• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 5 vs Cupcake Mafia

scottmac

Suspended
I didn't know Monty was called Michael? Michael is a very smart judge 95% of the time but non defenders don't have a clue what is needed in the back third. Kaltak does have flaws but he is a REAL defender.
Definitely has flaws and that was not aimed solely at Micheal. And there won't be a player we sign that doesn't have flaws. But we must agree that his performance tonight was above what we all expected and above the vitriol he's received from some here, including me.

Wombat

Definitely has flaws. And there won't be a player we sign that doesn't. But we must agree that his performance tonight was above what we all expected and above the vitriol he's received from some here, including me.
That performance was exactly the same as last week. The same as pre-season. Kaltak is a warrior and a talented ball playing centre back. Safer than Rowles in his first two seasons.......100%. Needs polish but this boy is rock solid!

Forum Phoenix

That performance was exactly the same as last week. The same as pre-season. Kaltak is a warrior and a talented ball playing centre back. Safer than Rowles in his first two seasons.......100%. Needs polish but this boy is rock solid!
I like him a lot too.

Sad for Hall, but I do see him and Triantis in front of him now. Hall did really well when he came on for Max though in helping shut down Wanderers efforts to get on the front foot.

turbo

As I said back on page 1 the way the wanderers have been playing suits us. They aren’t going to tear up Kaltak on a blistering counter or have someone dropping off the shoulder and burning him like Waine did. Tonight Kaltak got to show his strengths including some nice mid-long range passes through the middle. He didn’t really have to worry about his weaknesses being exploited.
Will be interesting to see how the Triantis - Kaltak - Kelichi pecking order evolves.

scottmac

Suspended
Oh agree he is rock solid and that he's the first centre back chosen each week ( for now). But if we were to look at the posts about him by all of us he has copped it and the blame has fallen squarely at his feet for our loss and draw by some including me. No one has picked him in their 11. That should speak volumes to what I'm saying.

Michael

I'm suggesting that going off about Montys selections while being an internet warrior is fraught with danger. I should know.
Catch me outside how bout that Scotty. But in all seriousness, Kaltak played well for the most part tonight with a couple quite good moments. Still some suspect moments.

“going off” is abit strong. And I hope you’re not referring to me as an internet warrior… If I don’t rate a player and then they play well I will always, literally always credit them. I’m not stupidly one eyed. I do believe that once both hally and Kelechi are fully fit from their injuries etc and with Triantis’ form (amazing tonight) Kaltak could struggle to get into the team. Think about it, he’s here as the injury replacement, Kelechi signed as the main CB, hally seen as a future stalwart and triantis seen as a bright prodigy we can develop and sell onto bigger and better things.

Michael

I didn't know Monty was called Michael? Michael is a very smart judge 95% of the time but non defenders don't have a clue what is needed in the back third. Kaltak does have flaws but he is a REAL defender.
Fun fact I was a CB/LB for the majority of my senior footy career.
You’re right, Kaltak does have the classic traits of a genuine defender but there’s also levels to it.
if he keeps tonight’s form going consistently, good. It benefits the club. I’ll give credit where it’s due. always.

scottmac

Suspended
Catch me outside how bout that Scotty. But in all seriousness, Kaltak played well for the most part tonight with a couple quite good moments. Still some suspect moments.

“going off” is abit strong. And I hope you’re not referring to me as an internet warrior… If I don’t rate a player and then they play well I will always, literally always credit them. I’m not stupidly one eyed. I do believe that once both hally and Kelechi are fully fit from their injuries etc and with Triantis’ form (amazing tonight) Kaltak could struggle to get into the team. Think about it, he’s here as the injury replacement, Kelechi signed as the main CB, hally seen as a future stalwart and triantis seen as a bright prodigy we can develop and sell onto bigger and better things.
Dude you can blame @Wombat for bringing you into this. I did not name you and I said more bad things about Kaltak than most

Wombat

Oh agree he is rock solid and that he's the first centre back chosen each week ( for now). But if we were to look at the posts about him by all of us he has copped it and the blame has fallen squarely at his feet for our loss and draw by some including me. No one has picked him in their 11. That should speak volumes to what I'm saying.
It speaks volumes that some of you talk shit at times. I think you called me out when Maty Ryan had a bad game in early days and i doubted him.......so although i have strong opinions i am not a great judge of keepers apparently

Michael

Aside from all of that and cumdog not scoring costing me a grand.
an absolutely incredible performance from start to finish by everyone of the boys. Could’ve been 7-0. Even better it’s against that f**king scum Rudan and even JVS to a lesser extent after seeing him talk so much shit on the sideline. Keeping them to no shots on target and aggressively dominating away from home, I couldn’t be prouder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred