• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Post reactions

adz

Staff member
The forum software was updated yesterday and as part of that the post "reactions" were changed to the Facebook standard - Like, Love, etc.

reactions.png

If you don't care about this stuff, avert your eyes now, otherwise, read on ;)

Does anyone have any thoughts on what these should be? The agree/disagree button seemed to cop a good mashing so far, and "interesting" was used a fair bit, and "Haha" covers the previous "Funny" ...

What do we want to keep, remove, add to the list?

Ironbark

Definitely need like, agree, disagree, funny, interesting, informative, winner
Some news ones -
* Maybe, Undecided or Not sure
* ?
* Go on... Or Keep going...

I'd really like the question mark one. I used to find some posts confusing or like a ? was my best response but didn't want to post to query further.

priorpeter

Bring back meh, agree/disagree, interesting, optimistic, informative.
Keep ‘like’, ‘love’, ‘haha’.
I also don’t hate the idea of having ‘sad’ and ‘wow’.
Any restrictions on how many you can have?

adz

Staff member
Bring back meh, agree/disagree, interesting, optimistic, informative.
Keep ‘like’, ‘love’, ‘haha’.
I also don’t hate the idea of having ‘sad’ and ‘wow’.
Any restrictions on how many you can have?

No restriction, other than it might get a bit cluttered and someone like me have trouble deciding which one to click :D

One that has come up is a laugh/cry but not sure what emoji would be best for that -- there is a "tears of joy" but that's not really "I don't know whether to laugh or cry"

adz

Staff member
Definitely need like, agree, disagree, funny, interesting, informative, winner
Some news ones -
* Maybe, Undecided or Not sure
* ?
* Go on... Or Keep going...

I'd really like the question mark one. I used to find some posts confusing or like a ? was my best response but didn't want to post to query further.

I like the maybe/undecided/not sure - bit of a fence sitter type response ... "not convinced yet" and kind of rolls into the next one :)

... ?/Go on/ Keep going ... nice

giphy.gif

adz

Staff member
Just a quick note - all the reactions have changed back to "like" for the moment until I can get these set up again

Forum Phoenix

FWIW, like all the suggestions so far and prefer a good amount of options. I guess love kind of covers winner, but winner better suits on a forum like this.

I think disagree is probably better than dislike and we could just ditch the thumbs down. Prefer when people argue their positions.

An on the sauce reaction could be useful on here it seems as well.

optimistic and friendly all had their moments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami