• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Reffing shockers at CCM games (yeah I know)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I can’t even get my head around the amount of f**k you given to us by refs
so, I’ll start out with two that have stuck in my craw forever
1: the GF were there was a blatant handball in the box (I think it was Shields) , did absolutely Jack shit to the point we’re Vooks high fives the dumb bastard and we know the result of that brain snap
2 : Sevre Delovski sending off Monty so he missed the winning GF , worst part was it was against that psycho sumbitch, Besart Berisha , who spent goodly percent of every game kicking , tripping , abusing opponents

Last edited:

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

We've had seasons where every match for the first 6 rounds or so we've been denied blatant handball penalties....all the shockers kind of blur into each other, except that piece of shit Mark Shield.

The far AR even told him about the handball- Shield chose to ignore him.

Oh, don't forget the SF in Newie when Reddy stomped on our player. Same match where one of our blokes got a face full of studs - at standing height. In the box. Not even a foul, let alone the red it should have been.

The sackwhack was particularly bad too.

Nix fans reckon they get f**ked over more than us, but I don't reckon. They get more apologies though.....

Rising Sun

Not a reffing shocker but a judiciary shocker on Perez. Footage shields clear, forceful contact by Reddy on his shins.
For all the efforts of Fuornaroli, Berisha etc, the only other player I can recall being sanctioned for simulation was Nick Fitzgerard - a player who has never dived in his life - who got a yellow card for alleged simulation (out near the corner flag - not even in the area) against Sydney, which was then converted into a red for a frustrated clumsy challenge a minute later. In the same game where a few minutes earlier, the ref had judged Janjetovic's goal-saving rugby tackle on O'Snake to be perfectly fair and legal.

It's when you see a couple of totally inexplicable decisions that pretty much determine the result that makes you wonder.

Rising Sun

We also have to remember that Pedj Bojic was not pinged for handball in that third grand final.
Fair point but watching that one in real time with no replays, you can't argue it is incompetent refereeing whichever way it is given. Missing something as blatant as the Holland hand ball or the shove on Bojic is poor refereeing.

The thing about the Holland hand ball was that Shields said afterwards that he heard one of the other officials call it in his earpiece. But when he asked again, they all fell silent. Whoever it was bottled it - because none of the others had seen it, didn't want to be the one that made the call that potentially decided the GF. That is somebody who is incompetent for the job they were given if they didn't have the courage to call what they saw.

ryan

The push on Pedj in the GF at Suncorp. If that gets given we win the title. The handball by Newcastle in the GF in Sydney. With VAR that is a penalty, Danny stays on the field and goes to the Olympics, we probably score and possibly win. For mine though the 3 penalties away at Adelaide was the biggest farce we have seen. Just disgraceful.

pjennings

We also have to remember that Pedj Bojic was not pinged for handball in that third grand final.
The way Harper called it Pedj's handball was from the wing. In reality it was from a deflection from someone's head a metre away and it was by no means a deliberate handball. By the current rules - handball. At the time - no.

sydmariner

The push on Pedj in the GF at Suncorp. If that gets given we win the title. The handball by Newcastle in the GF in Sydney. With VAR that is a penalty, Danny stays on the field and goes to the Olympics, we probably score and possibly win. For mine though the 3 penalties away at Adelaide was the biggest farce we have seen. Just disgraceful.
there was no gf at suncorp.

true believer

For all the efforts of Fuornaroli, Berisha etc, the only other player I can recall being sanctioned for simulation was Nick Fitzgerard - a player who has never dived in his life - who got a yellow card for alleged simulation (out near the corner flag - not even in the area) against Sydney, which was then converted into a red for a frustrated clumsy challenge a minute later. In the same game where a few minutes earlier, the ref had judged Janjetovic's goal-saving rugby tackle on O'Snake to be perfectly fair and legal.

It's when you see a couple of totally inexplicable decisions that pretty much determine the result that makes you wonder.
yeah i lost my shit over that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami