• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A league games 2022/23

turbo

Terrible game, worst of the weekend.
Wellington v Adelaide wasn’t much better tbh.

and yeah the wrestling was garbage. Ref needs to do his job and protect players, there is no acceptable reason to be throwing players to the ground. First time yellow card and the issue goes away. Not hard for a competent ref, which Kurt Ams isn’t of course.

JoyfulPenguin

Just finished watching Wanderers v Glory and yikes that was an average performance from both teams.

Wanderers didn't deserve to win, both teams could hardly string a forward pass together. Borello/Cleur/Amalfitano the really only "bright" spots.

More performances like that will see both Glory and Wanderers back at the bottom of the table.

JoyfulPenguin

Wellington against the Reds was a weird game.

Even before the red card Wellington played incredibly defensively and looked relatively uninteristed in getting forward.

Despite having the ball nearly the whole game Adelaide had absolutely no ideas going forward. Without Goodwin Adelaide will struggle and Phoenix seemed scared of the ball.

turbo

More performances like that will see both Glory and Wanderers back at the bottom of the table.
Yeah that didn’t do either of them any favours in my eyes. Long way to go to look cohesive. Not many convincing performances this round and Sydney probably better than anyone other than Victory or City despite copping the loss.

turbo

Wellington against the Reds was a weird game.

Even before the red card Wellington played incredibly defensively and looked relatively uninteristed in getting forward.

Despite having the ball nearly the whole game Adelaide had absolutely no ideas going forward. Without Goodwin Adelaide will struggle and Phoenix seemed scared of the ball.
Adelaide had no point to their attack. Ibusuki being suspended left them with Blackwood leading the line. And their X factor kid Irankunda was at the U17s qualifiers killing it. But yeah uncharacteristically lame attack from Adelaide.

Tevor

I watched every game that was on this weekend, a bonus of the weather I guess. Early stages but noticed the following;
-City; some good additions and a strong side just unfit at the moment.
-Shitney; better than last year for sure however defence is suspect and if Wilko is injured long term they will struggle.
-Vuk; as expected and a good side.
-Roar; not much better than last season.
-Cows; looked ordinary so maybe a Cup hangover or just looked heaps better against NPL opposition. The new diving champions of the league, Arzani has been learning off Devilla.
-Nix; always start the season slow look to be a better side than last year.
-Reds: a lot of missing players and don’t travel well but really struggled against a 10 man side for over an hour.
-Drive Byes; Rudan talking up team cohesion before the game but they looked liked they just met each other for the first time yesterday. Looks like the pressure might get too much.
-Glory; Spooners again and first manager to go. Did not play like a team and no game plan at all.
-Homeless United; gee looked ordinary for the defending champions. I’ll call it now, they will not make the 6. With the pressure of defending champions and an ACL campaign they will struggle. JA with same game plan and City showed how to beat it. Young did well to keep the goals to only 2.

turbo

-Cows; looked ordinary so maybe a Cup hangover or just looked heaps better against NPL opposition. The new diving champions of the league, Arzani has been learning off Devilla.
I thought the NPL sides made them look sharper than they are. Not sure Toure is ready to be their lead striker but I like that he’s got the chance. Also Brisbane almost scored a few times early. Defence hasn’t been tested against a quality side.

-Homeless United; gee looked ordinary for the defending champions. I’ll call it now, they will not make the 6. With the pressure of defending champions and an ACL
Their game plan needs a clinical finisher like Prijovic who can work with limited chances. DWH isn’t that player. I reckon Prijovic gets at least one from the wasted WU chances of he’s out there. Lacroix having probably his worst AL game doesn’t help either. He’s prone to the odd stinker but is typically pretty decent.

style_cafe

I watched every game that was on this weekend, a bonus of the weather I guess. Early stages but noticed the following;
-City; some good additions and a strong side just unfit at the moment.
-Shitney; better than last year for sure however defence is suspect and if Wilko is injured long term they will struggle.
-Vuk; as expected and a good side.
-Roar; not much better than last season.
-Nix; always start the season slow look to be a better side than last year.
-Reds: a lot of missing players and don’t travel well but really struggled against a 10 man side for over an hour.
-Drive Byes; Rudan talking up team cohesion before the game but they looked liked they just met each other for the first time yesterday. Looks like the pressure might get too much.
-Glory; Spooners again and first manager to go. Did not play like a team and no game plan at all.
-Homeless United; gee looked ordinary for the defending champions. I’ll call it now, they will not make the 6. With the pressure of defending champions and an ACL campaign they will struggle. JA with same game plan and City showed how to beat it. Young did well to keep the goals to only 2.
Good round up mate except for Adelaide who started with only one new face on the field... :popcorn:
or so the commentary team said

Tevor

Good round up mate except for Adelaide who started with only one new face on the field... :popcorn:
or so the commentary team said
They had 6 unavailable apparently, the Japanese striker most notably the others where not as important to their first team. As turbo pointed out they were pretty toothless in attack and lucky with their goal which was wind effected and found O’Halloran unmarked. Goodwin still looks underdone and will be a while off starting.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

3 games is ridiculous. Definitely a red card, but he slipped.

Thing is, if he had made the choice to say 'f**k it' and 2-foot the guy despite the ball never being anywhere near the ground, I'd say 3 weeks would be inadequate - so I can't understand the logic at all.

Had he kept his feet, it'd be a card the other way for the studs-first high foot (by the letter of the law, the dangerous kick by AU should still have been dealt with)

FFC Mariner

3 games is ridiculous. Definitely a red card, but he slipped.

Thing is, if he had made the choice to say 'f**k it' and 2-foot the guy despite the ball never being anywhere near the ground, I'd say 3 weeks would be inadequate - so I can't understand the logic at all.

Had he kept his feet, it'd be a card the other way for the studs-first high foot (by the letter of the law, the dangerous kick by AU should still have been dealt with)
I suppose they should just be glad Adelaide weren't awarded a penalty too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred