• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pat “packers” Tatum

Michael

Wasn’t sure which thread to post this.
But just wanted to acknowledge Pat “packers” Tatum’s tenure at the club in his various roles. Pat is very good mate of mine, have known him since I was 5 years old through my soccer club when he was the president and over the years he became a family friend along with the rest of his family. Eventually he became the team manager in the years I played first grade, literally setting up all the training gear Tuesday’s and thursdays by himself having eskies of water ready to go for the 25-30 man squad every single time and perhaps pumping the balls up a little too much. Cooking BBQ’s after Tuesday trainings when we had a win on Sunday. Giving lifts to the lads that didn’t have a license yet etc. Even when I left that club for a rival and was sent off in my first game against them, Pat came into the away sheds and took the time to console me. Absolute gentleman. The finest man I’ve ever met in central coast football in 25 years, bar none. No doubt CCM know how lucky they were to have such a fiercely loyal and beautiful souled bloke in their ranks. And that Keep Up article yesterday admittedly brought a happy tear to my eye knowing he got some well deserved recognition. The man deserves to finally relax with his equally as wonderful wife, kids and grand kids by the pool.

I’m sure anyone on this forum that crossed paths with Pat can attest to his greatness.

BaysideMariner

Wasn’t sure which thread to post this.
But just wanted to acknowledge Pat “packers” Tatum’s tenure at the club in his various roles. Pat is very good mate of mine, have known him since I was 5 years old through my soccer club when he was the president and over the years he became a family friend along with the rest of his family. Eventually he became the team manager in the years I played first grade, literally setting up all the training gear Tuesday’s and thursdays by himself having eskies of water ready to go for the 25-30 man squad every single time and perhaps pumping the balls up a little too much. Cooking BBQ’s after Tuesday trainings when we had a win on Sunday. Giving lifts to the lads that didn’t have a license yet etc. Even when I left that club for a rival and was sent off in my first game against them, Pat came into the away sheds and took the time to console me. Absolute gentleman. The finest man I’ve ever met in central coast football in 25 years, bar none. No doubt CCM know how lucky they were to have such a fiercely loyal and beautiful souled bloke in their ranks. And that Keep Up article yesterday admittedly brought a happy tear to my eye knowing he got some well deserved recognition. The man deserves to finally relax with his equally as wonderful wife, kids and grand kids by the pool.

I’m sure anyone on this forum that crossed paths with Pat can attest to his greatness.
I have known Pat for years and you could not get a more dedicated man for the Mariners cause. Thanks Pat enjoy your time with your family.

Ozhammer

I hear that Pat’s departure wasn’t just about him retiring and that there may have been some other shithousery involved, which revolves around the club’s apparent lack of money (not suggesting that Pat was asking for a raise himself).

If this also ties into the whole Ollie contract situation, that will be incredibly disappointing, as that was something I had personally thought the club had moved on from.

priorpeter

I hear that Pat’s departure wasn’t just about him retiring and that there may have been some other shithousery involved, which revolves around the club’s apparent lack of money (not suggesting that Pat was asking for a raise himself).

If this also ties into the whole Ollie contract situation, that will be incredibly disappointing, as that was something I had personally thought the club had moved on from.
Entirely separate situations mate, and not sure why you’d draw that bow.

Last edited:

bikinigirl

. so you can't relate the two ... but you didn't dispute either o_O

. which leads me to suggest that money was a problem in one and not the other ... seems to kill off the idea that the Oli situation may have been about contract renewals :innocent:

Ozhammer

My understanding is that money was involved, just not related to Pat himself, as he isn’t that type of person at all and is much more principled than that.

Fair call to say I might be drawing a long bow regarding the Ollie situation but my reading of the tea leaves is that the club’s budget is stretched and that is leading to difficult conversations regarding some player negotiations. No real surprise there, as MC only appears to prepared to continue running the club on the smell of an oily rag, despite getting most of what he wanted from independence, which was supposedly his trigger for increased levels of investment in the club.

I’m not suggesting this is all on MC, as the league has had a horror start under the APL’s watch and club income must have dropped as a result but it shits me no end that a club owned by the APL can seemingly invest significantly more money into its squad than CCM apparently can.

FFC Mariner

Not sure MC's refusal to fund the club is entirely related to the Bozanic situation.
Sadly one party is playing victim but the other isn't able to. His mates on FB are really getting annoying TBH.
In a year's time CCM will still be there and he will be filed away with McGlinchey and the rest.

Michael

Not sure MC's refusal to fund the club is entirely related to the Bozanic situation.
Sadly one party is playing victim but the other isn't able to. His mates on FB are really getting annoying TBH.
In a year's time CCM will still be there and he will be filed away with McGlinchey and the rest.
Ollie is probably the greatest footballer the central coast region has ever produced until this point. I don’t see any of these kids surpassing his career level.
to say he’ll be filed away with the likes of wee Mac just makes you look incredibly stupid.

Ancient Mariner

Not surprised the Club may be short of funds. If MC is topping up his usual $1m and we are spending the min salary cap with the usual income from the media.
We must be going backwards with costs due to reduced income from attendances v. ground hire hire and travel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami