• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Nick Carle to Bristol City......

serious14

Socceroos midfielder Nick Carle has completed his move to high-flying English Championship club Bristol City.

The former Newcastle Jets midfielder and A-League player of the year signed a three-year deal with Bristol after becoming unsettled at Turkish Super Lig side Genclerbirligi.

Carle watched City's 2-1 FA Cup loss to Middlesbrough from the stands last Saturday but could be included in the squad to face Colchester at home this weekend.

With the transfer, believed to be worth around A$1.13 million, completed Carle said he was looking forward to helping the club's charge towards Premier League promotion.

Bristol are currently joint Championship leaders alongside West Bromwich Albion and Watford.

"The team has been doing brilliant for the past two seasons and they're doing fantastically well at the moment," Carle told the club's website.

"I'm looking forward to the challenge to add my bit to the team when I can."

"I can see why the team is doing so well. The boys are great and the coaching set-up and everything around the club is excellent."

Carle said he sought advice from two of Bristol's former Australian players before accepting the move.

"I spoke to Luke Wilkshire (now with Dutch club FC Twente) and Adam Federici (Reading)," Carle said.

"I did a bit of research and it all came back very positive."

"That made me, my wife and my little boy all the happier to be making the move."

Carle was targeted by Bristol following his impressive performance in the Socceroos' 1-0 friendly win over Nigeria at Craven Cottage in November, his first international start.

Bristol coach Gary Johnson said he was attracted by Carle's versatility.

"He's a quality player who can play all across the midfield," Johnson said.

"He's just hit the international scene and I feel we've got him here at just the right time."

All I can really say is - buh bye to all that creativity....... hope he can perfect a decent long ball.    :-\  :redcard:

Mariner Girl

Some of these Footballer's Managers have a lot to answer for. Let's face it - how many dumb moves have a number of our stars made over the past few seasons? :headbutt:

northernspirit

whats dumb about it? Carle isnt EPL quality (yet), and the club he has joined has a genuine chance at promotion... i think its a good move personally

Newieutd

northernspirit said:
whats dumb about it? Carle isnt EPL quality (yet), and the club he has joined has a genuine chance at promotion... i think its a good move personally

I think she was referring to the turkey move as a dumb one

adz

Staff member
I had a call from a very upset Bristol City fan about this the other day ;D

ryan

He's more suited to Spain or Italy. Despite the Newcastle link he is a good player but as already stated his creativity will get kicked out of him. I'd be surprised if he plays much and if they do get promoted the time he spends on the bench will see him sold off anyway. It could be a very bad move.. for the sake of the national team i hope i am wrong.

Mariner Girl

northernspirit said:
Newieutd said:
northernspirit said:

I think she was referring to the turkey move as a dumb one

I kind of was referring to both - a wasted season in Turkey and his skills being stifled in the Champions League.
I know he played for Newcastle etc etc, but he is a bloody good player and will more than likely have a major role to play in the 2010 World Cup. I just don't want all that talent go to crap. :tophat:

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Speaking of Jets players heading overseas....everyones mate Joel " Midas " Griffiths looks to be heading to Nippon ...well Joel Old mate..if you get to japan......I HOPE YA PISS OFF THE YAKUZA, you gormless f**k

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred