• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 1 v Scummers

Wombat

Well my fingernails were chewed to the quick but we got the win.

Not convincing but some very very promising signs.

Birraz...legend.
Roux.....not as bad as most are saying but that moment at 45 mins where he failed to close down a scum player and nearly cost us a goal sums up his defensive problems.
Farrell.....completely put me in my place after my Mudgee comments. Mature beyond his years. I absolutely loved his effort tonight. What a great kid!!! 1pt.
Roun......super game. Made a couple of minor slips but was basically a colossus.
Rolls Royce........MOM. Almost perfect. 3pts
Ballard.......solid but not close to Stens level yet.
Oli......good game overall.
Goddard......showed promise and will only get better.
Beni.......top game. 2pts. Stepped up a level from last week.
Urena......mixed game but better than Mudgee.
Niz...whoop whoop. Great finish and showed his amazing flexability.

Subs.....Moreshe....dirty bugger and i like that. This bloke will be brilliant alongside Urena in a couple of weeks time.
Hall.....looked suspect for the first 5 minutes then turned into Mr Quality as usual.
Miller......looked solid and aggressive.
Steele......nice debut cameo. Looks good.

scottmac

Suspended

Birraz...legend.
Roux.....not as bad as most are saying but that moment at 45 mins where he failed to close down a scum player and nearly cost us a goal sums up his defensive problems.
Farrell.....completely put me in my place after my Mudgee comments. Mature beyond his years. I absolutely loved his effort tonight. What a great kid!!! 1pt.
Roun......super game. Made a couple of minor slips but was basically a colossus.

Subs.....Moreshe....dirty bugger and i like that. This bloke will be brilliant alongside Urena in a couple of weeks time.
Hall.....looked suspect for the first 5 minutes then turned into Mr Quality as usual.
Good break down Womby.

true believer

Birraz...legend.

top shelf report . moreshe is definitely a likely lad

Ozhammer

We stayed to watch the Cows v Nux and there wasn’t too much on display to give Monty sleepless nights tbh. Conditions did worsen but neither team dominated overly, although the Cows were throwing everything at the Fire Chickens in the final stages. A draw was a good result for us and I can see us taking points off both in the coming weeks.

LFCMariners

Another great effort from the travelling support, yet to watch it back on TV and see how it sounded (I did feature front and centre on the screen as the teams walked out and had a friend message me saying "You're famous!".
CCM clearly the better team and were they not a bit underdone (and unlucky) it could've been a gap of 2 goals or more, easily.

I stayed back for the Cowbell FC v Nix game and based on an aggregate head-count I swear there were only 500 people in the stands watching. Great effort to make DDS know we were there every time he touched the ball, but!

Forum Phoenix

Just finished the replay. Killed me not being able to watch live.

Far from the finished article. but boy, there's a LOT to like about this side.

- Birra, he is just massive for us. Easily one of the best keepers in the HAL.
- Central defence could once again prove the best pairing in the league. Ruon and Key were excellent.
- Farrell's A league debut gets my 3pts. Played like a veteran. Super impressive.
- Roux was the weak link. Miller was an improvement.
- Olli consistent, strong full ninety, played hard, smart and calm. Great captains knock.
- Sweeeeeeet baby Nisbet... how good was it to see Nizz break his bloody duck in an F# derby?! I teared up while cackling with joy when you could see how much it meant to him. Can't wait to hear the Pod boys weep with joy for an hour plus live on air :)
- Ballard was excellent. Like Farrell and Niz, yet another academy boy who plays beyond his years.
- Beni got a lot of work done and for the most part had a very good game. Kept the ball well and ran all day. Hope he's ok.
- Goddard was fouled so often it was hard for him to truly get going first half, but he did well and when he's given a little more space is going to be very good for us it looks. Set piece delivery is quality. That's probably at least 6 odd goals across the season right there.
- Urena not a good first half by his standards, though the "not interested" comments are ridiculous imo. Still made well timed runs first half and was clearly working, just couldn't find his shot at pace. Always a very difficult skill regardless of what some have said. He definitely struggled to find a rhythm running the high line and being isolated. No surprise though with the new/untested strike partnership with Niz playing upfront for the first time. It understandably took time to gel, and Niz really struggled to get on the ball in the first half. But honestly, it's a huge credit to the players that they could get the partnership to work at all inside one game at all. Let alone how well it worked in the second half. And like Mick said, that's ballsy and very impressive coaching by Monty. Second half Niz worked his way in, and Marcos dropped deeper and made several great runs and a class assist. Pivotal in us winning the game. Again. And they almost combined for a couple more. Very promising and very surprising partnership.
- Steele looked hungry and sharp.
- Moresche, I like him. But he's a little raw and unpredictable for mine, so I'm not quite sure what he's going to become for us this season yet.

But... what's most important...

3 big fat points and a 2-1 WIN over the scum!!!
First time two in a row at the scumdome. THAT'S A NEW ERA.
And only the toilet seat is a sweeter win than one that puts us top, and them bottom.

:overheadl::overheadl::overheadl::fireup::fireup::fireup::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

true believer

We stayed to watch the Cows v Nux and there wasn’t too much on display to give Monty sleepless nights tbh. Conditions did worsen but neither team dominated overly, although the Cows were throwing everything at the Fire Chickens in the final stages. A draw was a good result for us and I can see us taking points off both in the coming weeks.
i thought it was telling that they are still 100% okon ball.
they won't be a threat on goal till they replace derbyshire

Tevor

Just finished the replay. Killed me not being able to watch live.

Far from the finished article. but boy, there's a LOT to like about this side.

- Birra, he is just massive for us. Easily one of the best keepers in the HAL.
- Central defence could once again prove the best pairing in the league. Ruon and Key were excellent.
- Farrell's A league debut gets my 3pts. Played like a veteran. Super impressive.
- Roux was the weak link. Miller was an improvement.
- Olli consistent, strong full ninety, played hard, smart and calm. Great captains knock.
- Sweeeeeeet baby Nisbet... how good was it to see Nizz break his bloody duck in an F# derby?! I teared up while cackling with joy when you could see how much it meant to him. Can't wait to hear the Pod boys weep with joy for an hour plus live on air :)
- Ballard was excellent. Like Farrell and Niz, yet another academy boy who plays beyond his years.
- Beni got a lot of work done and for the most part had a very good game. Kept the ball well and ran all day. Hope he's ok.
- Goddard was fouled so often it was hard for him to truly get going first half, but he did well and when he's given a little more space is going to be very good for us it looks. Set piece delivery is quality. That's probably at least 6 odd goals across the season right there.
- Urena not a good first half by his standards, though the "not interested" comments are ridiculous imo. Still made well timed runs first half and was clearly working, just couldn't find his shot at pace. Always a very difficult skill regardless of what some have said. He definitely struggled to find a rhythm running the high line and being isolated. No surprise though with the new/untested strike partnership with Niz playing upfront for the first time. It understandably took time to gel, and Niz really struggled to get on the ball in the first half. But honestly, it's a huge credit to the players that they could get the partnership to work at all inside one game at all. Let alone how well it worked in the second half. And like Mick said, that's ballsy and very impressive coaching by Monty. Second half Niz worked his way in, and Marcos dropped deeper and made several great runs and a class assist. Pivotal in us winning the game. Again. And they almost combined for a couple more. Very promising and very surprising partnership.
- Steele looked hungry and sharp.
- Moresche, I like him. But he's a little raw and unpredictable for mine, so I'm not quite sure what he's going to become for us this season yet.

But... what's most important...

3 big fat points and a 2-1 WIN over the scum!!!
First time two in a row at the scumdome. THAT'S A NEW ERA.
And only the toilet seat is a sweeter win than one that puts us top, and them bottom.

:overheadl::overheadl::overheadl::fireup::fireup::fireup::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:
Thank you for your words on Urena, some on here seem to love putting the boot in any chance they can get. His assists won us the cup game last week and got us the lead yesterday however plenty still give him a hard time. What would have happened if he wasn't at either game?????

No one knows when Simon hurt his neck, this change to the front three could have been thrown together last minute to cover the injury so was unsettled in the first half however looked good in the second. The commentary on here about Niz being up front and Monty's decisions is pretty damn funny when you take into consideration how the game played out.

Ozhammer

Agree they miss Derbyshire massively, like their cup game they have plenty of skill on the ball however without Noone would look even more toothless.
Noone (I love how autocorrect changes his name to no one :headbounce: ) was pretty ineffective last night in a very ordinary looking performance. The Cows defence is definitely suspect and attacking pace and movement will certainly cause them headaches.

It was difficult to get a handle on the Nix tbh their mids were pretty solid but I thought Ball and Hooper didn’t stand out overly as visa players, so I am quietly confident we can beat them this weekend. I am worried about then having to play in the Gong again Wednesday before probably returning again to play the Cows the following weekend. You could almost argue a case for the boys basing themselves down there for the week.

Tevor

Noone (I love how autocorrect changes his name to no one :headbounce: ) was pretty ineffective last night in a very ordinary looking performance. The Cows defence is definitely suspect and attacking pace and movement will certainly cause them headaches.

It was difficult to get a handle on the Nix tbh their mids were pretty solid but I thought Ball and Hooper didn’t stand out overly as visa players, so I am quietly confident we can beat them this weekend. I am worried about then having to play in the Gong again Wednesday before probably returning again to play the Cows the following weekend. You could almost argue a case for the boys basing themselves down there for the week.
Nix were pumped for that game especially with losing their favourite Mexican to the Cows. I rate Talay as a Manager and they are a well drilled team. Will not be easy beats, Waine's pace is a worry after seeing that display by Roux.

Ancient Mariner

Not a summary, others have done that well, thanks Wombat and phoenix. Just some thoughts.
Loved the central defence Rowles, Tongyick and Birraz are awesome.
Great debut by Farrel. Hope we sign him for a long deal.
Worried about the right fullback position. Storm is starting to show his age. It is a tough position and needs someone with pace who can be up and down the pitch for 90 mins. Miller may be the answer. He has pace and hopefully he can grow into the position like Rowles did in centre back.
Ollie is all class and controls the game. I still think it is between Nizz and Ballard who plays beside him. I prefer Nizz at present and prefer him in that position, but even if he scored the first goal yesterday I do not want to see him up front again unless it is a dire emergency. DM, AM or wing. He is to good to be wasted anywhere else. And for those who think we need a monster in the midfield, Roar seemed to do ok with McKay and Murdocca. With our centre backs the need for muscle is lessened.
I liked Cy, especially his set pieces, outthink he needs to bulk up a bit to be really effective in this league. He seemed to get out muscled to often. Learning how to effectively draw fouls could be an alternative.
N'kololo is awesome and will become a favourite. Love his enthusiasm and his strength. He will only get better. Hope the hamstring is not too serious.
WUp front we need someone to partner Urena to take advantage of his service. Moresch and Tsekenis must both step up. We cannot rely on Matty for all this season. We need someone to be up there competing for the A-Leage golden boot.
This team has a massive amount of improvement in them. I hope we can keep them together for the full season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami