• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 5 vs Cupcake Mafia

FFC Mariner

If Wanderers want a blue print for their next complete overhaul (after the inevitable Mark O'Rudan disaster)
Aston Villa, sacked the media darling celebrity coach and hired an actual coach.
Nek minnit
They are probably too smart but Talay or Staj would be the smart hire.

pjennings

If Wanderers want a blue print for their next complete overhaul (after the inevitable Mark O'Rudan disaster)
Aston Villa, sacked the media darling celebrity coach and hired an actual coach.
Nek minnit
Talay is mooted as the next NZ NT manager

crock

Just rewatched the match and enjoyed it immensely - fabulous performance.

Everyone did well but best of all was the team shape and press. We never let WSW have a second on the ball and that is such a huge confidence boost and message to the league - bit of a shame that the league will close down for a month just as we've hit top gear.

Triantis and Fazz were just brilliant, Cummings was outstanding despite not scoring, and what can you say about Kuol. Makes a difference every time.

Very worried about Monty though. The headhunters will have taken note of that performance and he'll be in demand. Like Kuol, enjoy him while we can.
in regards to monty its far too early for any interest another good season and im sure their will be interest but he wont leave before season end

true believer

Nek minnit
yeah i was on board till you added "smart"
you know they hired rudan and didn't sack him at the end of last season

true believer

I am curious that Monty brought Dan on as a DM replacement. We are short in coverage in that position but I thought Dan's run in that position in the pre season showed that it was not a good fit.
Was it just convenient for last night or is it long term thinking?
i think it is , i also think dan will adapt over time .
i really can't emphasize how much ,a knee reconstruction will drain your confidence .

midfielder

Dan has the potential to be a great 6.... what he lacks is tactical awareness of were to go when to go... however consider Monty was a great 6, and I am sure can pass on the technical shape he lacks... he has the speed, size, and passing skills and he can tackle.... and most importantly he is not scared to run with the ball at his feet...

turbo

strikers win matches , defenders win championships
I dont disagree with the sentiment but that doesn't really work with a limited visa allocation. You can win the championship with foreigners on the bench but your locals need to be top shelf as do the ones you start. And normally you'd still want them as at least impact players.

Tevor

I'm sure he won't, unless the UK comes in for him, maybe.

He's said a few times he wants to coach in England.

Seems to be very happy on the Coast though...
Agree he seems very settled with his young family. That being said if a great offer came from England then maybe but not even Ange is getting offers in England so not sure Monty is on many radar’s. Thats not because he isn’t good enough more to do with Aussie coaches not being looked upon all that favourably.

LFCMariners

People might laugh at us but we were massive last night. Still singing 30 minutes after the end of the game. I know I'm biased but we are as good if not better than any other AL side, we just need bigger numbers
Hopefully improved form this season and more optimism about the squad and the club's future will see the ranks swell. There have been a couple of occasions since 2020/21 where I've looked around and thought we're near 2007/08 levels again.

This time we've got the advantage of more history and more universally understood chants to our benefit as well.

true believer

Agree he seems very settled with his young family. That being said if a great offer came from England then maybe but not even Ange is getting offers in England so not sure Monty is on many radar’s. Thats not because he isn’t good enough more to do with Aussie coaches not being looked upon all that favourably.
Muskrat just won the J league .
If someone from europe was looking for a coach .he'd be the front runner.

Tevor

Monty, of course, is not an Aussie coach so would probably jump the queue, but I take your point.

I'd say we're safe for at least another two seasons. He's doing a brilliant job.

As for Ange, who knows what he's been offered?
I get the feeling Ange is quite comfortable at the Hoops and might stay there a while. Always a huge risk moving on, as the grass is not always greener. Same for Monty, he could take an OS gig move his family for it all to fall apart in 3 to 6 months. He has the backing of Dick and built a solid foundation so why move. For the next few years anyway.

Ironbark

Monty has made it clear he wants to coach Sheffield one day. I'd say a year or 2 tops and there will be a pathway for him to move up the world coaching ranks for sure. And that's fair, he deserves it. So will enjoy him while we've got him - considering that goes all the way back to this playing days and being our Captain we've been lucky to have such a professional and quality human at the club

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred