• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

New Owners?

Wombat

I was in Gosso today and ended up in the bottle shop (strangely lol). I had my Mariners mask on so the check out chick sparked up a conversation. She told me she was finished with the Mariners because she cant handle a club that lies to its fans and it coach. I told her MC has lied to us every year, what has changed?? She reckons MC told Staj if he got the club to top 6 he told him would fund them properly the following year but reneged on the promise and then "sacked" Staj when they argued about it.

Interesting theory???? Probably not massively far from the truth.

Ozhammer

I was in Gosso today and ended up in the bottle shop (strangely lol). I had my Mariners mask on so the check out chick sparked up a conversation. She told me she was finished with the Mariners because she cant handle a club that lies to its fans and it coach. I told her MC has lied to us every year, what has changed?? She reckons MC told Staj if he got the club to top 6 he told him would fund them properly the following year but reneged on the promise and then "sacked" Staj when they argued about it.

Not the version of the story that I have heard Wombat but I doubt we will ever know the whole truth sadly.

Staj was on record as saying MC told him what the budget was and stuck to that, so not sure he would rashly have committed to something like what is being suggested by your sauce (see what I did there?). Plus evidence would suggest with the signings so far that sufficient money is available to build a competitive roster, which is presumably the same as what would have been made available to Staj, had he stayed.

Staj did a great job and is a good person but I am confident Monty will build on the foundation he laid down.

Ancient Mariner

Too many people believing false rumours and then being disappointed.

Sort of like the Hillsong guy in the US who did not need a ventilator when in ICU because god would protect him.

He was disappointed in the end.

turbo

She reckons MC told Staj if he got the club to top 6 he told him would fund them properly the following year but reneged on the promise
Let’s say he did say that back when he took over from Mulvey. A whole lot has happened since then so could I hold it against him? Not really.

But it does show how jaded some are with his ownership that she would consider being done after finishing 3rd. There’s only one way to fix that and it’ll take time and a whole bunch of money. That said now probably isn’t the time to expect big investment unless we get some wins like stadium rights.

priorpeter

Didn’t happen to be the BWS in Gosford by any chance?

scottmac

Suspended
MC also said that he will fully fund the squad when there is an independent A-League. Doesn’t mean anyone should believe him.
Did he say he would "fully" fund it or did he say he would be more able to fund it? Not forgetting that that statement was also more than likely pre covid.
Semantics really. Guy will still be an arse hat to the overwhelming majority no matter what happens

Wombat

Didn’t happen to be the BWS in Gosford by any chance?
BING BING BING. I have had a few interesting chats with her. Am I guessing she is the sister of the little bloke that thought he could do your job?????

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami