• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Round 5 - CCM vs Carl Robinson's last chance.

Rising Sun

How good is Kye and Dan Hall going under the radar cleaning so many attacks.

Every player did their part but Hall, Kye and Nizzy could share the 3 points week in, week out.
Kye looks to have had an injection of confidence and on the last 2 weeks in particular looks to have gone up another level.

Hard to believe that this was only what, Dan's 3rd or 4th start in the a-league?

Corsair

100% agree. He was still involved and constantly moving and running into open space. Just needs to find his touch. He'll get there, but booing the guy isn't exactly going to help him ??‍♂️
Setting your stall out that you want to play striker for Costa Rica in the next world cup and then not delivering many chances, as a player that is not going to enamour you to the fans. I don't give a f, we won but it's constantly in the back of mind that he thinks he's a world cup striker... apparently it's fkin with his head too. Needs to just relax, its aleague. Poke a few in and have fun. Even if you score 15 in this league they still might not pick you so get on with it. See earlier comments about something going on with him...

Last edited:

Stoxxo

Not sure I believe that we’re lucky to have him.
He should’ve had 3 goals tonight but it basic striking technique and slowness on the ball when he was in huge amounts of space that let him down. Not confidence.
he should be the most confident striker in the league knowing he’s going to get roughly 4 big chances per game because the team does all the work for him.
Going to have to agree to disagree with all of that, each to their own .

Ancient Mariner

Setting your stall out that you want to play striker for Columbia in the next world cup and then not delivering many chances, as a player that is not going to enamour you to the fans. I don't give a f, we won but it's constantly in the back of mind that he thinks he's a world cup striker... apparently it's fkin with his head too. Needs to just relax, its aleague. Poke a few in and have fun. Even if you score 15 in this league they still might not pick you so get on with it. See earlier comments about something going on with him...
Costa Rica not Columbia.

jacobsfl

Setting your stall out that you want to play striker for Columbia in the next world cup and then not delivering many chances, as a player that is not going to enamour you to the fans. I don't give a f, we won but it's constantly in the back of mind that he thinks he's a world cup striker... apparently it's fkin with his head too. Needs to just relax, its aleague. Poke a few in and have fun. Even if you score 15 in this league they still might not pick you so get on with it. See earlier comments about something going on with him...
I'm going to put it down as an off day. Every time we went forward he wanted the ball and was always making runs in behind their defence, looking up and making quick decisions. It won't be perfect week to week, but it would help if Moresche was more present in the final third to latch onto his chance creation. Wasn't his best game, but I can still draw many positives from his performance. The combination is a work in progress but I see it falling into place as the season progresses.

Corsair

I'm going to put it down as an off day. Every time we went forward he wanted the ball and was always making runs in behind their defence, looking up and making quick decisions. It won't be perfect week to week, but it would help if Moresche was more present in the final third to latch onto his chance creation. Wasn't his best game, but I can still draw many positives from his performance. The combination is a work in progress but I see it falling into place as the season progresses.
Yes mustn't lose sight that Moresche was not signed until preseason was almost over. Certainly better things coming.

Corsair

Why's everyone taking about Columbia...of course it didn't say Columbia and i fixed it. It said Costa Rica all along. Geez pay attention pls guys. ?

Also pls moderate how many pints of sirens tears you drink at the bay rd.... they are rather lethal!!

Huddo

the ref was horrendous.
the studs up challenge on nizzy.
the apparent yellow for diving while running through 3 sets is legs, the advantage played for the garrenteed yellow around the 90 mark when mariners were craving dead ball, Reece Williams apparent second yellow that wasn't, nizzy getting dropped and getting up just to get dropped again. and that's just off the top of my head.

if we'd lost it would be sour grapes, but that officiating wouldn't fly at Saturday Park Level.

Tevor

the ref was horrendous.
the studs up challenge on nizzy.
the apparent yellow for diving while running through 3 sets is legs, the advantage played for the garrenteed yellow around the 90 mark when mariners were craving dead ball, Reece Williams apparent second yellow that wasn't, nizzy getting dropped and getting up just to get dropped again. and that's just off the top of my head.

if we'd lost it would be sour grapes, but that officiating wouldn't fly at Saturday Park Level.
I think you have the majority, I’m going to watch the replay tomorrow. Made the win even sweeter though.

Huddo

I challenge anyone here to run full stick for 80-90 mins in that heat and humidity today and be sharp as a button and perfectly on song
I was hard pressed sitting in the stands, so f**king hot, that was a real shit day. Then again at least I'm not a WSW supporter, hour trip up the F3 ,solid active support in the sun (tip of the hat), a team so bad they're embarrassing, a quasi-manager, a 2-nil loss, a trip back down the F3 with severe sunburn.

Last edited:

pjennings

I challenge anyone here to run full stick for 80-90 mins in that heat and humidity today and be sharp as a button and perfectly on song
Got home after the game and it was still 29 (felt like 32). I sat on the west side in the shade. Didn't feel much chop until I had sat in air-conditioning for 30 mins.

I'm not sure what temperature it was at kick-off but hats off to the boys for coping with the first half and being clearly the better team in the second.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred