• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Pluim to get $3.1 million

darrensprod

Looks awesome.

$3.1 million buys you alot these days or is the CCF chipping in more?

No All from the funding and the old house at the front that is CCF owned will be leased to A telco for 20 years to build a mobile phone tower.

As for Synthetic vs Grass - we are getting final submissions to make a decision early in September. One of the major deciding factors will be inundation (full on flooding) that has a cost and recovery impact on synthetic. Council may also have an issue in this area.

style_cafe

Couldn't comment on the studs - but different studs for different surfaces is not unexpected.

With Seymour Shaw, Hensley Field, and now Cromer, Lambert and Pluim going that way nsw senior league players and nsw youth league at least will have to get used to them.
Geez Kev..you sure know how to rub salt into the wound!!!
We wont have any NSW senior league players & NSW Youth League will play at Tuggerah as I understand it...

style_cafe

check the datestamp SC.
Thanks Dibo.
I`ll just go get a cloth to wipe the egg off my face...lol

It was a tongue in cheek comment but I withdraw that remark..the mods can delete it if they wish....but I will add
"Wouldn`t it be great for the Association rep teams to be able to play there & to show other associations that they now have to lift their game to compete with CCF"

neverwozza

I was at Pluim on Saturday watching a couple of GF's and was pleasantly surprised with the state of the pitch and the Canteen. I'm not so sure about the bar though because I found myself wrestling with a Berkley Vale supporter that had way too much to drink and should have been chucked out about an hour there was any trouble.

marinermick

I was at Pluim on Saturday watching a couple of GF's and was pleasantly surprised with the state of the pitch and the Canteen. I'm not so sure about the bar though because I found myself wrestling with a Berkley Vale supporter that had way too much to drink and should have been chucked out about an hour there was any trouble.

Best the ground has been this time of the year for a long time. I know the ground staff has put alot of work into it.

It also had the advantage of time spent recovering because of washouts and the fact that many of the finals were moved to other ovals.

Grounds like Pluim and Ourimbah recover incredibly quickly as they are on flood plains and the soil is very fertile. They just get overused.

offtheball

So is the redevelopment going ahead.

I presumed it was with Summer Sixes not being held at Pluim but the fact The Mariners Youth is scheduled to play all of their home games at Pluim suggests not.

Also The CCF say their web site should be everyone's first point of call for any info re CCF. Why is there no mention of such a huge project on this site?

darrensprod

any progress yet or was it just another election ploy?

Plans were passed by council just before Christmas. We have received correspondence from the Minister for sport confirming funding and that it will be available in June. We have engaged three companies to get quotes and would expect to shut down Pluim to commence works at the end of this season (October) . Expect works to be completed by end of February in time to start 2013.

offtheball

Thanks Darren. Now can you move the light tower from the middle of the grand stand please.

http://www.ccfootball.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=334:ccf-receive-18-million-for-pluim-park-re-development&catid=153:news-slider

Every Liberal bar Tony abbott seemed to be on the Coast today for the handing over of the funds for the upgrade of Pluim Park

So what happened to the other $1.3 million that was promised?

What does this mean to the plans as previously displayed?

darrensprod

http://www.ccfootball.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=334:ccf-receive-18-million-for-pluim-park-re-development&catid=153:news-slider

Every Liberal bar Tony abbott seemed to be on the Coast today for the handing over of the funds for the upgrade of Pluim Park

So what happened to the other $1.3 million that was promised?

What does this mean to the plans as previously displayed?

The remainder will be paid by 30 September. They had to get the $1.8 out by the end of the Financial Year so we gratefully accepted it.

The works will go ahead a previously mentioned and the commence on October 1, 2013. We have already awarded a lead tender to RGH consulting as the principal consultant and program manager.

offtheball

The remainder will be paid by 30 September. They had to get the $1.8 out by the end of the Financial Year so we gratefully accepted it.

The works will go ahead a previously mentioned and the commence on October 1, 2013. We have already awarded a lead tender to RGH consulting as the principal consultant and program manager.
Great News!

Mumbles

Probably too late but BCU stadium at Coffs Harbour is a fine example of what can be done with a little cash.
Excellent drainage and very good lighting. A modest grandstand with facilities underneath including offices.
Natural grass. Synthetic is great for wet weather but seems to contribute to ankle, shin, knee (acl) and hip injuries.

Brighty

Has the work begun on Pluim?

YES!!! I drive past this 5 days a week and work must have start about 2wks ago.

Can confirm that all 3 fields have been torn up, looks like new drainage laid down and further works are ongoing.. levelling/topdressing etc?? The 2 storey building has been demolished but the main canteen/change sheds/toilets still there. The crappy training pich beside No1 field is a massive dirt heap atm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred