay the most membership get shafted. All seems like a bit of a cluster at the moment and the left hand isn’t talking to the right. I’m not impacted however feel so sorry for those that are. I was annoyed about moving a row when we had to social distance. Shaun has been talking up Venues live as well, the Club must have known this was coming from the beginning. I’m not able to make the forum but sounds like it isn’t going to be all that pleasant.
Coincidence? I think not.

FFC Mariner

I assume the main reason for the forum is to placate fans and work toward palatable alternatives for them to remain Mariners members not stadium members.

As for changing the decision - Venues Live is a NSW government agency so I would be looking towards the politicians to see what influence we can have. I would certainly be inviting Adam Crouch as guest of honour on Thursday to explain why an agency of his government is screwing us over, and what he is doing about it (with an election handily around the corner).
The soon to be unemployed Adam Crouch? Bloke is a speed bump. Useless, gutless drone. Hopefully there is a decent teal prepared to put him out of his misery
If it's not to do with his beloved Terrigal he could care less.
Laurie's mate from Woy Woy would at least listen .

pjennings

I assume the main reason for the forum is to placate fans and work toward palatable alternatives for them to remain Mariners members not stadium members.

As for changing the decision - Venues Live is a NSW government agency so I would be looking towards the politicians to see what influence we can have. I would certainly be inviting Adam Crouch as guest of honour on Thursday to explain why an agency of his government is screwing us over, and what he is doing about it (with an election handily around the corner).
NSW Venues is the NSW govt agency I think. As much as I think he is a waste of space as a Coast spokesperson I don't think we can slate this home to him.

As for Venues Live I hope this is just a try on.

Let's assume that they are going put on a lot more events. Surely the best way to get customers would be to work with the club and see if a some platinum members would consider an add-on to the club membership for all event access (i.e. the club keeps there membership). Otherwise it looks like they are just pissing off their main tenant for no good (or even bad) reason. Seems to be a stupid decision from a business point of view (without knowing their plans).

Note - I'm not affected by this (at the moment).

Tevor

NSW Venues is the NSW govt agency I think. As much as I think he is a waste of space as a Coast spokesperson I don't think we can slate this home to him.

As for Venues Live I hope this is just a try on.

Let's assume that they are going put on a lot more events. Surely the best way to get customers would be to work with the club and see if a some platinum members would consider an add-on to the club membership for all event access (i.e. the club keeps there membership). Otherwise it looks like they are just pissing off their main tenant for no good (or even bad) reason. Seems to be a stupid decision from a business point of view (without knowing their plans).

Note - I'm not affected by this (at the moment).
It’s a try on as much as the Sydney GF decision. This is what Venues live do at all the stadiums they manage. If you become a stadium member there is no correlation with CCM. You get a stadium members cap and lanyard. Club has sacrificed I’m guessing about 1k of its highest amount and most dedicated members. Peil is becoming MC version 2 very quickly. Fans don’t matter.

Ancient Mariner

Seriously, I am considering walking away.
Too many years trying to maintain hope and supporting a basket case that should have been put down in the hope of a better future.
And now with a possible light at the end of the tunnel to be kicked.

ENOUGH.

I will reserve my decision until I know the facts, but it is not looking good.

Tevor

Seriously, I am considering walking away.
Too many years trying to maintain hope and supporting a basket case that should have been put down in the hope of a better future.
And now with a possible light at the end of the tunnel to be kicked.

ENOUGH.

I will reserve my decision until I know the facts, but it is not looking good.
Totally understandable in my opinion. I would feel exactly the same if it happened to me. Rich seems to just want paid up members who don’t attend matches. Must be more money in it. The Stadium has been the clubs Achilles heel all along.

Tevor

The club went through multiple alternatives with Venues Live but this was the least worst outcome.
Unfortunately, it’s not like the club can outright say to VL “no, you can’t do what you want with the stadium that you manage”.
Would hate to see the other alternatives. Why did Shaun always paint a positive picture about VL if they were always going to shaft members? That is not being honest with your true fans in my opinion.

pjennings

Still can't see how Venues Live can convince enough people to fork out that kind of money while simultaneously passing off your most regular patrons.

If you had 13 home games plus another 20 odd events with mass appeal then you could see value. But they are yet to demonstrate that they will deliver anything meaningful.

true believer

The soon to be unemployed Adam Crouch? Bloke is a speed bump. Useless, gutless drone. Hopefully there is a decent teal prepared to put him out of his misery
If it's not to do with his beloved Terrigal he could care less.
Laurie's mate from Woy Woy would at least listen .
you should run for mayor FFC .oooh thats right .we don't have the right to vote !!

adz

Staff member
Would hate to see the other alternatives. Why did Shaun always paint a positive picture about VL if they were always going to shaft members? That is not being honest with your true fans in my opinion.

Not sure what the benefit of saying "VL is shit and will shaft everyone" or something like that would have been? Even now, we still have to work with them.

Ancient Mariner

The club went through multiple alternatives with Venues Live but this was the least worst outcome.
Unfortunately, it’s not like the club can outright say to VL “no, you can’t do what you want with the stadium that you manage”.
I no longer care who's fault it is.
I am sick of being the victim and on the receiving end of all the shit.
Years of under investment, shit coaches, pretend salary cap, VAR, Keep-Up, New saviour with a suspicious try before you buy deal, or gain some experience to put on your CV for the Canberra licence bid, Paramount , Shaun Evans, VAR, A league management.

"You are a valued foundation member, encourage your friends to join, here cop this!"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred