• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Reffing shockers at CCM games (yeah I know)

yellowcake

Bringing this back on topic, I've got a recollection of something which was probably the most costly intervention by a ref in the history of the club. I don't recall it being talked about and I've never watched the replay (if there is one - and those who disbelieve the match occurred, look away!)

2011 Grand Final, dying seconds of time added to the 90' at 0-0. Bernie Ibini gets put through from near halfway and at full stride and is closing in 1-on-1 with Theo. Breeze desperately blows full-time.
Now I'm well aware that in our game time is up at the end of 45 "stoppage-compensated" minutes each half, unlike the play-til-the-ball-goes-dead codes but how often does the discretion on this extend until the outcome of the current movement unfolds or "there'll be just enough time to take the corner", etc.

Legal, yes but most unusual and so, so confirming the bias.

pjennings

Hutch (should have been red but escaped booking) took out Murdocca with 45 seconds minimum to go. There was then a minute and a half break. After 30 seconds from resumption Ibini got the ball and the whistle was blown. Pissed me off then and still pisses me off.

Ozhammer

What utter bollox, APL has a lot of shit to sort out in the off season, or the A League as a product is doomed. Fans are not going to continue to cop this sort of shite after this debacle of a season is over.

Despite being a lifelong fan of the game, I can’t defend the league any more to those who aren’t engaged with it, as it’s even a hard sell to rusted ons at the moment.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Look, I'm not surprised and I think they should be strict on abusing the ref after copping a red....but again, this happens all the time and is never enforced.

Though of course the double standard in refereeing particularly stinks when he was the one who got stomped in by City in the box and VAR had no problems with that.

Tevor

Look, I'm not surprised and I think they should be strict on abusing the ref after copping a red....but again, this happens all the time and is never enforced.

Though of course the double standard in refereeing particularly stinks when he was the one who got stomped in by City in the box and VAR had no problems with that.
But the abuse comes from a terrible decision, no terrible decision and then no abuse.

turbo

But the abuse comes from a terrible decision, no terrible decision and then no abuse.
We all know that doesn’t matter. You don’t get to tee off on the officials even if they’re very wrong, it’s just not ok at any level of the game. And it never helps anyway - no ref has ever gone “well this bloke feels quite strongly maybe I shouldn’t send him off”.

That’s one thing (dissent, mobbing etc) I think the A league refs should be strict on. But if that’s a reason for the second week they should be stating it clearly to send the right message.

I would rather see the coach tee off post game or even a post game player interview . At least that way they can get a message across that’s more substantial than calling someone a f**king idiot in the heat of the moment.

Tevor

We all know that doesn’t matter. You don’t get to tee off on the officials even if they’re very wrong, it’s just not ok at any level of the game. And it never helps anyway - no ref has ever gone “well this bloke feels quite strongly maybe I shouldn’t send him off”.

That’s one thing (dissent, mobbing etc) I think the A league refs should be strict on. But if that’s a reason for the second week they should be stating it clearly to send the right message.
Yeah but you see double standards with certain players on the level of dissent. I was actually surprised how restrained Miller was. Have seen 10 times worst from more experienced players who get away with it.

turbo

Yeah but you see double standards with certain players on the level of dissent. I was actually surprised how restrained Miller was. Have seen 10 times worst from more experienced players who get away with it.
I’ve got no time for it for anyone and want to see a blanket approach. Will only take a round or two of consistently giving yellows to stomp it out if FA has the balls.

FFC Mariner

Sorry. I argued with every ref I ever had. Even had one banter me at Rob M's wife's funeral but even I know that if you tee off after a card there's only 1 loser.
Miller's tackling style is reckless at best. He dives in and makes it easy for refs. Only got himself toblame if the ban is upheld

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami