• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Member forum 2 Feb... and Gold/Platinum seating changes

Thanks Josh for your summary. Much appreciated.

Why the f*** didn't they communicate that, instead of letting some of us worry all week after their initial statement saying these seats would be resumed.

Follows up questions.
Is there a cut off date when they give up on the idea of stadium membership or is this going to be a sword of Damocles hanging over our heads indefinitely?
If they get 200 members signing up expecting seats next week where are they going to seat them?
What are the Club's plans if they get the 500 members and this goes ahead?

Were any of these questions addressed at the meeting?

Maybe they may answer the phone now and answer these questions.
Thanks Ancient Mariner would love to ring you but i dont know who you are on here so here is my mobile number please ring me 0409044111

Rising Sun

Rich is pretty transparent with a lot of things which is nice.
Rich is here for 2 and a half more years. Can't afford to take 2 million dollar losses.
Call me an old cynic (and you are right on both counts) but the bloke who sold me the harbour bridge yesterday was also very transparent (about his reasons for sale, current profitability etc). I reckon I have got a bargain.

We are having a best years in ages for revenue - transfer income likely well above the target that Richard mentioned in the ftbl article, huge windfall from the WC and a healthy rise in attendance. But we are still running at a loss he can't afford? If he is being transparent then Mike sold him a bridge, but otherwise he is trying to sell us a bridge

Rising Sun

I wouldn’t bet against them selling 500 if they have the right connections to the corporate world.

They wouldn’t be selling to individuals like you and me. They would be selling to companies to try and take them as part of employee packages and possibly as an alternative to a corporate box the companies buy a few seats and “lend” their seats to customers or potential customers they are trying to win over.
You are right about the market but the corporate world is not that big on the Coast - they might sell 50 that way but can't see 500. (And if they do sell anywhere close to 500 then it would suggest the Mariners may have missed an opportunity in this area.)

turbo

We are having a best years in ages for revenue - transfer income likely well above the target that Richard mentioned in the ftbl article, huge windfall from the WC and a healthy rise in attendance. But we are still running at a loss he can't afford? If he is being transparent then Mike sold him a bridge, but otherwise he is trying to sell us a bridge
Yeah that doesn’t pass the pub test. Maybe they’re running that loss because they’ve invested in a bunch of one off things but that needs to be mentioned, not treating fans like idiots.

Ancient Mariner

I am still a little concerned about what will happen in 2 1/2 years.

I also find it interesting that someone who does not own any portion of CCM can refuse 8 offers to purchase.

I am a very old cynic who gave up buying the harbour bridge after my fifth purchase. I seem to remember owners running the league would fix everything was the last one.

Tevor

I am still a little concerned about what will happen in 2 1/2 years.

I also find it interesting that someone who does not own any portion of CCM can refuse 8 offers to purchase.

I am a very old cynic who gave up buying the harbour bridge after my fifth purchase. I seem to remember owners running the league would fix everything was the last one.
Correct, only Mike can sell the Club from my understanding. Rich was the stupid one agreeing to fund the football department for three years including paying Mike rent. Half way through year one and his is having a pretty good whinge about the hole in the ground he is throwing money into. I feel he also may be worrying the Gym business is going to see some hard times with the cost of living things like gym memberships are luxury items and easily cast off.

midfielder

Deep within my soul my suspensions have always believed there are offers for the club but my guess they are small my second suspension is RP is an astute and clever business person, and given the state of the league he has agreed what Mike wants but will only pay if the league as a whole can support itself.

The 8K average IMO is one of a number of conditions RP wants.....

Crowds overall are down if profitability is the measuring stick, and way down, WU & the Cows are less than NSL numbers, M City for a team of there quality crowds are woeful....

P+ ratings and promotion has not lived up to the hype.... APL seems to be out of its depth....

Aside from the big four of SFC, WSW, MV & MC all the other teams have issues with the way things are being run and even MV are seeming to side with the others....

Unless things improve the A-L cannot continue as it is something has to give.... the civil war where everyone torn into the A-L has damaged the brand and we need some kinda circuit breaker to get things moving again...

With MLS, China, The Middle East & The J & K leagues all growing, signing big names is out of the question.

RP again my opinion I stress no inside info, has essentially placed an each way bet, either the A-L finds a way to regrow or it falls over... and if it does fall over he will be in a good position should he want to start his own CC team, in a new professional league...

JoyfulPenguin

Deep within my soul my suspensions have always believed there are offers for the club but my guess they are small my second suspension is RP is an astute and clever business person, and given the state of the league he has agreed what Mike wants but will only pay if the league as a whole can support itself.

Crowds overall are down if profitability is the measuring stick, and way down, WU & the Cows are less than NSL numbers, M City for a team of there quality crowds are woeful....

P+ ratings and promotion has not lived up to the hype.... APL seems to be out of its depth....

Aside from the big four of SFC, WSW, MV & MC all the other teams have issues with the way things are being run and even MV are seeming to side with the others....

Unless things improve the A-L cannot continue as it is something has to give.... the civil war where everyone torn into the A-L has damaged the brand and we need some kinda circuit breaker to get things moving again...

With MLS, China, The Middle East & The J & K leagues all growing, signing big names is out of the question.

RP again my opinion I stress no inside info, has essentially placed an each way bet, either the A-L finds a way to regrow or it falls over... and if it does fall over he will be in a good position should he want to start his own CC team, in a new professional league...
Worst case scenario for him I reckon is that this stint as our owner gives him more credibility pushing for a Canberra Mens side.

Tevor

All points back to the APL and the big clubs now running the league. They are all in it for the money but have killed their own product. It will not be supported but the FA needs to take the league back for it to survive in my opinion. It is in a very bad position overall and is not financially viable moving forward in my opinion. RIP the APL

Coastalraider

All points back to the APL and the big clubs now running the league. They are all in it for the money but have killed their own product. It will not be supported but the FA needs to take the league back for it to survive in my opinion. It is in a very bad position overall and is not financially viable moving forward in my opinion. RIP the APL
To be fair, you also have to consider the environmental factors. The APL started with 2 years of reduced or removed crowds plus increased overheads in travel and protocol management due to covid. They also inherited a broadcaster who didn’t care about the sport, and offered a token broadcast deal that was not an offer that would be accepted. They didn’t ‘choose’ Paramount over Fox, the fox offer meant it was never close to a sustainable offer. When you add in a continued decline in TV numbers, and crowd numbers, it’s one hell of a corner they are now in financially, and not ALL of their making. While we collectively hate the idea of a
Sydney grand final every year, it’s somewhat understandable to keep the league going.

In that context, the 2 mill loss we are looking at may be across the board - I’d wager there would be few, if any teams close to a profit this season.

JoyfulPenguin

To be fair, you also have to consider the environmental factors. The APL started with 2 years of reduced or removed crowds plus increased overheads in travel and protocol management due to covid. They also inherited a broadcaster who didn’t care about the sport, and offered a token broadcast deal that was not an offer that would be accepted. They didn’t ‘choose’ Paramount over Fox, the fox offer meant it was never close to a sustainable offer. When you add in a continued decline in TV numbers, and crowd numbers, it’s one hell of a corner they are now in financially, and not ALL of their making. While we collectively hate the idea of a
Sydney grand final every year, it’s somewhat understandable to keep the league going.

In that context, the 2 mill loss we are looking at may be across the board - I’d wager there would be few, if any teams close to a profit this season.
I don't accept this from the APL at all, they wanted independence so badly they tore the professional game apart in this country.

Now they want to complain about the financial cost of that? Complain about having to take responsibility for all the decisions they begged to be able to make? Complain about the the repercussions of the incredibly undemocratic, EVEN FOR APL OWNERS, decision making process they created to rule our professional game with?

They made their bed and now they get to lie in it.

Rising Sun

I don't accept this from the APL at all, they wanted independence so badly they tore the professional game apart in this country.

Now they want to complain about the financial cost of that? Complain about having to take responsibility for all the decisions they begged to be able to make? Complain about the the repercussions of the incredibly undemocratic, EVEN FOR APL OWNERS, decision making process they created to rule our professional game with?

They made their bed and now they get to lie in it.
Spot on.

Covid definitely had an impact (as it did for every sport - and most businesses.

All the other problems are what they claimed they were going to fix if they got control

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami