• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Other A league games 2022/23

pjennings

Cre
I'm fairly sure those studies also show that it's not all calls that fall to this bias. It's almost always the big calls like cards, penalties and goal scoring moments. Funny thing is that VAR hasn't changed this subconscious bias. If VAR is going to remain a thing which it obviously is, with the technology available to this current age I'd love to see VAR officiated by other league's. French VAR team sitting in judgement of English games German for Spanish etc etc.

And it won't. Unless it is a 'clear and obvious error' it will always just support the bias.

JoyfulPenguin

Still don't understand how we lost to Perth.

They don't even seem to have a proper game plan. Their side is full of at least competent A-League level players yet they seem completely incapable of stringing a pass together.

Also don't understand how Perth produce so little players despite having an entire state to themselves.

turbo

Still don't understand how we lost to Perth.
Post game Monty alluded to the squad being overconfident going in and it being the shock they needed drawing weigh Wellington then losing to Perth. Seems we learned that lesson quickly.
As to why Perth are crap I feel like they’re just treading water waiting for a season where their home games aren’t ruined.

Tevor

Always thought the cows defence was suspect and they were just lucky with poor finishing in the first few rounds. Nix ripped them to threads in the second half, good to see.

turbo

Always thought the cows defence was suspect and they were just lucky with poor finishing in the first few rounds. Nix ripped them to threads in the second half, good to see.
Bulls have always had good keepers doing some serious heavy lifting, Federici was fantastic and Kurto has been mostly great too. They should improve when they get Susnjar and Davila back.

What I find weird about Macarthur is they’ve supposedly got money to throw around yet their bench is pretty thin.

StensnessGOAT

What I find weird about Macarthur is they’ve supposedly got money to throw around yet their bench is pretty thin.
And they do because their signings since they came in look real good on paper. Brought over Ulyses Davila after his season at Wellington where he was basically best player in the league. Brought over Danny de Silva from us after his career best season. Got Toure across from Adelaide, another big talent. Got Craig Noone across. Managed to be the team that got Arzani. Baccus, Rose, Kurto. Previously Federici, Franjic and Milligan. These are some decent names on this A-League scene. Managed to lure Lewis Miller away with money too, were supposedly in the hunt for Jack Rodwell and dogged us by not following through and bringing Cesc Fabregas to the A-League. Not sure where they’ve got their money from, because they are about as irrelevant a professional sporting club as you could find in Australia.

Hasn’t really translated to league success though.

StensnessGOAT

I only posted that to make the nothing personal joke, but I actually agree with him though, like the buyback thing of his jerseys is f**king cringe and childish lmao.

and he does actually deserve more respect for probably being a greatest player in their history, who they pushed out?? He probably didn’t have any other realistic options to continue his career after that. If he left by his own choice to go to WSW I’d get the hate, but they pushed him out? Plus didn’t they do the same thing with Jack Rodwell?

Tevor

Gee Victory look ordinary without Brimmer, Reds have been all over them but only up by one. I don’t see this Victory side winning much silver wear this year and showed how poor the scum where last week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred