• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Owners?

FFC Mariner

Their last football investment didnt go too well. Paying Mark Bridge $2k a week to play NSWPL2 then they pulled the rug out and the football club almost/did go broke.

Suspect they are looking at licensed clubs up here not us

style_cafe

Mounties are a massive club, sorta sit between Liverpool and Cabramatta ...

They are a leagues club mainly but given were they are located do have an understanding of Football... could be the worst or best owner... I remember when Parramatta ran Parramatta Power in the old NSL.... was not a great success... having a bunch of leagueies in charge of a Football cubs needs IMO considerable conditions....
Mounties started there life as a Football club back in the late 60`s.
That`s where & when I started playing.... :popcorn:

Michael

Their last football investment didnt go too well. Paying Mark Bridge $2k a week to play NSWPL2 then they pulled the rug out and the football club almost/did go broke.

Suspect they are looking at licensed clubs up here not us

you could say that about Marconi as well, remember their rumoured $1 mill squad whilst in NPL2?
Any NPL side that spends stupid amounts on ex pro’s isn’t intelligent IMO. The financial rewards for winning anything in NPL aren’t worth it. Same as any local central coast club. Doesn’t make sense.

Ancient Mariner

OK, here we go.

Aren't we lucky that MC did not find a buyer? :popcorn:

Before your get the rope and start looking for a tree, consider what we have and what you want.

We are unique in the whole A-League.

We are the smallest club, we are a regional club, we are small and we have a great development programme.

We have a roadmap to fan ownership.

After many years of trying the philosophy of MC and the Club has been shown to work. Whether that came about by choice or necessity is immaterial. We have finally started getting the right people in the right places and the results show a massive efficiency result in dollar terms.

We are developing exciting youngsters, whose progression and success is far more thrilling and satisfying than buying overpriced(even skilful) overseas players looking for a transition to retirement in the sun. We have seen what selective use of experienced players can bring to the development philosophy as a whole. I would rather see one Marco than any two journeymen no matter how skilful.

WE ARE A MODEL FOR THE FUTURE OF FOOTBALL IN AUSTRALIA.

Our model is the best way to build a strong national team.

We are not expected to do well. The buzz when we do well the buzz cannot be beaten.

There will be more tough time and trials ahead in terms of results.

However where would you rather be? Supporting Sydney or Melbourne City where the season is a failure if you do not buy the silverware?

This season has shown me what is possible.

I know where I want to be. :overheadl:

Rising Sun

A lot of excellent points AM

Definitely have the right people in the right places now - we have had the right CEO for some time, Ken as head of football seems to have been the missing piece in the jigsaw. And once you have the right people at the top, then by extension they get the right people in the other roles.

One of the positives about MC (based on what Shaun has said in the past) is that, whilst he is actively engaged in the running of the club, he seems happy to let Ken and Shaun do their job and he will back them to the best of his somewhat limited resources. He is not on an ego trip and treating us as a play thing.
His biggest flaw is that he is not mega rich - but like you say, it wouldn't be as sweet if he was just buying us success. And having a (supposedly) mega rich owner doesn't always work out well e.g. Palmer, Tinkler, Bakrie, Lee.

So with a lot of things potentially starting to come together, I am happy to stick with the "devil we know" and wouldn't be concerned if Mike took us off the market. We could do better but we could also do a lot worse.

Corsair

Don't forget that it's looking likely a second division will be introduced year after next along with relegation.

If we got relegated the value of the club would drop significantly, maybe there's some long term motivation coming from that.

pjennings

Don't forget that it's looking likely a second division will be introduced year after next along with relegation.

If we got relegated the value of the club would drop significantly, maybe there's some long term motivation coming from that.
At this stage there is nothing about promotion and relegation between the A-League and the NSD. there is, however, an undertaking to have promotion and relegation between a NSD and the NPLs beneath them from the beginning.

Corsair

Well sounds unlikely for a couple of years, if it does happen how do you think it would affect us? Reckon it'd be 2 teams relegated or 1? If we went down would we ever come back up,...

Wombat

If you are willing to pay for it the Talisker 18 is worth hunting down. For an affordable Islay, I have found Bowmore 12 to be very drinkable, a bit milder on the peat. Glenmorangie 10 is a very affordable malt that would be the best value for money Speyside (would still be acceptable at a much higher price).I
A lot depends on what style you prefer ranging from a heavily peated Islay to a delicate Speyside, and then you can add the effects of sherry or other casks used in the finishing.
Slàinte
I have given up on the Talisker which i liked alot. It gave me bad lungs like i had smoked 20 B & H. I left half a bottle at our accom on Magnetic Island so someone is going to be very happy.

Wombat

I think even Pikey enjoyed the success we had last season after spending a little bit of money. He is not a stupid man and has finally seen that investment = success. Success breeds investment. Investment brings profit. Pikey got his first taste of success and im sure it was sweeter than the shit sandwiches he has been forcefeeding himself for the last 6 turgid seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami