• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 3 v Shambles FC

scottmac

Suspended
Really impressed with Moresche. Will be a great addition to the Simon Urena pairing.
I think next game Hall must start in place of Tongyik, Miller for Roux, Beni to the wing and Niz into midfield.
Birazz
Miller, Hall, Rowles, Fazz
Cy, Niz, Boz, Beni
Urena, Moresche
Then Boz can stay deeper and Niz can chase and press. Wouldn't mind Tongyik in midfield in place if Nizzy either.

Last edited:

turbo

Wouldn't mind Tongyik in midfield in place if Nizzy either.
He has been off his game in his preferred position, he definitely doesn’t deserve to displace Ballard or Steele, if anything he should take a week on the bench. I also don’t think we’ll rush Beni back to starting next week. I’d keep Roux starting as well for now.

scottmac

Suspended
He has been off his game in his preferred position, he definitely doesn’t deserve to displace Ballard or Steele, if anything he should take a week on the bench. I also don’t think we’ll rush Beni back to starting next week. I’d keep Roux starting as well for now.
Yeah he's been off as a defender but without those duties his passing and game smarts are absolutely light years ahead of Ballard and Steele. Steele while solid, missed so many opportunities to get the ball to a threatening area. Isn't heads up enough for mine right now. It will come with time but this league looks very even and we need to get these points to be at the pointy end.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Honestly, the compass points should have buried us.
Frustrating game to watch but only because we were so close.

Feel like Simon could have made a key difference.

We certainly had a few issues tonight and it's a bit disappointing we weren't able to stand up and announce ourselves, but with players out, and other key players having off games, it just wasn't to be.

Kinda glad that missing Biraz wasn't a key issue though.

true believer

Frustration at his own performances from Urena . You can really sense he’s pissed off at his own finishes. He had a good snarl at Miller . Anyone know the reason? Reckon we’ll do well against Shitney with Birraz back . Top stuff from Farrell. Let Davilla know who’s boss !
poor pass

Ancient Mariner

I watched Nizz run 1,000 miles at 100mph on Wednesday night and was very surprised that he started today. It showed. I would have preferred him off the bench.
I think Ollie also showed the effects of playing all the recent games.
I was surprised to see Steel start but was happy with his play.
Tongyik should spend some time on the bench until he is fully fit or solves whatever the problem is. Hall is a good replacement.
I would rather have Miller making mistakes than a pedestrian Storm. Miller will take the ball to the line and will get back and defend.
I have no doubt that Moresche has the #9 spot.He will get better.
Cy is class.
Farrell is the find of the season in the whole league.
Rowles is so good he will be offered a packet in Asia soon.

Overall a disappointing but not bad performance. We need some more arrogance in front of goal and to have more players to be either greedy or confident enough to shoot rather than laying it off for tap ins. Deflections can happen.

FFC Mariner

Very lacklustre performance but 2 seasons ago we lose that 3 or 4 nil. The lack of goals is a concern and we have a wounded Sydney wating for us.

I thought Dan Hall was his usual excellent self when he came on and I just wonder how much the cup game took out of us?

true believer

I watched Nizz run 1,000 miles at 100mph on Wednesday night and was very surprised that he started today. It showed. I would have preferred him off the bench.
I think Ollie also showed the effects of playing all the recent games.
I was surprised to see Steel start but was happy with his play.
Tongyik should spend some time on the bench until he is fully fit or solves whatever the problem is. Hall is a good replacement.
I would rather have Miller making mistakes than a pedestrian Storm. Miller will take the ball to the line and will get back and defend.
I have no doubt that Moresche has the #9 spot.He will get better.
Cy is class.
Farrell is the find of the season in the whole league.
Rowles is so good he will be offered a packet in Asia soon.

Overall a disappointing but not bad performance. We need some more arrogance in front of goal and to have more players to be either greedy or confident enough to shoot rather than laying it off for tap ins. Deflections can happen.
storms lack of pace was exploited by them all night

Corsair

Haven't read any comments yet. My thoughts.... Roux was terrible and must be benched. Urena seems distracted and has lost confidence in his scoring ability. Roux is as bad as i thought he would be. Someone needs to start putting chances away. Roux is rubbish.

Rowles was excellent.

Michael

Storm was awful. Slow, yelled at everyone and deserves to now lose his spot to Miller (who gives more go forward anyway)
Kye was elite. Hally and Farrell were decent.
Steele was very good again, his spot to lose now.
Overall we played well, created more than enough to easily win the game.
Urena was back to his lazy self and really needs to sort out his finishing. It’s abhorrent at the moment.
Moresche in general was very bright but that sliding finish off miller’s low cross was very bad.

we did and we didn’t deserve to lose. Finishing was horrible, general play and most of the defending was quite alright.
macarthur are easily the most boring team in the country. Laughable with the amount they spent.

Rising Sun

Yeah he's been off as a defender but without those duties his passing and game smarts are absolutely light years ahead of Ballard and Steele. Steele while solid, missed so many opportunities to get the ball to a threatening area. Isn't heads up enough for mine right now. It will come with time but this league looks very even and we need to get these points to be at the pointy end.
I don't think starting him at DM is the solution to his lack of form. His game smarts and passing don't look light years ahead of anybody at the moment. Maybe bring him off the bench as a DM but not starting.

I also think you are being harsh on Steele. I thought he was good today - I will have to watch it back, I was at the game and sat quite low down so maybe missed some things in the first half when they were on the far side.

Michael

Honestly I really hope Monty shows some flexibility with the formation soon, we were out manned in midfield and whilst we weren’t overly punished we will be eventually like last season.
storm has to have atleast a week on the pine. Urena needs to sort himself out in front of goal. He tries the same laced power shot in every circumstance and a player of his experience has to be more versatile in their finishing.

Wombat

I don't think starting him at DM is the solution to his lack of form. His game smarts and passing don't look light years ahead of anybody at the moment. Maybe bring him off the bench as a DM but not starting.

I also think you are being harsh on Steele. I thought he was good today - I will have to watch it back, I was at the game and sat quite low down so maybe missed some things in the first half when they were on the far side.

Steele had a good debut but he does have an annoying habit of turning back towards goal when under no pressure. Has a bit more bite in his tackle than Maxi. I view them as equals at the moment.

Roun will come good. He was our best player last season by some distance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami