• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Rd 6 vs Foxtel FC B, Shouldn't exist FC, etc etc.

Melange

At the end of the day we were down to 10 men and but for some poor game management should have won. Triantis didn't need to pass back but did, wrong option. Danny did poorly with the pass back. Defending at the corner let them score from a set piece. Thomas made a poor decision that allowed the break away for the last goal, wrong option. Danny should have done better at his near post.

So, a young team making bad choices - what a surprise. There is plenty of the season left and we have no reason to fear anyone.
Ditto - I'm frustrated but not angry after the game. And despite his decision on the last play Triantis had a massive game.

Tevor

Ditto - I'm frustrated but not angry after the game. And despite his decision on the last play Triantis had a massive game.
Yes definitely just frustration and not end of the world issues. This break will be interesting and it will be like starting the season again. Will impact teams different there is no doubt.

turbo

Yes definitely just frustration and not end of the world issues. This break will be interesting and it will be like starting the season again. Will impact teams different there is no doubt.
I’m expecting WU to be a lot better post break. They were better for having cameos from Dia and Prijovic letting them steal a win, another few weeks will help those two a lot.

Tevor

And I'd like to know what Monty says to get a yellow, 2 this season. It must be horrendous when you hear the constant bile the likes of O'Rudan (apologies to the Irish), Talay and Aloisi spew out all game every game.
It was because he left his technical area to speak with Kaltak, very harsh as it didn’t offend anyone but technically a yellow. In the Sydney derby Marko pulls on a Shitney players arm to slow down a throw in but nothing. He seems to be targeted this season for some reason. Two very dubious decisions, has he upset someone high up?

Wombat

I was annoyed when i left the game last night but i haven't woken up angry like I can do after a Mariners loss. My thoughts......

We started poorly. We were lazy and slow, exactly the same as against Perth.
The Red card was very harsh imho as he was going away from goal. After that we improved.
The second half we were excellent and completely dominated Meth FC. Garang and Silvera were too much to handle and if the ref wasn't a complete stooge, they should have been down to 9 or 10 men themselves.
Dan Hall was my MOM..........he was so composed. Nector was good but the back pass was a no no. Kelechi looked very good.
Danny had an absolute nightmare. I thought i was watching Trott in goals. Not sure how he comes back from that, and yes Scott he did poorly on the 2nd goal as well.

3pts Dan Hall
2pts Garang
1pt Faz

Ben10

- Come back in the second half was great, on another day we could've unraveled and lost this by 4+.
- Dan Hall looked really good, positive going forward with the ball.
- Need competition in the middle of the park for Niz and Max. Love Max but I don't think he had his best game yesterday.

midfielder

Were to start.....

We made a number of mistakes and they cost us a lot....

All three goals were the result of an on field error that Danny was incapable of correcting...

Further aside from Cummings and Koul our composure in front of goal was hhhhmmmm poor.... as was the decision making again not counting Cummings and Koul....

Ironbark

We did get screwed by some of the worst refereeing I've seen but all in all it was ours to win if we didn't start flat and lame.

The break might help reset. Hopefully.

Any chance Kaltak's suspension can be appealed / overturned? If not Triantis / Hall or Kelechi will be fine

Last edited:

Meerkat

I was annoyed when i left the game last night but i haven't woken up angry like I can do after a Mariners loss. My thoughts......

We started poorly. We were lazy and slow, exactly the same as against Perth.
The Red card was very harsh imho as he was going away from goal. After that we improved.
The second half we were excellent and completely dominated Meth FC. Garang and Silvera were too much to handle and if the ref wasn't a complete stooge, they should have been down to 9 or 10 men themselves.
Dan Hall was my MOM..........he was so composed. Nector was good but the back pass was a no no. Kelechi looked very good.
Danny had an absolute nightmare. I thought i was watching Trott in goals. Not sure how he comes back from that, and yes Scott he did poorly on the 2nd goal as well.

3pts Dan Hall
2pts Garang
1pt Faz

Agree with all of this 100%

Ironbark

As usual we have a team somewhat inexperienced and much under the cost of other teams' rosters.

When we play to our potential we are unstoppable, when we play below it we open the door to losing. I think most seasons will have examples of both of these sorts of games under our development model.

But it points out just how important mindset is for our team and I think they ran onto the field a little too comfortable once again and let them in. Same story against Perth and Wellington. Switched on during WU and for WSW, then back off for CowPaddiesFC until we were down.

Real focus on this during our mini-off season please.

ConsKrypt

We did get screwed by some of the worst refereeing I've seen but all in all it was ours to win if we didn't start flat and lame.

The break might help reset. Hopefully.

Any chance Kaltak's suspension can be appealed / overturned? If not Triantis / Hall or Kelechi will be fine
There's always a chance it can get overturned however it may not go the way he plans and could get a longer suspension if the board deem it necessary...

turbo

Don't see why Kaltak's outcome would be any different to Aspro's after the Sydney game. Very similar situations. He'll cop the minimum 1 match suspension. Can't see a scenario where it gets revoked and despite the popular opinion here it wasn't an outrageous decision. Harsh sure but I'd argue slightly less so than Aspro's.

pjennings

Don't see why Kaltak's outcome would be any different to Aspro's after the Sydney game. Very similar situations. He'll cop the minimum 1 match suspension. Can't see a scenario where it gets revoked and despite the popular opinion here it wasn't an outrageous decision. Harsh sure but I'd argue slightly less so than Aspro's.
I thought they were both red. The only mitigating factor is that Wales (as always) does the initial contact and then squeals if things don't go his way - a la the penalty call. We were pretty lucky there as well.

AuzDutchy

Kaltaks red was dumb and slightly harsh, but when he went off we showed we were the better team regardless of numbers, unfortunately Danny let the rest of the team down with a horrid performance, coupled with 1 of the shittest reffing displays we've seen at CC Stadium.

Made for a crappy sunday but atleast we know if we tighten up, get Danny/Sozer in form, we can easily push for the top 6, maybe even top 3.

Hopefully Danny comes back from the WC revitalized and pumped for the 2nd part of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb