• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 3 v Shambles FC

Iain Shand

So a family ticket in the away bay would have cost $90 instead of $99 if I went through the Mariners website, compared to the $70 I paid in the adjacent bay.

Still price gouging.
Hi All,
Just to clarify on this supposed 10% discount.
I was offered this at 4pm on Friday for the tickets I bought for our members traveling on the bus with us.
At no point was this an option for members to get through us or via a code on Ticketek. So this offer was valid for only 60 tickets I bought.
Also as far as I am aware at no point was there a $25 Adult ticket available into the away bay.
The prices I was offered was $35 Adult, $30 Concession, $25 Junior, $99 Family - I then negotiated the 10% Discount.

ashman89

Yeah look I was a chump buying $35 tickets for the away bay then saw it was cheaper the few bays over but the worst thing was getting told by security and some Mariners bloke I can’t drink in 31 or 32…
Made my way to the top of 33 and get stopped by the help for not having the correct bay number on my GA ticket?
Asked the help where can I sit and drink then and only got back stupid blank stares.
I’m like why can’t I sit in this bay isn’t it GA?
To which the response was yeah it’s GA but if we sit in someone’s seat we have to move?

Yeah righto champ.

Absolute shambles.

marinermick

Hi All,
Just to clarify on this supposed 10% discount.
I was offered this at 4pm on Friday for the tickets I bought for our members traveling on the bus with us.
At no point was this an option for members to get through us or via a code on Ticketek. So this offer was valid for only 60 tickets I bought.
Also as far as I am aware at no point was there a $25 Adult ticket available into the away bay.
The prices I was offered was $35 Adult, $30 Concession, $25 Junior, $99 Family - I then negotiated the 10% Discount.

Thanks Iain. By that stage almost everyone would have bought a ticket.

Tevor

A security guard costs about $70 an hour yet you charging every fan an extra $10 each.

Maths doesn’t add up.
They must be bleeding money with their line up and the lack of members and crowds. I recall last year their memberships were well above every other NSW team. I have a friend who was keen to sign up but couldn't justify the price for a family membership. The whole scenario with their home stadium must be problem with their members as well. Pay a premium to have to travel to the Riff to watch your home games. Will be interesting to see how long they can continue to throw the cash around.

Tevor

Farrell broke Davila (out for 4 weeks) and Ante is a clown thinking it should have been more than a yellow. From the angle we saw I didn’t think it was even card worthy.

To be honest DDS is out playing Davila in all the Cows matches I've seen. Well done Farrell and I was sick of watching him fall over with the slightest touch all game. Boy who cried wolf comes to mind. Was a good solid tackle and even the commentators didn't think it was much more than a yellow at the time.

bikinigirl

Agreed. All the decent NPL keepers are at an age where they won’t come to the A-League for minimum or near minimum wage.

They have families to support and are currently getting around a grand a week playing NPL as well as being able to maintain a full time job.

My nephew plays NPL and between football and his accounting job earns more than most of the Mariners players.

. sshhhh

. how are we meant to maintain a decent squad on our budget with people spreading truths willy-nilly

Avoca

They must be bleeding money with their line up and the lack of members and crowds. I recall last year their memberships were well above every other NSW team. I have a friend who was keen to sign up but couldn't justify the price for a family membership. The whole scenario with their home stadium must be problem with their members as well. Pay a premium to have to travel to the Riff to watch your home games. Will be interesting to see how long they can continue to throw the cash around.
The Cows have quite a bit of money backing them, plus their stadium costs are subsidised by the council. Unlike us, they have the support of local politicians.

true believer

Farrell broke Davila (out for 4 weeks) and Ante is a clown thinking it should have been more than a yellow. From the angle we saw I didn’t think it was even card worthy.

noone landed an elbow on farrell .with the touchie looking directly at it .
not even a foul

Tevor

The Cows have quite a bit of money backing them, plus their stadium costs are subsidised by the council. Unlike us, they have the support of local politicians.
Yeah but even deep pockets eventually run dry. Especially if there are no results. FFA Cup gone so all on the League now.

turbo

Yeah but even deep pockets eventually run dry. Especially if there are no results. FFA Cup gone so all on the League now.
I’m not sure the pockets will run dry based on success, but abysmal crowds could certainly be a big problem for them if they don’t change in a season or two. Milicic’s brand of football isn’t helping them.

scottmac

Suspended
I’m not sure the pockets will run dry based on success, but abysmal crowds could certainly be a big problem for them if they don’t change in a season or two. Milicic’s brand of football isn’t helping them.
And will never help them. If it takes them more than this season to figure that out they're doomed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami